What A Season That Was.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SouthStand Billy

🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓
Ok We didn't win anything but what an absolute fantastic season that was. Never have I seen such fantastic football.
We ended up with a GD of +60 and scored 86 goals. Let that sink in.

Harry Kane scored 29 goals in as many games, Son scored 21 and Dele 22. Has that ever happened before?
Only the 3rd team to score 7 away goals, the list goes on and on. We broke so many records.

This is definitely the best Spurs team i've seen in my lifetime and I just hope we can keep it together as who knows what they are capable of.

All that is left is to say a massive thank you to Mauricio Pochettino and his young side as you have given us some fantastic entertainment this season..

In the off chance that anyone from the club reads this, thank you for the best season in decades of following the the club. Thank you to the players, to Poch and to Levy. Thank you to the fans who got behind the club.

Onwards and upwards, melted and plastics be damned.

Last edited:
Truly amazing run, shame we didn't win anything as I think our form would have been enough for a league title in almost any season.

Onward and upward...3rd last year, 2nd this time around, we all know what should come next!

Highest goals scored (86)
Lowest goals conceded (26)
Highest goal difference (60)
Undefeated at home
and I think, 17 clean sheets is the most too.

Only 4 losses all season in the league.
:llorishowudoin:

That obviously provokes the retort of "and you still came second/won nothing" etc, but I don't care.
Proud of them all. Good things come to those who wait.

In the off chance that anyone from the club reads this, thank you for the next season in decades of following the he club. Thank you to the players, to Poch and to Levy. Thank you to the fans who got behind the club.

Onwards and upwards, melted and plastics be damned.

Told you we'd be alright with Poch didn't I!

He did what none of his predecessors did... within 2 weeks of joining, he met me, that's all it takes for success

COYS

Ok We didn't win anything but what an absolute fantastic season that was. Never have I seen such fantastic football.

Harry Kane scored 29 goals in as many games, Son scored 21 and Dele 22. Has that ever happened before?
Only the 3rd team to score 7 away goals, the list goes on and on. We broke so many records.

This is definitely the best Spurs team i've seen in my lifetime and I just hope we can keep it together as who knows what they are capable of.

All that is left is to say a massive thank you to Mauricio Pochettino and his young side as you have given us some fantastic entertainment this season..

Agreed amazing and Kane and Alli are 3-5 years from their prime as well. Amazing season, stunning football and for a club with limited money an incredible achievement.

It says a lot that the the closest teams Chelsea and City have spent around 1 billion net in money, take away all that outside gangster money and we would have won the league by probably 10 points. But that is what we are up against, we are the clean 100M runner, running against runners taking steroids. So if we do get a title in the future like Leicester last season it will be worth 10 paid for Chelsea titles.

Kudos is as important as titles, and although we didn't win it this year, every fan of every club and every pundit knows deep down that we're a darn good team, and ourselves and Chelsea are a class above everyone else. And they'll know that if it weren't for the extra European games and injuries the title could have gone either way.

That one bad spell around the time of Kane's first injury was ultimately the difference.

Kudos is as important as titles, and although we didn't win it this year, every fan of every club and every pundit knows deep down that we're a darn good team, and ourselves and Chelsea are a class above everyone else. And they'll know that if it weren't for the extra European games and injuries the title could have gone either way.

That one bad spell around the time of Kane's first injury was ultimately the difference.

Good thing is next season every 'big' team has European football.

Such an enjoyable season!

I don't think many would have seen us convincingly getting top 4 with the money spent elsewhere but Poch has shown what a truly world class manager he is.

If we keep the majority of these group together again next season you'd have to feel that a trophy is on the cards.

I genuinely wouldn't trade places with any other team at this precise moment in time. COYS!

Last edited:
Proud to be Spurs today. Little more injury luck and we'd be in it until the end. I'm not as negative as some about the Wembley move, I think that being there all season will be different than just midweek European matches. With some shrewd summer moves, we will be competing for the title again. Can't wait to see them in Nashville.

COYS

Yeah, but West Ham beat us 1-0...

So many wonderful things about this season

For me, the best thing was watching a squad of players that genuinely enjoys playing with each other.

There's something special happening here and I just hope the club can capitalize take that next step forward.

Back
Top Bottom