What was the turning point for you towards Poch?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Darnswim

The prodigal son. 🇦🇱🇺🇦🇦🇱🇺🇦🇦🇱🇺🇦
The question is generally aimed towards the Poch out camp. Now that it's over, what made you not want Poch anymore? For me personally, it had to be his stubborness of playing with that cursed diamond.

The manner in which we gave up against Bayern in the last 20 mins is when I thought that the players were no longer playing for him and that he wouldn't turn it around sadly

For me, West Ham at home last season. Just seemed to be utterly incapable of understanding what it meant to have that bunch of cunts shit on us in our new stadium, which we had to endure so much shit to get there.

I think when he opened up about potentially stepping away from Spurs after Champs league is when the rot started this season.

Very negative message to send to the players. Players responded with an awful effort for a manager they no longer trusted.

When Sammy riddled off a big list of failings. I'd been on the fence but it pushed me over. Coincided with the 2-7 week I think, the worst few days as I can recall for many a year. Was time for a change.

I had long standing doubts over the failure to get job done in crunch matches. I always felt when it really mattered, he was outwitted. For all the justified gripes about lack of investment, we had a strong enough starting XI in or around 2015/16 & 2016/17 to be winning silverware. Go back to 2015/16, leading 2-1 and a man up against Woolwich which would have put us top early March. Losing FA Cup semis to Chelsea and Man U when we seemed to have all the momentum and there were some bizarre selection decisions like Son as a full back/wing back and starting Vorm ahead of Hugo. Starting a clearly unfit Kane in Madrid was the beginning of the end.

Ultimately though it’s a results business and Brighton three days after Bayern made it glaringly obvious that he had run out of ideas as to how to turn our form around and get us out of the rut.

Hard to say really as it was more of a progressive failure as time went on.

I thought that his tactical decisions and treatment of certain players during the CL final was the beginning of the end imo but domestically things were going wrong long before then, however I had faith he could recover.

Truth is, the real nail in the coffin was the Bayern game, he should have been let go after that imo.

The UCL final to be honest. But I expected Poch and the players to pick up from that. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. His awful statements and the overall negativity made it feel like change was inevitable. I probably misspelled that, but I don't really care, not in the best of moods at the moment. Best we could hope for is a world class manager with experience picking sides up and getting results, I don't know if Levy and co. will be for it.

Although I didn’t turn on Poch last season, I said around March that if we failed to get top 4 then I’d like to see him leave. This season I was extremely positive at the start, I was very happy with the signings and despite a slow start I tried to stay positive “I’d like to see our team when Poch has his signings available”. The run around Bayern/Brighton/Watford was when I decided I wanted him gone, the Red Star game was great but I felt his stubbornness had cost us from seeing these performances more frequently, then he went ignored the match and went back to usual for the Liverpool game which confirmed he needed to go.

He literally bottled it in every single cup (semi)final we were in.

But the man simply lost the dressing room and that’s the end for every manager.

Back
Top Bottom