West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Straight in the back of the neck Baz. My mate said it looked like minced beef and onion. I had to chuck my coat away, and walked back to the van in an old Holsten away shirt in the snow. I’m well hard.

I’ve got that Holsten shirt in my collection somewhere along with that ‘Thomson’ holiday one plus an attic full of programmes that drive Mrs B mad!

Straight in the back of the neck Baz. My mate said it looked like minced beef and onion. I had to chuck my coat away, and walked back to the van in an old Holsten away shirt in the snow. I’m well hard.

A seagull once shat on me as I walked into a pub near Selhurst Park for Wimbledon away
Straight between my eyes in the pouring rain and I got loads of sympathy from my mates!!!

Still Ruel Fox got on to a volleyed cross from Teddy and headed us in front in final minute putting us top for a few days so not all bad
Remember on way back on tube we ran into a load of Goons on way back from Chelski

Absolute bedlam

Happy days

Utterly fcuking sickening that we lost this game.

It still rankles as a lost opportunity to not a very good side when we were 2 up and at home.

Just wrong.

Oh go away, I'm struggling to even remember who scored for us in the whatever it's called cup. Why would a genuine Spurs fan still be bothered about this when we're joint 2nd in the PL and have just taken 4 points off Real Madrid and qualified for the last 16 of the CL? Deserves a second yellow for bumping up this thread.

Utterly fcuking sickening that we lost this game.

It still rankles as a lost opportunity to not a very good side when we were 2 up and at home.

Just wrong.
That's how I felt at the time. But I'm over it now. Two wins in far more important games have consigned this game to history,.
Meaningless competition for B sides and small clubs

giphy.webp

You and your little array of fans lower the bar but you must feel pleased.

How is focussing on the biggest European trophy lowering the bar? Why do the majority of Utd fans want Pochettino as their manager? Why has Mourinho’s achievement in winning the Europa league and the coconut cup, done so little to satisfy their fans? Why do they all want to see Utd play like we do? - Because in today’s game they are seen as 2nd class tournaments. Pochettino is raising the bar - any idiot can see that. Do you honestly think Poch would be coveted by the great Manchester United if he’d finished 7th and won last years’s league cup?

You’re an idiot and your ‘little array of fans’ comment was puerile and unnecessary.

How is focussing on the biggest European trophy lowering the bar? Why do the majority of Utd fans want Pochettino as their manager? Why has Mourinho’s achievement in winning the Europa league and the coconut cup, done so little to satisfy their fans? Why do they all want to see Utd play like we do? - Because in today’s game they are seen as 2nd class tournaments. Pochettino is raising the bar - any idiot can see that. Do you honestly think Poch would be coveted by the great Manchester United if he’d finished 7th and won last years’s league cup?

You’re an idiot and your ‘little array of fans’ comment was puerile and unnecessary.
Always need perspective. I try to always walk in the other persons shoes and from Notsobadsquad perspective his bar is set quite high.
CGPa3.gif

No, by comparison to the comment my response was tame.

It is as though nobody or very few see the point being made.

We can beat the likes of Palace and Real Madrid and rightly celebrate.

We can also bemoan what was an avoidable loss. I say it still rankles and it does.

To not be able to accept my view because it does not sit comfortably is one thing.

To be incapable of articulating a point without trying to curry support and being offensive speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom