West Brom VS Tottenham Hotspur 3.2.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Damn right!!
I'd have taken 4 points from the last 2 away games... Honestly, I thought the win and the draw might come the other way around, but hey, this will do!

Cracking result. West Brom have been immense at home this season so to get 3 points there is a god send. Now we can really push on. I think the Defoe injury will be a blessing in disguise, he has been off form recently and it will force us to play someone else. Any one else.

We have two proper strikers and you reckon one of them being injured is a blessing in disguise?
That's some fucking disguise! :adeninja:

Our last two transfer windows have been heavily criticized (some fair, some not) but it must be said we've made some great signings. Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, and Holtby (maybe being presumptuous but he certainly looks a player) are guys that can lead your team sheet for years to come. Plus, if Adebayor comes back to last year's form and Sigurdsson is still young. Overall, we've done good work IMO.

In regards to this year, we'll go as far as Bale takes us. When he plays like this we are a different team. However, he still has the tendency to disappear from time to time.

Good win I thought.

I'd only add we also signed Dempsey, who has made more than a bit of a difference against a certain club in Manchester this season. Seems to me we've had 2 good windows, even if we failed to sign the striker we all want. If we finish 4th with Ade in form, I wouldn't be shocked to see a striker brought in with the CL money. As for today, hard fought away win. I'll take that every day of the week.

Seriously wtf are you expecting?

Hardly anyone ever gets a result away from home in PL - we are going to finish 4th, only behind the three teams in the league with virtually unlimited resources.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, so if you aren't mildly content with it then you may as well give up.

Yes I hope we get 3rd or 4th, the competition isn't great. But apart from the great get out of jail performance against Man U, we've recently had QPR, Leeds and Norwich performances, and this one would have been similar probably if Popov had stayed on. Just worried that spurs are heading for their usual 2nd half of season decline even a bit early this year.

Still, good to get a 0-1 away win and extend the unbeaten run in the premier league. I'm also looking forward to the Lyon game, I think that might be entertaining.

I'd only add we also signed Dempsey, who has made more than a bit of a difference against a certain club in Manchester this season. Seems to me we've had 2 good windows, even if we failed to sign the striker we all want. If we finish 4th with Ade in form, I wouldn't be shocked to see a striker brought in with the CL money. As for today, hard fought away win. I'll take that every day of the week.

Don't get me wrong I love Dempsey I just don't think he's in the long term plans. Hope I'm wrong though.

Yes I hope we get 3rd or 4th, the competition isn't great. But apart from the great get out of jail performance against Man U, we've recently had QPR, Leeds and Norwich performances, and this one would have been similar probably if Popov had stayed on. Just worried that spurs are heading for their usual 2nd half of season decline even a bit early this year.

Still, good to get a 0-1 away win and extend the unbeaten run in the premier league. I'm also looking forward to the Lyon game, I think that might be entertaining.

As I said earlier, hardly anyone gets a result away from home in the PL.......

A draw away at QPR is all anyone gets now as they play with no attacking intent whatsoever on a tight, difficult pitch.

A draw at Norwich looks just about fine to me, Utd and the Scum both got turned over there.

Leeds was a cup match, their "cup final" so to speak........we looked (as the rest of the PL has) disinterested in winning.

Don't get me wrong I love Dempsey I just don't think he's in the long term plans. Hope I'm wrong though.

He's an older player, to be honest, so i don't think anyone thinks he is a long term answer. I was only saying he has made an impact for us this year, even if he has taken a bit to settle in. I think he's been an asset for us, regardless of future plans. So if we're talking about how we've done well in the past two windows, he should be included.

At one point Holtby lofted a diagonal ball to the edge of the area, brought back fond memories of VDV.

I thought the amount of tempting crosses that just sailed across the front of the goal and out the other side was simply scandalous.

Parker looks like he's not entirely in control of what he's doing. Though his enthusiasm went some way to making up for that.

The perfect game for Parker is when we are up and the opposition is down to 10.

I love the guy but his lack of speed and injury concerns seem to be hurting his confidence. I am totally behind him every game but he seems to be losing ground. Sandro injury was a huge blow. Finish top 4 with Sandro gone, quite an accomplishment.

As I said earlier, hardly anyone gets a result away from home in the PL.......

A draw away at QPR is all anyone gets now as they play with no attacking intent whatsoever on a tight, difficult pitch.

A draw at Norwich looks just about fine to me, Utd and the Scum both got turned over there.

Leeds was a cup match, their "cup final" so to speak........we looked (as the rest of the PL has) disinterested in winning.

yes, but our away form has made our season, so we really need our home form to improve if we are going to struggle away to the likes of QPR and Norwich. Just being realistic, we won 0-1 against 10 men, look what Andy Reid said on Radio 5:

"West Brom have not done too badly since the goal. I have been disappointed with Tottenham as they have just sat back, but you never know what can happen.
"West Brom are there for the taking but Spurs are just content to get men behind the ball."

after earlier saying:
"Gareth Bale cut inside on his tremendous left foot and gave Ben Foster no chance. That goal was just a matter of time.
"It is attack v defence at the moment. The stupidity of what Goran Popov did is that his team-mates are suffering against 11 strong Spurs players.
"I think Spurs will be two or three up very soon."

It would be nice for a spurs side to kill off a game more often, but at least we got rid of that curse of conceding goals and dropping points in the last few minutes (it's been the other way round)

Our passing today was very good ball to feet for a good 80% of the time limited them to chasing most of the time or balls over the top.
Yes the sending of made a difference but maybe not as major as it could have been and Popov was a stupid arse for getting sent off that way and Clattenburg I think had a great game let the game flow played good advantages.
Good win all round.

COYS

yes, but our away form has made our season, so we really need our home form to improve if we are going to struggle away to the likes of QPR and Norwich. Just being realistic, we won 0-1 against 10 men, look what Andy Reid said on Radio 5:

"West Brom have not done too badly since the goal. I have been disappointed with Tottenham as they have just sat back, but you never know what can happen.
"West Brom are there for the taking but Spurs are just content to get men behind the ball."

after earlier saying:
"Gareth Bale cut inside on his tremendous left foot and gave Ben Foster no chance. That goal was just a matter of time.
"It is attack v defence at the moment. The stupidity of what Goran Popov did is that his team-mates are suffering against 11 strong Spurs players.
"I think Spurs will be two or three up very soon."

It would be nice for a spurs side to kill off a game more often, but at least we got rid of that curse of conceding goals and dropping points in the last few minutes (it's been the other way round)

Who cares what Andy Reid has to say????

I do love this magical world where teams batter the opposition 5-0 every week........the reality is the nearly all games are won by fine margins.

Back
Top Bottom