What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm from Spain and I'm a Tottenham supporter since 2008, since the era of Juande Ramos (I was only 12 years old). I've watched all the Tottenham games since then and Tottenham is my only one team. Neither Real Madrid nor FC Barcelona (I prefer Real Madrid). I have many Tottenham t-shirts and scarves, a key ring, a cup...

I had the opportunity to visit London in September and I was able to visit North London and Tottenham's new stadium from outside. I was really excited. I hope to be able to visit London soon and watch a Tottenham match in our new stadium.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Been vaguely following since 2001 after staying in London with a Spurs fan. Been watching religiously for the past 4 years. I wake up at 6 am to watch matches. Been to WHL and Wembley for matches. Flew to San Diego this summer for the AS Roma match. And still I’ve had people on Twitter comment that I can’t be a proper fan. ‍♀️

Been following Spurs for about 6 years, really started following closely the last 3 since I've been able to watch on TV. Made my first trip to London last August with my wife and saw us lose to Chavs. Fuckers. Can't wait to come back and see Spurs at the new WHL

Been a fan since about the age of 13-14. All my friends were either Dippers or United fans and I wanted to follow another team. Got attached to Spurs stuck to that, even if a bit casually at first with my interest in football as a whole going more casual. But picked it back up again once I moved out and I can count the amount of games I miss in a season on one hand

28 now so been about a decade give or take a couple of months.

Last edited:
Personally couldn’t care where Spurs fans are from. I see Spurs as a big family without borders. Why should someone from Manchester, Scotland, Sweden, or Illinois be considered less of a fan if they genuinely care about the club?

It’s not even the place of English Spurs fans to welcome others. If you’re Spurs, you’re Spurs. Doesn’t matter how or when the club hooked you in. What matters is that you continued following.

I’ve been a Chicago Bears fan since I was 12. One of my dreams is to go to Soldier Field. I’ve never set foot in Chicago, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love the team.

I guess the only caveat is if we’re someone’s favourite team, or favourite English team. I follow Barca and Genoa, and have done for almost as long as I’ve supported Spurs (28 years), but wouldn’t call myself a Barca or Genoa fan. I’m not; I’m a Spurs fan who also really likes Barca and Genoa.

I’ve been a Chicago Bears fan since I was 12. One of my dreams is to go to Soldier Field. I’ve never set foot in Chicago, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love the team.
Wonderful city in the summer, if you do go to a Bears game, try and make it early in the season. The winters are brutal.

Maybe you'll get lucky and the Bears will play at WHL. My dream is to spend a weekend at WHL and see Spurs dismantle Woolwich on Saturday, and the Giants beat the Cowboys on Sunday.

Wonderful city in the summer, if you do go to a Bears game, try and make it early in the season. The winters are brutal.

Maybe you'll get lucky and the Bears will play at WHL. My dream is to spend a weekend at WHL and see Spurs dismantle Woolwich on Saturday, and the Giants beat the Cowboys on Sunday.

I’m definitely planning on going to Chicago. How easy is it to get tickets? Always reading about fans flying to London expecting to see Spurs, then being surprised that the game is sold out.

I’m definitely planning on going to Chicago. How easy is it to get tickets? Always reading about fans flying to London expecting to see Spurs, then being surprised that the game is sold out.
It's much easier (though probably not cheaper) than getting Spurs tickets. I got a membership with Spurs for my wife and I for the year just to make sure we could get tickets through the club.

First, start with the team. I'm guessing most Bears games are sold out, so assuming that, you can always get NFL tickets on Stub Hub, or any of the secondary market sites, but the markup is incredible. 1) It's a team with a huge following and 2) they're good again. I just looked on ticketmaster and the nosebleed seats are about $200/each. Granted they're playing the Packers, but you won't find them much cheaper for any other game (especially since the Packers are terrible this year). Decent seats are going to cost about $300+ each. But...you can get them without having to pay for a membership etc. There may be waiting lists to buy direct from season ticket holders, you can try that through the team, but the easiest way to go about it is buy them on ticketmaster or the secondary market.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/chica...gclsrc=aw.ds&f_hybrid_map=true&ab=efeat6505v1

Oh, and flying into/out of Chicago O'Hare airport is a NIGHTMARE in the winter. One of the worst airports I've ever been to for delays.

Wherever I am in the world, I always get a little thrill of excitement when I see someone wearing a lilywhite shirt. I mutter 'yido' to myself no matter whether they would understand it or not. I've done it on the Hong Kong underground and I've done it in remote parts of Africa. Doesn't matter where you are from, you are my brother / sister!

I’m a SOUTH Korean Spurs supporter since 2005 when YP Lee joined the club. Since then I’ve been following almost all the matches. I think I do share all those values and rivalry Tottenham has. In Seoul I used to wake up in the middle of night to watch Spurs games live. I just came to London about a couple of months ago to study my master’s degree. I’m so excited that I can now actually go to Wembley to support my team. I will practice singing all the chants before I go. COYS!!

To be fair, your lot were over here shagging the women and taking all the money on a constant basis a few years back. It's only right some of you do the opposite.

That's true. There was raping. There was molesting. There was robbery. And we still got out as heroes. They are makings series and movies about us now. Adam Johnson tried the rape-thing, Not so fortunate. And in the end, we gave you Erik The Viking and Steffen Iversen. So we are even steven.

Back
Top Bottom