When are we going home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First game will be played

• August

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • September

Votes: 61 30.0%
  • October

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • November

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • December

Votes: 13 6.4%

Votes: 74 36.5%
  • Season 2019-20

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
The International Breaks are 3rd to 11th September and 8th to 16th October.

So our first home league game is likely to be either 15th / 16th September or 20th / 21st October.

Isn’t the NFL game scheduled for October? Think we should have at least got the safety certificate before October. So I’m going for 15/16th September.

Isn’t the NFL game scheduled for October? Think we should have at least got the safety certificate before October. So I’m going for 15/16th September.

I think Champions League will be more of a concern than the NFL game, as far as I'm aware you aren't allowed to move them.

So depending on the draw we would have our first game on either 18th/19th September or 2nd/3rd October.

If we aren't ready for those then I guess we could play Champions League at Wembley and still play league games at WHL.

I think Champions League will be more of a concern than the NFL game, as far as I'm aware you aren't allowed to move them.

So depending on the draw we would have our first game on either 18th/19th September or 2nd/3rd October.

If we aren't ready for those then I guess we could play Champions League at Wembley and still play league games at WHL.

Levy should be desperate to get Champions League at the new Lane as it’ll be a major selling point for naming rights.

What’s that rule meant to address, paddy?

I am not sure but is seems harsh. And I think a lot of football administrators would be sympathic to tottenham case if the build overruns

I think the idea is that, Say, Chelsea can't play at the Nuremburg stadium without selling it out 15 times a year and then rent Wembley when the proper clubs come visit

Makes sense when you think of it that way, but you could also achieve the same thing by asking clubs to declare which time periods they will be playing at particular stadiums for before the fixture list comes out. That would prevent clubs from choosing a stadium to fit the opposition. But yeah, as ArmadilloSackRace ArmadilloSackRace says, it could give a bit of an uneven playing field. But that would just be from the luck of the draw of the fixture list, and there are plenty of other ways you can be lucky/unlucky with the fixture list.

Thanks, folks, for the replies and explanations. Like paddy, I too thought there ought to be some discretion given, as it’s quite clear we’re building a new ground and not trying to manipulate the competitive match experience or ground capacity.

2018/19 season starts on August 11 so I reckon we will request first 4 games away. Then we have international break so first home game could well be September 15/16. With this in mind I wonder if Woolwich have to agree for their first 4 games to be at home because later on in the season there will be gameweeks when we are at home together.

Probably two addresses. :troll:
giphy.gif

Surely they wouldn't be selling season tickets if they weren't reasonably confident of completing by September?
Just make sure the pitch is laid, access routes are clear, seats are in place and entrances are up and working. All the rest is window dressing and shouldn't stop a game being played. We need to get back at the earliest opportunity as it will take a little while to settle in.

Makes sense when you think of it that way, but you could also achieve the same thing by asking clubs to declare which time periods they will be playing at particular stadiums for before the fixture list comes out. That would prevent clubs from choosing a stadium to fit the opposition. But yeah, as ArmadilloSackRace ArmadilloSackRace says, it could give a bit of an uneven playing field. But that would just be from the luck of the draw of the fixture list, and there are plenty of other ways you can be lucky/unlucky with the fixture list.
fixture list isnt random anymore. never really was. there are so many parameters that are put in the fixture list :us home and gooners away etc, Tv requirements (any one that thinks that the old sky 4 grand slam sundays coming out randomly is an idiot) that its almost done by hand anyway. so for the spectacle (and to keep TV happy), you would have, for example, fulham (only as an example cos they have a small ground) ending up at wembley for the visit of man utd cos it would be close to a sell out.( just 50k of them man utd supporters), happening by "luck of the draw"

Ref: playing in two stadiums in the same season

There’s NO way West Ham, Chelsea or Woolwich would cast their vote to allow a change in the rules to allow spurs to play in two stadiums in the same season. No way at all. We will be in the new stadium next season either before or after the international break. Whether all fixtures and fittings are complete is another matter.

Paddy over here is so paddy that he thinks that the club agreed to start playing in September and placed one of the five biggest games on opening day without being certain that the damn thing will be ready.

Back
Top Bottom