Which ex player would you go for

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thinking about this team I wouldn't mind seeing a prime Chris Waddle playing in the space behind Harry Kane.

He just had that ability to make something out of nothing - useful against bus parkers. I'm convinced he was one of the main reasons Clive Allen scored 49 that year.

Thinking about this team I wouldn't mind seeing a prime Chris Waddle playing in the space behind Harry Kane.

He just had that ability to make something out of nothing - useful against bus parkers. I'm convinced he was one of the main reasons Clive Allen scored 49 that year.
was just about to say waddle. His form in 88/89 was unbelievable, every week he was doing something special - along with Gascoingne.
Also - Clive Allen as back up striker to Kane

Old Spurs: Graeme Sounness. The thought of him and Hoddle in the MF for 10 years, we'd have won the bloody treble and the Grand National, and the 1970's wouldnt have been so fucking miserable for this teen Spurs fan.

Current Spurs: Luka. Granted he acted like a tit, and he's very ugly, but sublime skills.

We are just one attacking player short of a title winning team and that would be Bale in my opinion. A peak Bale like the one we had in his last season here would give us the explosive power to break through stubborn defences and win the title. Unfortunate what's happened to him injury wise.

Modric is a good shout, but I think our midfield is good enough as it is to play the Poch way. Between a peak Dembele and a peak Modric, I would go for the Moose as his style is more suited to Poch's tactics I feel.

We are just one attacking player short of a title winning team and that would be Bale in my opinion. A peak Bale like the one we had in his last season here would give us the explosive power to break through stubborn defences and win the title. Unfortunate what's happened to him injury wise.

Modric is a good shout, but I think our midfield is good enough as it is to play the Poch way. Between a peak Dembele and a peak Modric, I would go for the Moose as his style is more suited to Poch's tactics I feel.

Now we have Sanchez sweeping up, we could effectively have had a midfield two of Dembele and Modric. Just imagine that.

gazza in front of VW and dembele, eriksen and dele off kane.

having modric would mean dropping one of the above imo, whereas gazza would compliment them.

I'd have to go with Bale too. Sometimes, in a match we dominate, we fail to break down teams. A Bale free-kick or one-off piece of unstoppable brilliance, that we know he does all the time, would be ideal in those circumstances. If we had him back, we'd be favourites for the double.

I was about to click "agree" on your post before you spectacularly ruined it by saying you'd have Dembele over Modric. :avbfacepalm:

Greaves.

Him playing off Kane with eriksen and allí providing the assists would be ridiculous.

Would also love to have Jose Dominguez back. Just because he was so entertaining to watch and would be good fun to bring on when we're 3 or 4-0 up

Bale for me. No need for a creative maestro to slow the play in midfield. Set up in a counter-attacking 3-4-3 and just ruthlessly pummel teams. Yeah, we've fucked about with Ginola and Modric and VdV and Berbatov in the past and it was some lovely stuff. But now it is time for sheer punishment.

The whole of the double side as they knew how to win.

I don't want anyone back, especially those who deserted us.

Keeping everything crossed that this current crop will take us onto great things, they're talented enough, just need that killer instinct and a little bit of luck.

I'll agree with that. Wouldn't want any current players back.They are either past their best,so would offer us nothing or left us for what they saw as better things. 2 seasons back i would have taken Carrick as i think he has a winners mentality and would've been a mature head in a young side.

Back
Top Bottom