What we talk about when we talk about Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
The reaction of club supporters in the immediate aftermath of his sacking was like nothing I’ve ever seen in sports (and is perhaps my biggest motivation for writing this piece). There was an outpouring of emotion across the world. I felt it, too.

Read article

"If this Tottenham team achieves success under Mourinho, it will be undeniable that Pochettino will share in some of the credit. "

Sammyspurs must be tearing his hair out.

I watched us play the best football from Spurs team in the 50 years I have been watching them.

We had a manager who you would actually like for a friend, who spoke of honour and loyalty and passion - and looked like it mattered.

To see some of the vociferous and obnoxious comments from some of the people who call themselves passionate supporters - and deride those of us who have seen too much change and liked what he served up - as happy clappers, as if it signalled a mental defect - was the saddest part of the whole affair.

I loved the guy, and I loved what he did to my Spurs team and I have no problem in saying that I am sad to see him go. I firmly believe that if he cleared out the cancerous dead wood - he would have turned things around.

And that would have made some of the insidious posters on here self combust, and that would have been my best reward.

Muchas gracias por todo lo que has hecho Mauricio, fue un privilegio tenerte aquí.

(apologies if its mangled Spanish - google translate!)

I watched us play the best football from Spurs team in the 50 years I have been watching them.

We had a manager who you would actually like for a friend, who spoke of honour and loyalty and passion - and looked like it mattered.

To see some of the vociferous and obnoxious comments from some of the people who call themselves passionate supporters - and deride those of us who have seen too much change and liked what he served up - as happy clappers, as if it signalled a mental defect - was the saddest part of the whole affair.

I loved the guy, and I loved what he did to my Spurs team and I have no problem in saying that I am sad to see him go. I firmly believe that if he cleared out the cancerous dead wood - he would have turned things around.

And that would have made some of the insidious posters on here self combust, and that would have been my best reward.

Muchas gracias por todo lo que has hecho Mauricio, fue un privilegio tenerte aquí.

(apologies if its mangled Spanish - google translate!)

He wasn't your friend, he was a manager, employed by the club to do a job, he did it because he was paid handsomely for it, at the end of the day the guy was talking up the Madrid job before the CL final, let's not pretend he was some sort of saint and truly cared about the football club just because he didn't act like a cunt in front of the press and was generally a nice guy.

We also hadn't changed manager in 5 years, that's an eternity for the modern game.

I also don't see how you can "like what he served up" in recent times either, before this season, yes, incredible football but this season was utterly atrocious football and expecting a full team rebuild because you think he would have "turned it around" is unrealistic and ridiculous, no evidence exists to suggest he could have.

This team is good enough to win things in its current form, believing that a manager who has never won a thing could rebuild an entire team and win things with it is reaching don't you think? Especially when he couldn't win something even during the peak of this team under him.

Seems to me you care more about proving others wrong than you do about the actual club itself.

Poch is gone, respect him for what he did, thank him for elevating the club to the level it is now and move on.

Back
Top Bottom