What chance do we have now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meant to be first refusal on players. I think Spurs have probably worked out you can buy them, let them settle in Europe (well, England), then sell them onto the continent (Italy, Spain) where most Brazilians prefer to play.

sounds like a good ploy, but first refusal doesn't mean much if a big club comes in and the player wants to play there.

What exactly does first refusal do? surely if the player is being sold for 10 mill, anyone can offer that and be accepted, and if the player knows what clubs are after him with tapping up, he knows he can pick and choose regardless of first refusal

Pretty much. I suppose it just means if Barcelona offer 20m then we get the opportunity to offer the same and speak to the player.

...and then he joins Barcelona.

Not the first time he's tried it either

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPqnV0wsiU[/youtube]

By all accounts he was shit against Argentina bar that moment of skill so maybe we shouldn't be too disappointed.

I'm making an assumption it's refusal but logically, it would have to work that way. I think originally it was an agreement that would see young Brazilian lads come over and training and play for Spurs yoof - again to get use to life across the Atlantic.

guess we'll find out in jan.

the guy looks the business though for sure and even though Barca are sniffing around surely they'll not be looking to splurge even more after cesc and sanchez aren't they supposed to be broke

could be wrong but I'm sure the president of Inter has put a €50m price tag on him. He's on everyone's radar at the moment so it's unlikely we'd offer the same price as another club in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom