What A Season That Was.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would say out of my ten favourite moments supporting Spurs that at least 4 or 5 would be from this season. The last game at the Lane, the 2-0 over Woolwich to finish above them and that West Ham win were all awesome just to name a few. Plus you have beating Chelsea at the Lane, simply watching our football over the last few months and the wins against Swansea and Palace were pretty great (in case you haven't realised I love a late winner).

I don't know what next season will bring, but what a finale to the season, what a season, what a team.

You could sum it up at Swansea away, 1 down in the dying minutes and we won by two goals, it's not the fact we can score freely, there is a monumental determination in this Spurs team, there is no soft centre, no let up, no loss of quality and depth to deal with injuries, this is an excellent vintage of a team and whatever arguments about silverware or glory come up, the sheer work rate, creativity, control and ruthlessness is undeniable.

One major enhancement that has to be made this summer is Eriksen needs more work done on his hair, the weave needs strengthening, you could definitely see more baldness in the last 6 or 7 games

I have always loved being Tottenham but this season really has been extra sweet.

So so proud of what we have achieved and I think I might actually be in love with Pochettino.

When you have the Gross years to compare it with it's easy to see why it was so good. or even THAT season under AVB when we were losing by score lines similar to our last two result of this season..
To go a whole season undefeated at home is just unbelievable..

We'll be talking about this season for,a very long time.

Easy easy! You faltered a little when results weren't great, a while ago it was, nowhere near a full melt but you weren't happy
Oh please. I never called for Poch out. Just observed a few poor results and asked a few questions. No more, no less. You're being an arse. Should I shut up and listen to all those who told me we were winning the league?

DAXZqE6XYAEwR0_.jpg:large

Oh please. I never called for Poch out. Just observed a few poor results and asked a few questions. No more, no less. You're being an arse. Should I shut up and listen to all those who told me we were winning the league?

With you there I never saw us winning the league either, just had belief in what was going on, especially when there was bedlam in here after the Liverpool loss

Didn't mean anything to be accusatory, I am excited for the future, Poch will find a way to make Wembley work for us this summer going into next season

With you there I never saw us winning the league either, just had belief in what was going on, especially when there was bedlam in here after the Liverpool loss

Didn't mean anything to be accusatory, I am excited for the future, Poch will find a way to make Wembley work for us this summer going into next season
We are going in the right direction. Next year I think we will take time to get used to Wembley and end up fourth or third. However, if we keep keep the squad together, I think first year at NuLane we'll win the league. The players and the club though need to be as invested in "the project" as Poch is.

Fucking brilliant season.....we are light years ahead of schedule. Our top 4 targets have become title challenges overnight. Not winning it just yet is a non issue.

We are the most consistent team in terms of progression and we are learning to juggle Europe and the league, while evolving our formations and starting 11.

None of this 10th to 1st and 1st to 12th bollocks, or only doing well without Europe etc

We're the real deal, our progression is solid and markable and I have no doubt there will be silverwear of some kind next season.

COYS

Season over now and an immense sense of pride for what we've achieved - some regret over our CL performance and going out to the Chavs in the FA Cup but all in all probably the best season in my memory (I've been supporting Spurs since the late 60's.).

Everyone was saying we wouldn't finish top four again after last season yet we proved all the doubters wrong and that in the face of the the supposed messiahs with their millions in Manchester. To finish the season with 86 points and a goal difference that I can't really comprehend (compared to the past) makes it even more amazing. I think our net spend was lower than all the other big clubs which makes our achievement even more impressive.

Massively proud of all the players and especially Poch and his staff who deserve the highest praise. If we keep the core/key players together who knows what we can achieve next season.

Thanks you Spurs for a fantastic season and the bragging rights over Woolwich for the next few months - long overdue !

Fucking love this club, now lets go and make Wembley a fortress next season. COYS.

The best compliment I can give this team is that I expect to blow teams away now. Today did not come as a surprise at all. When it was 3-1 and 4-1 I wanted more to really be satisfied and so did the team.

What a team we have

Back
Top Bottom