What is going on?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

josh_spurs

An OG from 2012
I have been a member of this forum since April 2012, back when we needed Wigan to get something at the Emirates, Chelsea UCL winners, NUFC-Ars / Us v Sunderland last day. We've endured some real shit and also had some highs (CL season)....

So why oh why when we are in this position with 8 games left have so many of us hit the wall?? You'd honestly think we are in Woolwich/United position the way fans are reacting. Ffs come on here we are potentially 8 games away from history or at worst a champions league spot.

There has been some dark days on this forum, the Sherwood era being one of the worst....let's not get on like those ones from nearby and let's sit back and realise where we are right now and how these runs ins won't come very often. We are second in the league with EIGHT games left. Embrace it

Nothing going on except those who are part of this forum enjoying the ride to glory. COYS

Some people just can't take the heat. It is a nervy time for us all, with every game comes with a pressure that none, well not many of us, have ever had to deal with. I'm 47 and despite 84/85, 86/87 & 89/90 records show we were 3rd I don't ever recall much title talk back then, I remember us still having an after glow of cup glory and believing another was obtainable but I was a kid and my views/feelings may vary from those older than me around this time but despite my almost daily day dream of us winning the League I don't ever recall me believing it was remotely possible.

Right now I feel like we are 1-0 up with five minutes to go in the FA Cup but we are sat deep, camped on the edge of our penalty box, with the oppo throwing caution to the wind and going for the win, sending their keeper up with every corner they win, but rather the feeling last for a loooong 5mins this feeling is going to last 2 and a half fucking months. It is compelling, exciting and terrifying all rolled into one. Some of us have already unrolled the comfort blanket and preparing the inevitable "we gave it out best shot", "we are a youngest team, we'll only get better" (this is me BTW) others are totally convinced we will win and if we don't we have missed a once in a lifetime shot at the title. Others are negative, they haven't changed, they are naturally this way but when under pressure this negativity is amplified.

Whatever camp you fit into the one thing we can all agree on is we support Spurs, so long as the pressure manifests itself in here and not at the ground(s) then I'll try and live with it. If our fans implode and start behaving like Woolwich fans at the stadium then that is they day we loose all hope at winning anything. We have had our warning, they way fans reacted after the Newcastle game was one of the most embarrassing things I have seen/heard, if we can avoid that then we still have a chance.

The higher we are, the further there is to fall... vertigo affects people in many different ways!
We just gotta overcome our fear of heights... AND ENJOY THE VIEW!

I have been a member of this forum since April 2012, back when we needed Wigan to get something at the Emirates, Chelsea UCL winners, NUFC-Ars / Us v Sunderland last day. We've endured some real shit and also had some highs (CL season)....

So why oh why when we are in this position with 8 games left have so many of us hit the wall?? You'd honestly think we are in Woolwich/United position the way fans are reacting. Ffs come on here we are potentially 8 games away from history or at worst a champions league spot.

There has been some dark days on this forum, the Sherwood era being one of the worst....let's not get on like those ones from nearby and let's sit back and realise where we are right now and how these runs ins won't come very often. We are second in the league with EIGHT games left. Embrace it
Because people are inherently idiots.

I'm fucking hyped! Couldn't be happier!

For a whole generation this is uncharted territory. They do not have the experience to deal with being this close. In the past we have had good, even some world class players.
We have not had a team since Birkinshaw.
We have not had a team that has had such a connection with the fans.
We have not had a team that does their jobs, that wins their battles.
We have not had a team with some many winners, and we certainly have not had a team with so many leaders.
We have not had a team that was 'our' team.
We have not had a team that improves year on year.
This is that team.
Whatever happens for the next and last 8 games, this is that team.

Back
Top Bottom