When do you predict us to win a trophy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When do you predict us to win a trophy?

• Total voters
If we make a statment by signing some names like Liverpool did this summer than we can win next season. If we dont make signing than a fluke of EFL/FA Cup at the best.

Why would it be a fluke to win one of these with the current team?

Last edited:
I honestly don't mind not winning trophies that much. We've won 4 or 5 in my lifetime and will probably win another 5-10 before I kick the bucket. Most fans of most clubs would get 1 at best in that time. Or if you're Newcastle, nothing, ever, forever.

Depends. We might have a season like Leicester, we might have a flukey CL run like Liverwank did last season.

But until we actually prioritise winning a trophy we'll do nothing.

Poch saying winning a cup would own be for egos only is very worrying. It suggests he thinks our squad would win a trophy and settle for it and not try to win anything else. If that is the players we have, we'll not win anything for a long time.

Personally I think our players, especially the likes of Kane, Dele, Eriksen etc. are hungry for trophies and winning the league cup or the FA cup would only be the starter that would drive them on to bigger successes.

Why would it be a fluke to win one of these with the current team?

For me this is largely the crux of the matter.

It's a fair point of view, but in the end if we're considered the 3rd or 4th best team in the land, we by definition have to get past 2-3 rounds, where we'll be odds against progressing (or get the luck of the draw and having even bigger odds against teams knocking out our superiors). That would imho make it a fluke. A small one, granted, but still a fluke.

Poch's stance appears to me to be that we'll never be considered or rated a top team by winning a domestic cup in these "fluky" circumstances, and he'll not let it derail the journey, he's looking to take himself, the squad and the club on to become the very best team in the country and winning trophies 100% on merit.

I think his recent comments on cup wins just building egos, along with a lot of the stuff from the book on him, shows that quite clearly.

It's completely valid to view cup wins, and even cup runs, differently than Poch does. Both in terms of what it does for fans and the mentality within a squad. That said his stance is abundantly clear to me, and if we want this great man as manager for the foreseeable future, we have to come to terms with it.

It will happen when we are mid table side again with no chance of getting anywhere near the top 4
While top 4 is on the table we will never give a cup competition the priority it deserves

Back
Top Bottom