We need someone to pick the lock

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ brick brick fans of what team?! dinamo who? He played for Schalke and was their undisputed nr 10 and layed on through ball after through ball for The Hunter... and younger parker?! wtf?

I have been watching him for Schalke and I could see what he was always trying to do in the half season he's had with us... Mark my words, he's better than Eriksen and Siggy and Lamela is primarily a winger so it's a moot question...

I think he was referring to Holtby saying himself that he sees himself more as a number 6 type role, slightly deeper back but still being very creative. Definitely not Parkeresque though.

"I can play various positions. I believe, the number six is the position for my future. Between six and ten, I feel best in central midfield."

I think he was referring to Holtby saying himself that he sees himself more as a number 6 type role, slightly deeper back but still being very creative. Definitely not Parkeresque though.

"I can play various positions. I believe, the number six is the position for my future. Between six and ten, I feel best in central midfield."
That's why the number classification of players is useless, tells you nothing really. If anything he'd be a Regista if he were to play deep, i.e. like Modric did for us. He is however, at the moment, a much better CAM than regista. Not that that matters much as we are likely to play 4-3-3 and have no designated CAM anyway. He'd play like he prefers to play, anywhere in the centre of the pitch. Starting attacks from the deep, supporting the wingers, linking up with the striker, and generally causing havoc by playing quick 1-2's/through balls to release players.

Back
Top Bottom