Whats gone wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's not up to it / Years of under investment

• Poch not up to it

• Years of under investment

Results are only viewable after voting.
Agreed. Just did a few 1 liner moans about anyone criticising levy. He needs us to feel like a better fan. Another 1 of the I'm a better fan than you brigade.
ohh im not. Ive never claimed to be a great fan. never will. I really dont care enough about it.

What do you think he wants?
I think he'd like our better players to be paid market rate wages and tied to long term deals.
I think he'd also like to not have to go a year and a half with zero investment in the squad, and then have to play catch up.
I think he probably wanted a quality right back brought in to replace Trippier, instead of having to promote a rookie.
How long have you got????

never put anyone on ignore, never will.
Im perfectly happy to engage anyone on anything. if you only engage with people that agree with you, it becomes a little self affirming circle jerk, doesnt it?
You missed the point. I engage with lots of people who disagree with me. It's not about engaging with people who disagree. It's about engaging with moody idiots looking for a cunt off who just want to criticise other fans & go on about how much of a better fan they are. It doesn't interest me sorry John.
Read your post to me. If you think thats a civil post looking for a debate on the subject then I despair. You were being moody & looking for a cunt off, Not a debate. You were basically whinging as usual about people critical of levy. Which is your right but I can't be bothered with a cunt off about levy tonight.
& I am sorry you can't live your life without replying to my posts. But I can easily get through my life without engaging with you.

I think he'd like our better players to be paid market rate wages and tied to long term deals.
I think he'd also like to not have to go a year and a half with zero investment in the squad, and then have to play catch up.
Should he swallow his pride and agree to work with a DoF? And by the way, John, I was fucking frothing over our lack of transfer activity.

You missed the point. I engage with lots of people who disagree with me. It's not about engaging with people who disagree. It's about engaging with moody idiots looking for a cunt off who just want to criticise other fans & go on about how much of a better fan they are. It doesn't interest me sorry John.
Read your post to me. If you think thats a civil post looking for a debate on the subject then I despair. You were being moody & looking for a cunt off, Not a debate. You were basically whinging as usual about people critical of levy. Which is your right but I can't be bothered with a cunt off about levy tonight.
& I am sorry you can't live your life without replying to my posts. But I can easily get through my life without engaging with you.
off you trot then. Ill poke you with a stick as and when i feel like it.

Its very close though. Much closer than we both expected.

Simalar to the Brexit vote atm!
Difference is that I’ve read numerous, logical, balanced valid reasons for blaming Poch.

No one can really say why they don’t blame him though for the abysmal football.

“Spend more” just doesn’t cut it. There are no noises coming from the people who blame Levy.
Just 22 silent voters who can’t really explain why dropping Jan isn’t on the chairman.

People who claim Eriksen is our best player, and should never be dropped, but can’t tell us why they don’t blame Poch for dropping him.
Somehow Poch dropped them this season because we didn’t buy a player in the summer if 2018.

I think you know you’re lying to yourself

ohh im not. Ive never claimed to be a great fan. never will. I really dont care enough about it.
Well for someone who doesn't care about it, you don't half bring it up a lot & go on & on about it . You get all worked up & moody.

Sorry mate no excuses today a CL team should and has enough talent at their disposal to beat very average team's like this similar to west ham last season, but performance levels are nowhere near good enough and we got away with last week but not today.
We have no style of play still and looking like it won't change because our manager doesn't know how to, and worse still when did poch leave and AVB take over slow possession based football that goes nowhere and hurts no-one boring boring football.

Granted it was poor and not acceptable but we had our B team out in 60% of our starting XI places. We definitely should have done more against them 100% but once again we rode our luck by carelessly conceding the first goal of the game and inevitably it was going to bite us in the arse.

Sanchez really needs to improve his qualities as a composed and wily defender otherwise he or us as a club won't be able to call ourselves top 4 quality.

For me if Eriksen starts today we won the game. The performance was poor but it's one of the real few times I lay this one at Pochettino's door. Subs on the hour as standard even though we needed two goals, a lack of delegation from the touchline and a feeble looking starting XI that screamed one trick pony. Pitch got it wrong today as much as any of the boys who were out there in what became a frustrating day. Absolutely nothing went right

off you trot then. Ill poke you with a stick as and when i feel like it.
Nope. I am putting on you ignore. I am Debating with lots of people who disagree with me but you are blind to it. You just want a cunt off as always. Enjoy moaning about fans who criticise levy whilst turning a blind eye to spursdem saying offensive stuff. I didn't see it or else I'd have spoken up he says. Scared to poke him with a stick. Weak.

Difference is that I’ve read numerous, logical, balanced valid reasons for blaming Poch.

No one can really say why they don’t blame him though for the abysmal football.

“Spend more” just doesn’t cut it. There are no noises coming from the people who blame Levy.
Just 22 silent voters who can’t really explain why dropping Jan isn’t on the chairman.

People who claim Eriksen is our best player, and should never be dropped, but can’t tell us why they don’t blame Poch for dropping him.
Somehow Poch dropped them this season because we didn’t buy a player in the summer if 2018.

I think you know you’re lying to yourself
But you keep overlooking the fact of our record under the current ownership.
If 9 managers and 1 league cup doesn't suggest a deeper lying issue then nothing ever will.
If Poch ain't up to the job, what makes you so sure Levy's next appointment will be?
I'm not looking for an argument. I'm honestly interested in where you're blind faith in Levy finally getting the right man comes from.

I think he probably wanted a quality right back brought in to replace Trippier, instead of having to promote a rookie.
How long have you got????
whats market wages John?
apparently Van Dijk is on 125K a week. Less than Alderwiereld allegedly turned down 2 years ago (as reported on the BBC gossip pages yesterday) Football gossip: Neymar, Mustafi, Van Dijk, Sanchez, Dybala, Pjanic

has it crossed your mind that Pochettino thought Walker Peters and Foyth were up to the job, and therefor sanctioned Trippiers sale? After all, the greatest players in history were rookies at one point.

2 games in so not gonna lose my shit prematurely.

I've always thought of Poch as a massive over achiever given our budget, wage structure, Wembley factor etc. Unless that overachievement is rewarded with trophies and the complete trust from the board in terms of team investment, it will never be a long term state of affairs.

Last edited:
Nope. I am putting on you ignore. I am Debating with lots of people who disagree with me but you are blind to it. You just want a cunt off as always. Enjoy moaning about fans who criticise levy whilst turning a blind eye to spursdem saying offensive stuff. I didn't see it or else I'd have spoken up he says. Scared to poke him with a stick. Weak.
of you go then. i aint losing any sleep

Back
Top Bottom