What was the turning point for you towards Poch?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahahaha you wanker

You're getting pushed back because you're a twat who constantly slags the club, players, manager.

You weren't right, you were wrong. Poch was amazing for us and it's sad how things have turned out.

Poch's gone, and will go on to other great things..... you're still here and will continue to be a whiney bitch annoying the fuck out of us all..... i'm sure you'll have plenty more bans to look forward to.

Go on I dare you repost where I have done that?

You're just a mindless happy clapper who put the interests of the manager above the club at every point.

And you’re still doing it even now - Poch was fantastic for us. The guy didn’t win a single thing and left the club in 14th place.

I don’t have to worry about bans anymore - you see it’s you in the minority now not me as I said time and time again would happen. I don’t even get yellows anyone - that’s what happens when reality catches up with fantasy.

Its not impossible to know when you have a manager that didn’t prioritise or show any regard for the domestic cup tournaments or the UEFA cup which represented our best opportunity for success. I had countless supporters level all sorts of vitriol at me for claiming this only for then the man to admit this himself. The scope for winning the league and CL was always going to be limited more so given the level of talent he had shown which was below that of the games best. It’s amazing that despite being proven right at every junction on him I’m sill getting push back from some supporters.

It was easy to let Poch slide about the domestic (Europa) cups because at the top everyone wanted and was focused on top 4

in retrospect, it was a big mistake because those were very winnable competitions.

Its not impossible to know when you have a manager that didn’t prioritise or show any regard for the domestic cup tournaments or the UEFA cup which represented our best opportunity for success. I had countless supporters level all sorts of vitriol at me for claiming this only for then the man to admit this himself. The scope for winning the league and CL was always going to be limited more so given the level of talent he had shown which was below that of the games best. It’s amazing that despite being proven right at every junction on him I’m sill getting push back from some supporters.

Knowing what a manager's priorities are does not mean that you, or anyone, can know what the outcome will be.
Did you bet everything you had on Pochettino winning nothing?
If not, why not if he knew you weren't going to lose?

Suspecting that something will happen when it is not a certainty and turning out to be correct does not mean you knew what the outcome would be from the start.
It just means your suspicion was right.

It was easy to let Poch slide about the domestic (Europa) cups because at the top everyone wanted and was focused on top 4

in retrospect, it was a big mistake because those were very winnable competitions.

The importance of the losses to Palace and Gent didn’t go unnoticed with me at the time. A painfully average United won both the FA cup and UEFA cup in those campaigns. The ludicrous notion that we had ‘higher priorities’ and that winning such tournaments was simply ego said it all. Whatever you may think of Jose you just know he won’t come out with any of this type of crap.

Knowing what a manager's priorities are does not mean that you, or anyone, can know what the outcome will be.
Did you bet everything you had on Pochettino winning nothing?
If not, why not if he knew you weren't going to lose?

Suspecting that something will happen when it is not a certainty and turning out to be correct does not mean you knew what the outcome would be from the start.
It just means your suspicion was right.

So a manager states that such tournaments are not a priority, calls winning them ego, loses to a bunch of average teams in those competitions but it wasn’t a pretty sure thing to claim ?right o.

I’m going to take a punt and say that you will never pull a supermodel- I can’t guarantee that of course but-on the balance of probabilities it’s a safe bet given they don’t tend to go for type of men who post on internet football message boards I would imagine

Still love him and will always regard him highly, but I knew his head was gone when he said that stuff before the CL final.

It was ridiculous.

What if he was forced to start Kane in the CL final that he knew was unfit and would be detrimental to winning the game?

So poch it was you coming in to my life like a wind and still have to hold all on a bad sal we as fans are gonna miss you but remmber this our love will just matter if you sing brother sad to see you go but new adventures and pay will no doubt rest asured we will always remember you and so it goes.

I was unhappy with the CL final. Biggest game in our history and he doesn't play Moura who got us there, plays Kane unfit, no change of tactics, no urgency, counterproductive subs, and stupid stupid press comments that i think ultimately confused and unsettled the players. Only way to be that bad in such a match is if the players are very discontent so for me that is where he reached a point of no return. Not that there had not been issues before that.

Then of course the Bayern result where for the first time the players gave up on him in public, that confirmed it was definitely all over.

After that i was surprised most fans did not see the writing on the wall.

So a manager states that such tournaments are not a priority, calls winning them ego, loses to a bunch of average teams in those competitions but it wasn’t a pretty sure thing to claim ?right o.

I’m going to take a punt and say that you will never pull a supermodel- I can’t guarantee that of course but-on the balance of probabilities it’s a safe bet given they don’t tend to go for type of men who post on internet football message boards I would imagine

At least you're using a bit of logic and talking about probabilities.

You weren't doing that before.

Its because in every post you put on here you appear to be a massive prick of a human being.
Just in case you were wondering.
You're welcome

That pre-season presser when he just wanted to scrap with every journalist in the room. When asked about Eric Lamela's form which was perfectly lined up for a positive comment and he just turned on the journo and started ranting.

Bayern and Brighton were the final nails but from that point, I just didn't think he wanted to be here.

For me, it was when he said in the presser the players needed to overcome the "Harry Kane team" mentality after Harry's first game back from injury last season. We drew that day if I rememer correctly. That was the first red flag for me.

The players played out their skin for months without Harry, we were still sitting 3rd despite the injuries, etc. Then as soon as Kane came back from injury he turned on the the players and complained about their mentality. He might have been right, but it clearly didn't have the effect he was hoping for on the team as our form dropped off a cliff after that, and never recovered from it. I feel like a lot of players lost a bit of confidence or motivation after that game but maybe I am reading into things too much here.

Then there are other odd comments like the one you mentioned, the constant flirting with other clubs during the summer, etc. The icing on the cake was when he said he would have left if we won the CL.

Last edited:

I'm going to take a punt and say that when you grow up you ain't pulling anything sweetcheeks.

No bloke would put up with a whiney little bitch like you

Ok sorry, please list me Poch's trophies (excluding the Audi Cup) and I will discuss them with you.

The sensational Poch - he won.... fuck all. For £6m a year. I could have won us fuck all for £600k a year!!

Think about that. I could have been manager over the same period and we'd have won exactly the same. NOTHING.

That said, perhaps I would have won the league the season Liverpool, Scum, City, Utd, Chelsea all didn't show up. None of them showed up and still Poch couldn't win it!!!

You know how much of a dick you sound..... Surely????

The fact he didn't deliver what he was supposed to. All good times but in football you either win or you don't. The rest is romantics

Except he did... For 4 years straight with the added bonus of some cup finals and semi finals too.... He also achieved his broader remit which was to deliver CL football for the new stadium.

He wasn't "supposed" to win a trophy.

Tangible growth on and off the pitch isn't "romantics".

So poch it was you coming in to my life like a wind and still have to hold all on a bad sal we as fans are gonna miss you but remmber this our love will just matter if you sing brother sad to see you go but new adventures and pay will no doubt rest asured we will always remember you and so it goes.

Is this poorly written guff meant to be funny in some way?

(It's incredibly tough to de-cypher a lot of the crap you write but this is right up there....)

You know how much of a dick you sound..... Surely????

That's a laughably weak response from you considering:

I'm not the one professing that I've got what it takes to be a premier league manager, you absolute tool.... Nor am I the one swanning around calling myself "Dark Lord".

After the Brighton loss. On one end appreciated his calmness about the poor run of form and on the other felt he should be angrily screaming at players. Just seemed like he didn’t care one way or the other. Champions league final comments seemed to start it all though.

Back
Top Bottom