When should the board return to normal?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When should we resume cunt-offs and return the board to normal?

• Right now - Cunt-offs are the sole purpose of this board

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • After one day of celebration - The cunt-offs shall resume tomorrow

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Our first loss under Conte - Wait one loss before we turn on each other

• After January transfer window - We will have both spent enough and not spent enough

• End of Season - Let's save up all our cuntiness for the long summer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer Transfer window - No more january window transfer excuses, Death to ENIC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's always time for a Harry Kane cunt-off - Let's take this to the Kane thread NOW

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Never - Conte will unite us for eternity and the peace will allow Admin to retire

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
This is a rare day when the board is in near universal celebration. Enemies have becomes friends. ENIC haters and lovers have sent each other likes and possibly even temporarily unblocked one another. Igula Igula has only sent 130 disagrees, an all-time low.

However, this "unity" clearly doesn't feel right and is not why we participate in an online forum to talk with fellow supporters who share a common goal. This forum exists so that we can prove we are the smartest supporter of the bunch and to prove the cunt we are arguing with is as miserable as we are (but stupider, so we win).

How long until the forum returns to glory days?

Funny, I was about to start a thread calling out the negative Nora's who, even after today's monumentally POSITIVE news can still find an angle to criticise, or a reason to moan... But I'll leave this here instead:

There are a few if them on here (they know who they are) and they're either fans of other 'certain' clubs, in which case, fuck off back to your own club ... or they're the type of perma-negative Spurs fan we just don't need on here right now...

So kindly steer clear until such time when your dreams come true and it all comes crashing down... then you can smugly return, and gloat all you want....
But until that day, let the rest of us enjoy the wonderful ride of optimism!

Last edited:
This is a rare day when the board is in near universal celebration. Enemies have becomes friends. ENIC haters and lovers have sent each other likes and possibly even temporarily unblocked one another. Igula Igula has only sent 130 disagrees, an all-time low.

However, this "unity" clearly doesn't feel right and is not why we participate in an online forum to talk with fellow supporters who share a common goal. This forum exists so that we can prove we are the smartest supporter of the bunch and to prove the cunt we are arguing with is as miserable as we are (but stupider, so we win).

No chance I'm paring my ignore list down yet. Could be a false dawn.

I think there will be a honeymoon period as the fixture list is quite kind to us for a few weeks.

Then it's Xmas and the season of goodwill. Then it's the transfer window and excitement of who will we sign, who won't we sign etc.

By around February i expect normal service to have resumed.

i cant beleive some on here are not happy at this appointment, its like 5 models coming into your bedroom it never should happen but it has and you have to enjoy the ride.

for me this is massive for our club to get conte who just flat out won serie a last season

i for one am happy

i cant beleive some on here are not happy at this appointment, its like 5 models coming into your bedroom it never should happen but it has and you have to enjoy the ride.

for me this is massive for our club to get conte who just flat out won serie a last season

i for one am happy
Anyone less than happy with this is either not a Spurs supporter or so blinded by a hatred for Levy/ENIC that they can’t bring themselves to give credit where it’s due.
I’m still on the ENIC out side of the fence. Some of the past errors have been unforgivable.
But if we start playing the football & competing at the level that the stadium deserves, then even the staunchest ENIC out folk will have to rethink and draw a line under past mistakes at some point. Surely?

I have never been so happy with a managerial appointment in all my time supporting Spurs. We genuinely went out and got the best guy we possibly could. If we can back that up with moves in the transfer market (more Romero style signings, that Conte wants of course) then it can only lead to great things for us.

Having said that, I reached the end of my tether with Levy this pre-season. I wanted Conte for us ever since he left Inter (even though I thought it was unlikely we could get him). But now Levy has gone out and got the best man in. So I give him full credit. If he backs him to the fullest extent, then he (Levy) will have my support again. Because you can't ask more of a chairman/owner than to get the best manager he possibly can and then buy him the players that he asks for.

I think there will be a honeymoon period as the fixture list is quite kind to us for a few weeks.

Then it's Xmas and the season of goodwill. Then it's the transfer window and excitement of who will we sign, who won't we sign etc.

By around February i expect normal service to have resumed.
Have a read of the Rolfy Saville thread to warm up

I have never been so happy with a managerial appointment in all my time supporting Spurs. We genuinely went out and got the best guy we possibly could. If we can back that up with moves in the transfer market (more Romero style signings, that Conte wants of course) then it can only lead to great things for us.

Having said that, I reached the end of my tether with Levy this pre-season. I wanted Conte for us ever since he left Inter (even though I thought it was unlikely we could get him). But now Levy has gone out and got the best man in. So I give him full credit. If he backs him to the fullest extent, then he (Levy) will have my support again. Because you can't ask more of a chairman/owner than to get the best manager he possibly can and then buy him the players that he asks for.
That bolded bit is what its all about. Good job getting a good manager. But without the squad , even Conte will fail. So job is only half done . But we've been burnt many times. So not getting 'excited' yet.

Great post. Sums up pretty much my feelings too
:adethumbup:

Funny, I was about to start a thread calling out the negative Nora's who, even after today's monumentally POSITIVE news can still find an angle to criticise, or a reason to moan... But I'll leave this here instead:

There are a few if them on here (they know who they are) and they're either fans of other 'certain' clubs, in which case, fuck off back to your own club ... or they're the type of perma-negative Spurs fan we just don't need on here right now...

So kindly steer clear until such time when your dreams come true and it all comes crashing down... then you can smugly return, and gloat all you want....
But until that day, let the rest of us enjoy the wonderful ride of optimism!
I think it's such poor form when people moan about people moaning. Why can't we just let people moan without getting on their backs all the time? Moaning is British, but moaning about moaners smacks of the French and as such is unwelcome anywhere in the world, except France, where it is an integral aspect of their culture.

I think it's such poor form when people moan about people moaning. Why can't we just let people moan without getting on their backs all the time? Moaning is British, but moaning about moaners smacks of the French and as such is unwelcome anywhere in the world, except France, where it is an integral aspect of their culture.
What about moaning about people moaning about moaners?

What about moaning about people moaning about moaners?
Nobody would do that.
DLRwF5HXkAANpF1.jpg

Actually, I suspect all the folk who still believe that football management is some kind of 30 year commitment and takes time, are just avoiding the forum at the moment.

Those people still think it's 88-98 when football wasn't a multi billion pound business for elite clubs. It can suit the likes of Southampton and Brighton, but for the "big 5" taking time to build will just allow someone else in to your spot.
Newcastle etc

Jan transfer window.

People will be pissed off we haven't spent enough OR pissed off that we spent too much on 'poor' players.

Back
Top Bottom