Which current players would you consider club legends?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering the success we have had over the last decade. Which players would you consider club legends? Players that get paraded before important games once they retired, keep links and jobs at the club etc... go down in Tottenham folklaw?

Obvious ones are Jan, Hugo, Sissoko, Dembele, Kane, Son,

Has Eriksen burned his bridges? Has toby played enough games?

Where does Poch, Redknapp and Jol rank?

I think this era has been full of cult hero's....

"Legend" is an oft over used term.

Vs Ajax in Amsterdamn = Legendary night.

Pretty sure Kane will achieve legendary status by the time his time is up, but I think most of these lads (even Hugo, Vert etc.) need a major honor to cement such status.

Even when I think back to the last major glory we had ('91 FA Cup... when it was still massive); how many of those lads are regarded as club "legends"?

Last edited:
Dele is nailed on to become a club legend. I think he will go down as a great when it’s all said and done. . .

I think that's true, but as long as he stays with us for a few more seasons and into his 'peak' years. If we was to leave next summer (as an example) and go to another English club, then he wouldn't go down as a legend.. unless he was instrumental in us getting a trophy this season.

Not a term to use lightly, for example Glenn Hoddle is a proper legend, of the current players only Harry Kane can be really called a legend... The term means nothing if you call half this squad, including Sissoko , Spurs legends, nonsense.

Last edited:
Lucas hattrick fucking Moura Stadium. That should be the name of our stadium. With 2 statues of Moura at every gate. And every night before he goes to sleep the entire club should apologise for not starting the final.

I agree with the sentiment that club legend is an overused term. For me in my opinion the only absolute club legends since I have been alive are Ledley King and Harry Kane. There a bunch of guys who are close but for different reasons aren't quite there for me - Dawson, Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart, Lennon, Defoe, Keane, Dembele all spring to mind in this category. Of the current crop I think Sonny, Hugo, Dele and Super Jan are the biggest shouts to be legends (bit hard to judge while they're still playing). Eriksen would have but think he's tarnished his legacy a bit. Personally think Winks has a shot too being a homegrown lad but obviously would need to progress a bit more

Considering the success we have had over the last decade. Which players would you consider club legends? Players that get paraded before important games once they retired, keep links and jobs at the club etc... go down in Tottenham folklaw?

Obvious ones are Jan, Hugo, Sissoko, Dembele, Kane, Son,

Has Eriksen burned his bridges? Has toby played enough games?

Where does Poch, Redknapp and Jol rank?

Dele also dederves legendary staus

For me to put anyone other than Harry Kane into such a heading derides the term 'legend'. Over the last decade the only player consistently performing at a high level is Harry. I hope that in the seasons to follow Dele and Son also join such an illustrious group.

It takes quite a lot to call someone a legend in my book. So far, it's only Kane that deserves the honour. Son is the closest to achieving this status and Dele also has the potential, but it will take another few good seasons for him to get there.

Back
Top Bottom