What the hell is going on behind the scenes in regards to contracts and our players?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So that's you calling other posters happy clappers for having a different opinion to you...

I never called anybody a happy clapper? Me telling other posters to stop calling other posters negative for having a different opinion doesn't mean I disagree with them it means I would rather they actually put forward an argument other than "You're a melt"

i kind of agree with this.

Poch needs to dial down training intensity if we're going to make it through the season.

Too many players have had too many fatigue related injuries.
It's probably more to do with no pre-season, loads of players going deep in WC, a couple of freak injuries (Dier) and then a chain reaction as we had to over play players as others were injured.

If we have the same this year I will change my opinion.

You're not showing concern though, you making up compete bullshit that has no basis in fact. There is zero evidence to suggest Jan absence was anything but squad rotation yet you've decided that it means there's shit going on behind the scenes with players and contracts.
Showing concern would be posting something like ' why no Jan today, anyone know the reason' but you went with 'what the hell is going on behind the scenes...' It's a purposely negative spin based on nothing.

I'm pretty new here so I don't have any history with anyone and try to give people a fair crack of the whip, but you stand out as someone that's very negative towards the club and it's quite sad really. You probably have some valid points and questions, but they get lost in the negative rubbish and posturing when someone disagrees with you.

Not showing concern? The entire premise of this fucking thread is me showing concern LOL, it's right there in the title "what the hell is going on behind the scenes in regards to contracts and our players" that's pretty clear.

I am not "making up" anything, I am giving my opinion WHICH COULD BE WRONG about what I believe was something very odd based on the the reasoning I have already given, numerous times across this thread.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest the POSSIBILITY that Jans absence was more than just rotation.

As I said before and will repeat AGAIN

- Jan has never been dropped unless it has involved injury in the entire time he has been at this club under Poch and even during rotation he has made the bench, that in itself is incredibly suspicious, even more so considering the amount of time he played preseason and how hyped he was on social media about playing the first game.

-Poch answering questions about his absence seemed disingenous and like he wasn't giving a straight answer (using Serge Aurier as an example of how we need to rotate to be fair to the squad and how he only puts players in who he thinks deserves the game time is a prime example of why I believe there is something more to this, unless of course they think Aurier would get in ahead of Verts.)

- All this happening after Eriksen and Toby contract issues, it having the same feeling of when Toby was dropped before for those issues and a week after Verts saying he wants to stay with the club and sign a new contract all are red flags for me..

I didn't need to ask that question though did I? Because I had already heard the reasoning from Poch about why he was left out and frankly I didn't believe it and neither did other spurs fans, hence why I created the thread to get a consensus, and if you look at the original post you will see many in agreement but by all means, continue to call me negative if it pleases you.

Negative posturing? I honestly sincerley fail to see how you can say me being concerned about us losing our players because of contracts being run down and one of best defenders being left out is "negative posturing" I have even said numerous times, very clearly, that I could be wrong but that isn't good enough.

I have absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with me, as a matter of fact they are most likely right in their assessment that I am wrong, I never once said otherwise, what I don't like however is people just throwing the word "negative" or "melt" around, that's not a disagreement, that's just people not liking the opinions they are reading and throwing a childish fit about it.

There have been plenty of disagreements with me in this thread which I have replied to and even said I think they are right, maybe if you go through and look instead of making assumptions about me you will see that, or maybe you don't care to and just want to cast judgement, that's your "fair crack of the whip" as you put it.

Not showing concern? The entire premise of this fucking thread is me showing concern LOL, it's right there in the title "what the hell is going on behind the scenes in regards to contracts and our players" that's pretty clear.

I am not "making up" anything, I am giving my opinion WHICH COULD BE WRONG about what I believe was something very odd based on the the reasoning I have already given, numerous times across this thread.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest the POSSIBILITY that Jans absence was more than just rotation.

As I said before and will repeat AGAIN

- Jan has never been dropped unless it has involved injury in the entire time he has been at this club under Poch and even during rotation he has made the bench, that in itself is incredibly suspicious, even more so considering the amount of time he played preseason and how hyped he was on social media about playing the first game.

-Poch answering questions about his absence seemed disingenous and like he wasn't giving a straight answer (using Serge Aurier as an example of how we need to rotate to be fair to the squad and how he only puts players in who he thinks deserves the game time is a prime example of why I believe there is something more to this, unless of course they think Aurier would get in ahead of Verts.)

- All this happening after Eriksen and Toby contract issues, it having the same feeling of when Toby was dropped before for those issues and a week after Verts saying he wants to stay with the club and sign a new contract all are red flags for me..

I didn't need to ask that question though did I? Because I had already heard the reasoning from Poch about why he was left out and frankly I didn't believe it and neither did other spurs fans, hence why I created the thread to get a consensus, and if you look at the original post you will see many in agreement but by all means, continue to call me negative if it pleases you.

Negative posturing? I honestly sincerley fail to see how you can say me being concerned about us losing our players because of contracts being run down and one of best defenders being left out is "negative posturing" I have even said numerous times, very clearly, that I could be wrong but that isn't good enough.

I have absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with me, as a matter of fact they are most likely right in their assessment that I am wrong, I never once said otherwise, what I don't like however is people just throwing the word "negative" or "melt" around, that's not a disagreement, that's just people not liking the opinions they are reading and throwing a childish fit about it.

There have been plenty of disagreements with me in this thread which I have replied to and even said I think they are right, maybe if you go through and look instead of making assumptions about me you will see that, or maybe you don't care to and just want to cast judgement, that's your "fair crack of the whip" as you put it.

Mate - honestly, calm down, stop defending. Step back, chill out, deep breath. Every long post you write is just making it worse - let it drop, move on, go with the flow.

:dierpochhug:

TFC are clearly following in the footsteps of the rest of the online media world - paying users to create click bait thread titles that don't deliver in order to get some of that sweet sweet banner ad money.

The injuries are as big if not a bigger concern.

Quite amazing how many we have had in the last 18 months.

Must be reasons beyond bad luck.

I like your posts, not the style that for me is way to negative but at least you will argue a position. This type of post however is where you just lose all credibility .... it would have taken you five minutes of research to show that your statement is not only wrong but plain dumb ... why?

Firstly we don't have a disproportionately high number of injuries, the teams that play the most games lose the most days through injury, that's just basic math. So you'd expect us to be near the top, when you look at last season we're fourth for days lost, pretty much exactly where statistics say we should be, not a hint of "Must be reasons beyond bad luck" just you not doing your homework before making a negative post:

Days lost to injury 2018/19

Man United – 1,392
Woolwich – 1,316
West Ham – 1,237
Tottenham – 1,140
Man City – 1,134
Bournemouth – 1,108
Cardiff – 1,075
Newcastle – 1,051
Huddersfield – 1,039

What stands out is just how fortunate Liverpool were with injuries, only 801 days lost to injury . it's almost certain that this "good luck" won't hold true for them again this season .....

If you are a "plant" to generate clicks, well congrats it's working .................

Last edited:
Someone needs their bumps felt

giphy.gif

Welcome to Meaningless Gif Time.

I like your posts, not the style that for me is way to negative but at least you will argue a position. This type of post however is where you just lose all credibility .... it would have taken you five minutes of research to show that your statement is not only wrong but plain dumb ... why?

Firstly we don't have a disproportionately high number of injuries, the teams that play the most games lose the most days through injury, that's just basic math. So you'd expect us to be near the top, when you look at last season we're fourth for days lost, pretty much exactly where statistics say we should be, not a hint of "Must be reasons beyond bad luck" just you not doing your homework before making a negative post:

Man United – 1,392
Woolwich – 1,316
West Ham – 1,237
Tottenham – 1,140
Man City – 1,134
Bournemouth – 1,108
Cardiff – 1,075
Newcastle – 1,051
Huddersfield – 1,039

What stands out is just how fortunate Liverpool were with injuries, only 801 days lost to injury . it's almost certain that this "good luck" won't hold true for them again this season .....

If you are a "plant" to generate clicks, well congrats it's working .................

Hey, Notabadsquad - You bin KOKIPEDIA'd, boy. BAM

There is no way back.

By the way, in case you hadn't realised, I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, but it won't stop me posting in a most insightful way.

Man United – 1,392
Woolwich – 1,316
West Ham – 1,237
Tottenham – 1,140
Man City – 1,134
Bournemouth – 1,108
Cardiff – 1,075
Newcastle – 1,051
Huddersfield – 1,039

Most of that was probably Ox

Man United – 1,392
Woolwich – 1,316
West Ham – 1,237
Tottenham – 1,140
Man City – 1,134
Bournemouth – 1,108
Cardiff – 1,075
Newcastle – 1,051
Huddersfield – 1,039

Hmmmm.....

Good set of stats and they tell some if not all of a story.

Our squad was short of numbers last season in terms of depth. I think most would agree.

We also went deep in the league cup and this stat would also need to break down who within the squad got injured as opposed to just number days.

For example us losing Kane, Alli and Vertonghen would be one thing, whereas losing 3 different players another.

But no surprise on Liverpool and already this season Alisson and you kind of suspect it will be followed by another one or two of their important players, such is the way these things go.

City are quite unique in being able to absorb injuries due to the density of quality within their squad.

Last edited:

Man United – 1,392
Woolwich – 1,316
West Ham – 1,237
Tottenham – 1,140
Man City – 1,134
Bournemouth – 1,108
Cardiff – 1,075
Newcastle – 1,051
Huddersfield – 1,039

Basic math?

And you get a vote in the UK? Jesus fucking Christ.

It always amazes me how people expect football managers to speak 100% truth in interviews / press conferences.

There is a lot to be said about keeping things behind closed doors.

Maybe Jan got caught drink driving Friday night. Maybe he got in a punch up on the training ground last week.
Or maybe it was football related.
Maybe he trained at 90% last week thinking his place in the team was a certainty.

We literally have no idea.

It’s Poch who gets paid the big money to make these big decisions.

3 points won. We move on.

Man United – 1,392
Woolwich – 1,316
West Ham – 1,237
Tottenham – 1,140
Man City – 1,134
Bournemouth – 1,108
Cardiff – 1,075
Newcastle – 1,051
Huddersfield – 1,039

To be fair, 96% of that West Ham number is Andy Carroll....

Hmmmm.....

Good set of stats and they tell some if not all of a story.

Our squad was short of numbers last season in terms of depth. I think most would agree.

We also went deep in the league cup and this stat would also need to break down who within the squad got injured as opposed to just number days.

For example us losing Kane, Alli and Vertonghen would be one thing, whereas losing 3 different players another.

But no surprise on Liverpool and already this season Alisson and you kind of suspect it will be followed by another one or two of their important players, such is the way these things go.

City are quite unique in being able to absorb injuries due to the density of quality within their squad.

Liverpool' s best 3 forwards and GK were at AFCON and like our WC 10 players last season only arrived back to start pre season a week or so before PL started, so expect problems for Liverpool with these 4 players.

However that's only 4 players who need rotating/resting which maybe difficult, but Spurs having 10 important players in that condition as on a whole different scale, so I don't feel that sorry for them as it's manageable even if not great for them

Back
Top Bottom