What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the whole, I couldn't care less, those of you who are on here talking all things Spurs prove your obsession and support just by being on here, you are no different than any other supporter. I've got a load of mates who are born and bred in Tottenham or within a couple of miles of the Stadium and have never been to a game (unless I've given them my ticket in the event that I can't go).

I do get a bit precious however about some of our supporters not born locally (so this could be those that live in England not just those outside of the country) trying to tell me that our rivalry with Woolwich is nothing and that they hate Liverpool (or whoever) more. In my eyes this means you haven't taken the time to understand our history, it means that you have no idea what it's like to have grown up side by side with kids at school, work colleagues etc that support them. I do get it that if you aren't exposed to the rivalry every day then it's almost impossible to feel the hate close up and it might be seen as manufactured or fake or whatever, there's not a lot you can do. But you will get a lot of respect if you take the time to acknowledge this rivalry and its history. The more you learn about it the more you can hate. You can't love if you can't hate. It's good to hate.

I also think that those of you that have become supporters haven't chosen us because we won the league or a cup, you are not glory hunters, big tick.
Good point about the rivalry, not having to suffer the pesky goons on a daily/weekly basis surely influences how the less local based fans see them. I've hated them ever since i became Spurs because it comes with the territory (and because loads of them are just cunts) but i lack the same adversity for Chelsea for example (mainly as i've rarely encountered the vileness that they bring). I do however know quite a lot of Pool fans and 95 % of them are thundercunts of the worst level. There's no arguing football with them, its not possible, they dont get the game, they never ever acknowledge the facts and live in the past. Even the Belgian scouse fans are like that, it's like there's a gene that can only be achieved by thorough inbreeding coupled with lifelong indoctrination that runs through all of their family lines

Back in 2014 me and my wife went to California on our honeymoon, and during our visit we watched a game vs Stoke City with the LA Spurs, who were all maga welcoming and all round lovely people.

After the game finished, at what was just before 9am (was a 7am kick off over there, and that was a 3pm UK time game!), we hung around for a few more hours and observed the Man Utd supporters group from LA come in to the bar to watch their game that was taking place afterwards, and got talking to a few other fans of various clubs that liked to hang out there.

One guy there was a Villa fan from Birmingham, who had been living over there for a few years, and we got talking about how into things the American fans were. He pointed out to me how they all knew a ridiculous amount about the history and stats about the team they chose to follow, and he put it down to them trying to overcompensate for not ever being in a position to actually go and watch their team, trying to impress the british ex pats over there who did used to go before they emigrated. Whilst I felt there was probably some truth in that, I also felt that it's probably down to the way US sports are so stats orientated, and that's how people follow sports over there.

Not entirely sure where I'm going with this, other than to say that, whilst they generally won't ever make it to a meaningful game in Europe, these people are hugely into Tottenham Hotspur and there's no doubting their passion. It's impossible, having spent a few hours in the company of a large group of foreign fans, to have anything but admiration for the dedication of these people to follow the games at stupid o'clock and get so in to supporting their team

I've posted this before:

Im a tourist. I live in Norway and go to a lot of games. Home and away. I show you respect by not shagging your women :pochsmirk:. I leave a lot of £ to your local breweries, I keep at least one junk food store running. So you better fancy us

I've posted this before:

Im a tourist. I live in Norway and go to a lot of games. Home and away. I show you respect by not shagging your women :pochsmirk:. I leave a lot of £ to your local breweries, I keep at least one junk food store running. So you better fancy us
that's just a nice way to say that British women are in general mingers :)

Many years ago i was with a man utd season ticket holder in Cyprus off season and we were trying to find the plot where he was having a holiday home built. It was in the middle of nowhere and we stopped and asked this old boy if he knew the place. ,My mate would always say 'i'm from manchester, you know, manchester united'. This old Cypriot chap scratched his beard then said 'fuck off, I'm Tottenham' in a London accent.

Many years ago i was with a man utd season ticket holder in Cyprus off season and we were trying to find the plot where he was having a holiday home built. It was in the middle of nowhere and we stopped and asked this old boy if he knew the place. ,My mate would always say 'i'm from manchester, you know, manchester united'. This old Cypriot chap scratched his beard then said 'fuck off, I'm Tottenham' in a London accent.
that was spooky spooky

I'm a foreign supporter. I attend more than most of the the english supporters, I invest more financially and emotionally than most english supporters. and I've met many like me from Sweden and such.

So basically unless you attend every match away I don't think you can look down at anyone.

p.s. though I do find American fans a tad annoying (in person not here)

Last edited:
that's just a nice way to say that British women are in general mingers :)
Come again, squire?

kate_beckinsale.jpg

I'm a foreign supporter. I attend more than most of the the english supporters, I invest more emotionally financially and emotionally than most english supporters. and I've met many like me from Sweden and such.

So basically unless you attend every match away I don't think you can look down at anyone.

p.s. though I do find American fans a tad annoying (in person not here)
But do you invest emotionally?

Back
Top Bottom