When do you predict us to win a trophy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When do you predict us to win a trophy?

• Total voters
.. And which trophy will it be? My guess would be the FA Cup in the 2020/2021 season. CL and the league doesn't seem likely to me in the next few years.

I think we will have to settle into the new stadium and make a few signings to the current team before we win a trophy.

I think the most important thing will be to keep our key players, the main one being Eriksen and honesrly I think we need to keep Toby at the back as well.

I think failing to do either of those things will prolong the wait (unless we have some good fortune along the way.)

If we make a statment by signing some names like Liverpool did this summer than we can win next season. If we dont make signing than a fluke of EFL/FA Cup at the best.

DGEoPl3.gif

I fully expect a few cardboard cutouts to beef this thread up over the next couple of month and years.

Remember this, how many fans that actually pay to go to games do you see protesting as to how the clubs run? We are currently in a phase of Premier League football wher Man City are the best they have ever been in their history, Liverpool at the best they have been since what the 1980s? Chelsea are spending more money than they very had on players (5 of their 7 biggest spends have happened in the last two seasons) & Manchester United boast the likes of De Gea, Pogba & the biggest brand in football.

We all want success but fuck me to expect it only sets yourself up for disapppointment. A team outside the top 5 wealthiest clubs in the country hasn't won the FA Cup or League Cup for 5 years now, where the league has seen an even greater divide from the good and great so I don't see why this is an issue. You're letting the muggy media, buzz on social media get you irate, just support the club and what will be will be

Back
Top Bottom