Which player(s) did you pretend to be as a kid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deleted member 13260

You know the drill - out in the playground pretending to be your favourite player.
Who was it?

For me it was Darren Anderton! I played right forward and my best mate was always Sheringham 😂

In the back garden with my older brother - you know older sibling rules... I was ALWAYS in goal - so Thorstvedt too!

Just curious - different ages of people and types of players you wanted to emulate. Maybe you didn't do this at all??

Alan Gilzean

I knew I was never going to be as quick as Greavsie but I could head a ball

Always hoddle.

(And I can clearly remember doing the Mick Channon windmill goal celebration when scoring in matches).

haha great. yeah should have gone for celebrations too.
although saying that i always used to just run back to the half way line - carrying the ball if possible. didnt matter what the score was although some of those 24-20 scoreline classics didnt really warrant a celebration for every goal

haha great. yeah should have gone for celebrations too.
although saying that i always used to just run back to the half way line - carrying the ball if possible. didnt matter what the score was although some of those 24-20 scoreline classics didnt really warrant a celebration for every goal

Scoring goals? ...What's that?

I managed about 3 in 11-aside over 10 years.... All from my own half, mind. :pochsmirk:

Scoring goals? ...What's that?

I managed about 3 in 11-aside over 10 years.... All from my own half, mind. :pochsmirk:

i certainly wasn't much of a goalscorer. i was the set piece taker... although any corners after about 20 minutes in - i didnt have enough power / energy in my legs to hit the 6 yard box without it bouncing.
would get a big lad standing on the back post with his arm up - thinking to myself, no fucking chance of this getting to you mate

I always remember my Dad talking about the way Greaves just passed the ball into the net.

my dad supported spurs because he got a greaves card in a bubblegum pack - apparently that was a thing

Back
Top Bottom