Which player(s) did you pretend to be as a kid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gordon Banks.

As a kid I always tried to do that save where he got lobbed and flung himself backward, twisted and when in the air, facing his own goal he punched the ball wide.

Managed it once, failed miserably a 1000 times.

It's at 0:38 in this vid.

Always Gazza. Was my idol. I remember watching that freekick against Woolwich and going nuts age 8.
Still my favourite moment watching Spurs. I ended up about 8 rows away on the old Wembley seating from my seat. Bloody insane, still makes me grin now........., arms and limbs everywhere. We stopped those nomads from doing the double, won the cup despite we were in serious financial shit, it really was us against the world, you could sense the everyone in this together front all day..........

Still my favourite moment watching Spurs. I ended up about 8 rows away on the old Wembley seating from my seat. Bloody insane, still makes me grin now........., arms and limbs everywhere. We stopped those nomads from doing the double, won the cup despite we were in serious financial shit, it really was us against the world, you could sense the everyone in this together front all day..........

Exactly that. We were upper tier and after first two goals I was nowhere near my seat.

Gary’s goal at our end sealing it. Absolute scenes.

The noise hitting me as I walked out of the stairway when first getting there was incredible.

Then taunting them all the way down Wembley way singing you’ve lost that double feeling. Fantastic day all round.

If 12 until 14 counts as a kid, Gareth Bale. He was/is everything I loved and imagined myself to be as a football player based on my attributes. Reliant on pace, left-footed, a left-back who made the transition to a winger. Even to this day, he is my favourite player ever, and I doubt that someone can take his place, just because I wanted so much to be like him. Started supporting Tottenham when we beat City in 2010 for the Champions League qualification, fell in love when I saw Bale play.

Hoddle (obviously... child of the '70s/'80s and all that)
...but obscurely, occasionally I'd pretend to be Chris Hughton, after he scored away at Wtaford in '83 ('the same game as THAT Hoddle chipped goal)
...and it was purely 'cos the team all seemed really pleased he'd scored, as he obviously didn't score many....and neither did I.... so we had THAT in common!

I was called Gazza at Secondary school... and NOT 'cos I had sublime footballing skills!!
I did however, have quite a sizeable waistline!! :gazza:

Gordon Banks.

As a kid I always tried to do that save where he got lobbed and flung himself backward, twisted and when in the air, facing his own goal he punched the ball wide.

Managed it once, failed miserably a 1000 times.

It's at 0:38 in this vid.

Now that's some proper highlight-reel music!!! :townhmm:

That could be the start or re-use of an old thread - Why do you support Spurs?

It started as self harm... then i slowly keep getting more extreme until i found myself supporting Spurs

😭

Alfie Conn

Before we had Hoddle or Gazza we had Alfie Conn, not with us long but quickly acheived cult hero status with his ball at feet direct running at defences. To dare is to do could of been written for him. Proper Tottenham player.

As kids we used to mimic his sitting on the ball antics after he tore Leeds apart, shame there's no photos of it.

Alfie Conn

Before we had Hoddle or Gazza we had Alfie Conn, not with us long but quickly acheived cult hero status with his ball at feet direct running at defences. To dare is to do could of been written for him. Proper Tottenham player.

As kids we used to mimic his sitting on the ball antics after he tore Leeds apart, shame there's no photos of it.

reminded me of a brief period where i pretended to be jose dominguez haha

I never pretended to be a player (I was probably just too good in my own right :levystare:)

Me and my mate always pretended to be Senna and Piquet on our bmx's though. I was Piquet thank fuck

Back
Top Bottom