What Tottenham will we go back to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well Id expect the local workforce to explode over the next 14 months to get the build complete. That will help the local food shops and Friday evening pub take could increase.

Iam not sure the local pubs and food outlets will be coining it in when we return. The stadium seems designed to take all your match day pounds and a lot will be eating and drinking in the stadium. Let's face WHL bars were woefull and positively forced you to drink local and turn up with 5 mins to go.

We have to make a conscious effort to support the local businesses once spurs return or the stadium will swallow everything whole.
I agree,but for some the pub is as much of the match day experience as the game. So I still think the pubs that survive will see an upturn in fortunes.I think the match day only pubs* are the ones that will suffer/sell up. A business man with patience could make a few quid should they choose to invest in any of them.

*I know the Billy Nick is match day only,is the Two brewers as well?

Last edited:
Exactly. I use to get on with the geezer that ran the British Queen years ago. He told me then, that if it wasn't for the football, he would gone ages ago. I am going back 18-20 years. I doubt things have changed for the better.

I used to drink in the British Queen probably about 10 years ago, it's a strange place near the Garages. The Guy that used to run it was Roger? probably a different one to the one you knew?

PS - Are you going to sell your Butchers coats on Ebay??

I've heard a few people mention seeing a couple of 'Geezers' wearing them last sunday.. You'd get a few Bob for them as there are a few pictures going about..

I used to drink in the British Queen probably about 10 years ago, it's a strange place near the Garages. The Guy that used to run it was Roger? probably a different one to the one you knew?

PS - Are you going to sell your Butchers coats on Ebay??

I've heard a few people mention seeing a couple of 'Geezers' wearing them last sunday.. You'd get a few Bob for them as there are a few pictures going about..
Hahaha :)
I am trying to think up other excuses to wear it, definatly not selling.
I am talking about Eddie and his nephew who ran the BQ.
Was a cracking pub back in its day.
Another lost gem. When it was first rebuilt in the early 70s(I think) it was the players post match watering hole.

One thing that hasn't been discussed as much in this thread is gentrification and the positive and negative affects. With a fancy hotel and flats coming along with the stadium it could speed up the gentrification process which has started to happen a bit in Tottenham.

That might also affect businesses, some more able to take advantage than others so the dynamic of the area could begin to change.

One thing that hasn't been discussed as much in this thread is gentrification and the positive and negative affects. With a fancy hotel and flats coming along with the stadium it could speed up the gentrification process which has started to happen a bit in Tottenham.

That might also affect businesses, some more able to take advantage than others so the dynamic of the area could begin to change.
Pubs will have to change a bit, should Tottenham go the way of other areas.
They can still be pubs, but clean themselves up.
The Beehive is a good example of a pub that would fit in with new money in the area, but is still a pub.

Pavro Ocakbasi Restaurant - Tottenham - Turkish
I've always loved grabbing a beer and kebab here if I arrive early doors. The bloke who sits over the coal grill must lose 5kg every time he works.
Is that the really small one? Fantastic Chicken and lamb kebabs there.

Once went to a Turkish pretty much opposite the ground, looked normal when you went in, but it had a huge sit down restaurant at the back through some curtains. Can never remember the name, never been back, very good pre-match lunch.

I think it was on the corner, but I've never spotted it since. Maybe just an Efes induced dream.

Once went to a Turkish pretty much opposite the ground, looked normal when you went in, but it had a huge sit down restaurant at the back through some curtains. Can never remember the name, never been back, very good pre-match lunch.

I think it was on the corner, but I've never spotted it since. Maybe just an Efes induced dream.
Pavro is the best.

Again, how do you plan for it if you live on month to month profits? You seem to be saying that they make so much on match day that they can squirrel away thousands. I'm not so sure that's realistic.

First of all you write to the local council and ask for business rates reduction due to a material change in business - secondly you make your business as attractive as possible to the construction staff......I think there are going to be 3,000 people onsite

First of all you write to the local council and ask for business rates reduction due to a material change in business - secondly you make your business as attractive as possible to the construction staff......I think there are going to be 3,000 people onsite
You buy a dozen food-vans and position themselves around the ground advertise that half your profits will go to Spurs nominated charities give Levy a free cuppa and a steak sandwich everyday and you will be laughing!:levyeyes:

I wouldn't say really small but it's defo not big, it's opposite the north corner on the high road.

You're not on about the Turkish club on WHL are you? Never been in there but looks the sort of place 1) you need an Efes to brave and 2) could be a Tardis :)

I was thinking about this the other day.
I went down to the club shop one Friday evening and popped into the Bell & Hare for a swift one and there was one other chap in there. Not being from the area and not having been in there on a non match day before it looked really odd being so quiet and empty.

One positive I can think of is that if they all survive one season, then they'll have twice as many people coming into the area on match day from Aug '18.

But I reckon that's a pretty big if for some.

Tbh if they can't cope with Spurs moving out to Wembley they could easily sell up and make a killing. Like you say, once we move back in the revenue will jump to new heights for anyone that stays.

Back
Top Bottom