What was the turning point for you towards Poch?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most of last season in the league we were poor. Well, mainly the latter half. If you took out the CL run then people would have been all over him then. His subs are always too late too. He'll probably still be trying to sub Moura on for the last 2 mins next game we play.

Theres also no doubt any other top manager who thought his team could win the prem wouldn't have Sissoko as a starter.

The 3-0 against Brighton was the point where I felt he had to go. I had hoped he would be able to turn things around but, from my experience, player motivation (or lack of it) is fatal and can only be resolved with a change in management. The Brighton match confirmed it for me.

When it was clear that Levy had no intention of acting, I did my best to keep morale up and started the "Let's Keep It Together" thread which based our hopes for the season on the assumptions that Poch would remain as our manager and that there would be no new signings in January. I felt that going into every match waiting for Poch to go and new players to come in would be devastating to the club's spirit so we just had to take everything at face value and adjust our expectations accordingly. This is the only time in my 30 years as a fan that I felt such intervention was necessary.

I still love him, still love what he did for us. But I definitely started questioning him more over the last season after we started looking clueless time after time when going behind or being caught up. And the "I might leave if we win the CL final" comment definitely hit me like stepping on a rusty nail.

But what he did for us and where he took us can never be taken away.

For I guy I genuinely admired and was desperate to succeed, to a guy that simply fizzled out. From the brightest, loudest firework to a damp squib.

It wasn't one thing, it was many and sadly he changed as a person. But his failings became greater and greater and in the last year or so he's had this little list

Chose to play passing football using a goalkeeper who wasn't in any way suited to that part of the game.

Failure to address problems with fullbacks.

Failure to deal with individual defensive errors. I've said it since last season Toby started dropping before the rest of the back four which created space for attackers behind our defence (check Bayern's first goal for example). We were caught out time and time again like that, but Poch never addressed it.

Playing players who constantly made it clear they wanted away.

Spending time trying to coax these players to change their minds rather than plan on life without them.

Adopted a defence that was far to narrow and allowed teams men over out wide/at the back post

Failure to adequately use a defensive midfielder.

Over reliance on certain players.

Lack of trust in certain players.

The 30 yard zone....quick incise football up to 30 yards from goal, then suddenly "crab" football. All due to a lack of movement off the ball, and the desire for everything to go through one person.

There are more, I got bored typing, but the charges against Poch were mounting up

Not one thing for me, slowly building up.

Staying with the diamond when it clearly didn't work.

Almost never a plan B

Bad and late substitutions. Not changing important players when in big leads running them down. Almost never a substitution that changed a game.

The strategy to keep young players near, not given them a loan deal and then not play them at all.

Not playing Lucas in the final.

The press conferences where more and more I was asking myself when I saw it if we were watching the same game.

He's I'm leaving if we win the CL

He's always sticking to favourites despite them being out of form.

The really bad transfers of Njie, Nkoudo, Janssen (I don't know how much this was Poch)

And so on.

My turning point was when he was no longer the Spurs manager...don't give two fucks now...loved the guy, he turned our club around...but now he's gone.

In a calendar year losing to

Burnley
Southampton
West Ham
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Colchester
Brighton

I still hoped against everything that he’d turn it around but those clubs are hardly an honour roll

Has been more of a long, drawn out process rather than one thing.

But I thought he should have gone after the Bayern or Brighton result- both performances were totally unacceptable.

Starting Kane instead of Moura was also a terrible decision and he really made a rod for his own back after that

I’m in the starting Kane instead of Lucas camp, but I had started to worry about him when he started to make substitutions that no-one could understand. Which was most of the time.
l’m gonna miss him, though.

After the Watford match (probably a day after) the radio was on at home Poch started to speak and unconsciously blurted out ‘oh shut up’
I knew that my relationship with Poch had hit the skids

No real turning point,but i haven't been happy since the final in June.
I will never forgive the lack of effort in the biggest game i have ever seen Spurs play in.Not that Poch can be blamed with that totally, but he did pick the team.

The guy was a stone cold loser. From the beginning you could see he had his favourites and when he didn't like a player he simply froze them out. He was no man manager.

He had the greatest chance ever to win the league and he blew it. Blew umpteen finals and semi finals. Had no plan when it was going wrong.

Most of HIS buys weren't that great. He doesn't know what to do with the players he does have.

Whilst we certainly improved at first, the last year or so has been terrible. We would have been in real danger of relegation if he wasn't sacked.

I've been saying Poch out for years. I said we'd never win anything under him. I always wanted Jose.

It's a curse to always be right, but I live with it.

Our time has come. Cometh the hour cometh the man. We have one of the best managers in the WORLD.

This is the big time.

No real turning point,but i haven't been happy since the final in June.
I will never forgive the lack of effort in the biggest game i have ever seen Spurs play in.Not that Poch can be blamed with that totally, but he did pick the team.

Always wondered where was the rousing half time speech that would have inspired the team to shed blood in order to at least pull a goal back.

For I guy I genuinely admired and was desperate to succeed, to a guy that simply fizzled out. From the brightest, loudest firework to a damp squib.

It wasn't one thing, it was many and sadly he changed as a person. But his failings became greater and greater and in the last year or so he's had this little list

Chose to play passing football using a goalkeeper who wasn't in any way suited to that part of the game.

Failure to address problems with fullbacks.

Failure to deal with individual defensive errors. I've said it since last season Toby started dropping before the rest of the back four which created space for attackers behind our defence (check Bayern's first goal for example). We were caught out time and time again like that, but Poch never addressed it.

Playing players who constantly made it clear they wanted away.

Spending time trying to coax these players to change their minds rather than plan on life without them.

Adopted a defence that was far to narrow and allowed teams men over out wide/at the back post

Failure to adequately use a defensive midfielder.

Over reliance on certain players.

Lack of trust in certain players.

The 30 yard zone....quick incise football up to 30 yards from goal, then suddenly "crab" football. All due to a lack of movement off the ball, and the desire for everything to go through one person.

There are more, I got bored typing, but the charges against Poch were mounting up

Fucking hell with all those faults it's amazing he lasted five minutes let alone five years!

FFS.

The guy was a stone cold loser. From the beginning you could see he had his favourites and when he didn't like a player he simply froze them out. He was no man manager.

He had the greatest chance ever to win the league and he blew it. Blew umpteen finals and semi finals. Had no plan when it was going wrong.

Most of HIS buys weren't that great. He doesn't know what to do with the players he does have.

Whilst we certainly improved at first, the last year or so has been terrible. We would have been in real danger of relegation if he wasn't sacked.

I've been saying Poch out for years. I said we'd never win anything under him. I always wanted Jose.

It's a curse to always be right, but I live with it.

Our time has come. Cometh the hour cometh the man. We have one of the best managers in the WORLD.

This is the big time.

Fuck off you piece of shit cunt. The only loser here is you.

:dembelefingers:

I assume you mean against Poch rather than towards him.

His comments about leaving just before the Champions League Final were totally unnecessary and counterproductive.

It then became clear that the players weren't playing for him and he'd lost the dressing room.

Then when I found out that he hadn't travelled back with the squad after the Champions League Final I thought it was completely unacceptable and reflected very badly on him.

I then saw that he could very well be the cause of many of the problems.

Last edited:
Fuck off you piece of shit cunt. The only loser here is you.

:dembelefingers:
Ok sorry, please list me Poch's trophies (excluding the Audi Cup) and I will discuss them with you.

The sensational Poch - he won.... fuck all. For £6m a year. I could have won us fuck all for £600k a year!!

Think about that. I could have been manager over the same period and we'd have won exactly the same. NOTHING.

That said, perhaps I would have won the league the season Liverpool, Scum, City, Utd, Chelsea all didn't show up. None of them showed up and still Poch couldn't win it!!!

Ok sorry, please list me Poch's trophies (excluding the Audi Cup) and I will discuss them with you.

The sensational Poch - he won.... fuck all. For £6m a year. I could have won us fuck all for £600k a year!!

Think about that. I could have been manager over the same period and we'd have won exactly the same. NOTHING.

That said, perhaps I would have won the league the season Liverpool, Scum, City, Utd, Chelsea all didn't show up. None of them showed up and still Poch couldn't win it!!!

:pochfacepalm:

You're a fucking idiot.

Back
Top Bottom