West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

STOP SPEAKING LIKE THAT, YOU'LL BE ACCUSED OF SUPPORTING CITY. YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE ANGRY THAT WE'RE OUT OF THE MOST POINTLESS CUP IN EXISTENCE WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN FIXTURE CONGESTION.

Seriously, if we won the league cup do you know what the media would say? "Now they need to go and do it on a bigger stage". Do you know what opposition fans would say? "It's not like it matters anyway".

I honestly find it baffling. Do you think City, United, Chelsea or Woolwich fans would be melting over going out of this shit cup? No, they won't shed a single tear as they compete and win far bigger things. So should we.

I think the reasoning behind that is because they win other things though. City, United, Chelsea and Woolwich have won 27 trophies between them since the last time we won a trophy. 3 of them the league, 2 the champions league and Europa league and all of them have won an FA Cup within that time too.

I would obviously much rather we won the league, competed in the CL, win the FA Cup etc but considering we haven't won a single trophy in that time, the league cup would be welcomed. It's not that we lost as said before, its more the players didn't seem to care. A loss should always hurt. Regardless of the competition.

I'm not suggesting its impossible to beat them in one off games. I think over the season or competition they have the players to be more consistent.

Here's what concerns me. We are not a lot better than last season and we won nothing. We're up against teams this season who are far better than last season and have won stuff. We need to at least keep pace. I fear we're not

We have more points in both EPL and CL than at this time last year....

STOP SPEAKING LIKE THAT, YOU'LL BE ACCUSED OF SUPPORTING CITY. YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE ANGRY THAT WE'RE OUT OF THE MOST POINTLESS CUP IN EXISTENCE WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN FIXTURE CONGESTION.

Seriously, if we won the league cup do you know what the media would say? "Now they need to go and do it on a bigger stage". Do you know what opposition fans would say? "It's not like it matters anyway".

I honestly find it baffling. Do you think City, United, Chelsea or Woolwich fans would be melting over going out of this shit cup? No, they won't shed a single tear as they compete and win far bigger things. So should we.

Mate I don't care to much about the cup. But I care alot about losing to West Ham especially at Wembley. My season ticket is next to the away fans and seeing the looks on there faces when they won was a fucking nightmare.

I think the reasoning behind that is because they win other things though. City, United, Chelsea and Woolwich have won 27 trophies between them since the last time we won a trophy. 3 of them the league, 2 the champions league and Europa league and all of them have won an FA Cup within that time too.

I would obviously much rather we won the league, competed in the CL, win the FA Cup etc but considering we haven't won a single trophy in that time, the league cup would be welcomed. It's not that we lost as said before, its more the players didn't seem to care. A loss should always hurt. Regardless of the competition.

Good post.

For me its about winning silverware. I wanna win a trophy again. The league cup is always your best shot at winning a trophy particularly when you got teams spending 3 and 400 million a season on players.

Good post.

For me its about winning silverware. I wanna win a trophy again. The league cup is always your best shot at winning a trophy particularly when you got teams spending 3 and 400 million a season on players.
Lets not bother with the league every year then, may as well rest players and save them for the league cup as its our best shot at any silverware.

Good post.

But the Carry On Cup doesn’t mean anything - it’s farcical. It’s in its death throes as a competition. Swerve imo. Can you imagine the piss taking if we’d won it this year?

Zero prestige.

Back
Top Bottom