When You're Not Young Anymore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...When people talk about the Hummel shirt from the mid 80s as being a vintage or retro classic and you played fives as a teenager in the original....

Last edited:
When ever someone made the crossover from player to manager and I remember when they made their debuts! Glenn, Chrissie, Stevie, Peter Reid, Kenny Dalglish pop to mind.

One moment that sticks out for me was when Martin Jol was appointed our manager. I hadn't appreciated it at the time but he had played for WBA against us in the League Cup semi final at The Hawthorns. What made that memorable was there was a train strike and we went by coach and trying to find ours after the game was a needle in a haystack moment.
Happy days :)

Telling people of my first trips to WHL by myself. £10 on the train and £10 to get in at the gate.
I can't remember how much the train was for my first game, but the entrance for a "boy" was 3/6 old money (equivalent of 17.5p). That's a sure sign of being old - still thinking in old money! I was telling someone yesterday that my seat is roughly about £70. I know I used to stand and not truly comparative, but still.

I can't remember how much the train was for my first game, but the entrance for a "boy" was 3/6 old money (equivalent of 17.5p). That's a sure sign of being old - still thinking in old money! I was telling someone yesterday that my seat is roughly about £70. I know I used to stand and not truly comparative, but still.
I just wish it were so easy now! They were indeed happy days. I recall being very nervous and excited on my first trip to London by myself, I think i was 17 at the time and remember Lineker playing. This was the season after Gazza moved to Lazio.

Mid thirties you come to the realisation that even if you were as good as Messi or Zidane you would be looking at retirement from football and that big player just a few years older than you like Gerrard and Lampard are now managers.

My Father always used to say that when he was young he would wake up with a pain or ache but by the evening it had disappeared.....when he was older and awoke with a new ailment he would simply 'add it to the list'. I never truly understood what he meant, until now....and my list keeps growing.

Getting a players name on the back of your new shirt and he’s half your age and will fuck off as soon as he gets to big for his boots!

I think I will feel even weirder when I get to be the same age as the gaffer.

My first season seing players younger than me break through, was 05/06.
Did not really think too much about it, other than, shit what have I done with my life so far :pochsulk:

I do remember feeling weird, when I found out I was a year older than Lewandowski - Feel like he should be older.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom