What A Season That Was.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Onward and upward...3rd last year, 2nd this time around, we all know what should come next!
Relegation?

tumblr_lozdsb0bKx1qbnd1c.gif

Incredible season. Just getting better and better. We've had a lot of injuries too, more players have had time out this season than been injury free, but it hasn't affected us. We have a genuine team, and we've not had that before in my lifetime.

The best compliment I can give this team is that I expect to blow teams away now. Today did not come as a surprise at all. When it was 3-1 and 4-1 I wanted more to really be satisfied and so did the team.

What a team we have

We've been on the verge of giving someone a proper hiding all season.

I watch other teams like Chelsea and Leicester last season score with every single fucking shot they have........and then see us with 10-15 shots on target and keepers just about keeping the score line down to 2-3 goals........these last two games were always going to happen eventually, we've been dominating so many games.

Harry Kane scored 29 goals in 30 games and won the Golden Boot for the second successive season....our Harry Kane...I keep worrying that I'm going to wake up to discover it's all just been a dream...

BBC pundit predictions from start of the season.
Only Jenas got our finishing position right. (He was also the only pundit to predict correctly who the top four would be, even though he didn't quite get the order right). A lot of them didn't even think we'd get top four.
Premier League 2016-17: BBC Sport pundits pick their champions

So if that is anything to go on - which it isn't probably - then we've had an outstanding season.
Love Chrissie Waddle to put us first, hopefully that will come true next season :)

Here's the breakdown of 'points dropped' for this season. There are some very gettable points in this list which in encouraging for the coming season.

August
- 4 points dropped
Everton 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Liverpool

September - 0 points dropped

October - 6 points dropped
West Bromwich Albion 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Bournemouth 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Leicester City

November - 5 points dropped
Woolwich 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

December - 3 points dropped
Manchester United 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur

January - 4 points dropped
Manchester City 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur
Sunderland 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur

February - 3 points dropped
Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

March - 0 points dropped

April - 0 points dropped

May - 3 points dropped
West Ham United 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur

PxrqMg3.png

Last edited:
Agreed, the best most fantastic season in my lifetime, all 53 years of it. The best bit for me is the feeling that it is a work in progress and that the team will continue to grow and improve even more next season. I'm confident we will prosper at Wembley and not saying we will win the league but expect us to be in the mix, its gone be a nice but long summer and roll on next season COYS

For the first time in my life (and probably since the ealy 60s) I think we have a very real case to argue that we are currently the best team in Europe. Now I know we didn't win the league or make it out of the group stages of the CL, but our end of season form has been unbelievable. Can we win the CL next season? The pressure on the young team will probably be too much; but can we beat any team over two legs? I fear no one

For the first time in my life (and probably since the ealy 60s) I think we have a very real case to argue that we are currently the best team in Europe. Now I know we didn't win the league or make it out of the group stages of the CL, but our end of season form has been unbelievable. Can we win the CL next season? The pressure on the young team will probably be too much; but can we beat any team over two legs? I fear no one
Ok calm down, I know we have been brilliant but Juventus, Barca, Madrid and Bayern are on a level. You never know though I guess anything can happen.

Ok calm down, I know we have been brilliant but Juventus, Barca, Madrid and Bayern are on a level. You never know though I guess anything can happen.
No can do.

I think in the next few years Brazil's fans will start singing, 'It's just like watching the Spurs' (or whatever that is in Portugese).

:tobyarm:

Here's the breakdown of 'points dropped' for this season. There are some very gettable points in this list which in encouraging for the coming season.

August
- 4 points dropped
Everton 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Liverpool

September - 0 points dropped

October - 6 points dropped
West Bromwich Albion 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Bournemouth 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Leicester City

November - 5 points dropped
Woolwich 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

December - 3 points dropped
Manchester United 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur

January - 4 points dropped
Manchester City 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur
Sunderland 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur

February - 3 points dropped
Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

March - 0 points dropped

April - 0 points dropped

May - 3 points dropped
West Ham United 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur

PxrqMg3.png

You have to think that with all the big teams in Europe this time nobody's getting 93 points next season either. Heck, a repeat performance might even be enough...

Ok We didn't win anything but what an absolute fantastic season that was. Never have I seen such fantastic football.
We ended up with a GD of +60 and scored 86 goals. Let that sink in.
Harry Kane scored 29 goals in as many games, Son scored 21 and Dele 22. Has that ever happened before?
Only the 3rd team to score 7 away goals, the list goes on and on. We broke so many records.
This is definitely the best Spurs team i've seen in my lifetime and I just hope we can keep it together as who knows what they are capable of.
All that is left is to say a massive thank you to Mauricio Pochettino and his young side as you have given us some fantastic entertainment this season..
Truly amazing run, shame we didn't win anything as I think our form would have been enough for a league title in almost any season.
Onward and upward...3rd last year, 2nd this time around, we all know what should come next!

WE WON... RESPECT!
I know they don't give prizes out for it... but the whole mindset of Tottenham is changing, we're developing a winning mentality... and (to a lesser extent of importance) the opinion towards Tottenham is changing too.

I know the 'Media Bias' thread will run and run, but you only have to take one look at the back page of our old friends at The Sun today to know the balance is shifting... they're really laying into Terry & Wenger...
Whilst we've done nothing but set records and impress everyone all season... even the 'bottlers' attempt was quashed by the fact Chelsea won more games than they needed to... we only finished 3 off what our total for the run-in could've been... we'd still have been 4 points short! Plus the fact that not only did we not feel sorry for ourselves at the tail end of the season (like last year) and go on a dip in form, after the Title was gone, we actually played even more impressively, and set a couple more records for good measure!
Winning 6-1 and 7-1 in consecutive away games has not only never been done by us before, but i'd struggle to think of a club in the WORLD who has ever done that!

A truly Incredible end to an incredible season...

I don't know why people get so wound up about the media, let's face it we have in the past been bottlers. It's only by having more seasons like this that they'll change their minds and move on to other targets. In all walks of life you have to earn respect..... It's something that we're on the way to doing, you can see fans of other clubs are starting to respect us.

To all those who think we bottled it or fucked it up (biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard), to all those who say always the bride, to those who say that our great season means nothing because we didn't win anything, I will say this...

If you can't enjoy such a remarkable season then you might as well give up. And let's face it, a lot of you (<ahem> West Ham and Leicester...and no doubt other clubs) will never in the future have it as sweet as we do right now.

Back
Top Bottom