We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See the first law, the law that says if it's deliberate, it fucking wasn't deliberate. FFS!

Also, there is a huge difference from someone pointing to his own player and someone "making himself bigger". Can you not see the difference? If you can't GET BACK ON YOU BUS!

It doesn’t matter why he’s doing it, it makes him bigger.

And it’s not like everyone didn’t know the new directives is it. And what the fuck is he pointing at anyway?

It’s a fucking pen.

Hand ball has never just been “deliberate” or not for a long time anyway.

The problem with making it subjective is you then get massive inconsistency and people just as unhappy as refs give/don’t give different punishments for the same things.

And players can easily make themselves bigger using arms but make it look natural, when it’s not.

I don’t know how anyone can bitch too much about Sissoko’s; he’s stood there with his fucking arm straight out, everyone knows the score now. And it’s not like it took a wild ricochet off his knee or something, it hit his arm and body pretty much simultaneously- it’s not like the ball was diverted onto his arm randomly. And he’d been doing it all fucking season, because I’d mentioned it several times in match threads.
I'm not convinced that you know what you're talking about.

In any case, my point is that this year's rule change has not removed subjectivity or inconsistency. Instead it has added an extra level of inconsistency and subjectivity, PLUS a ridiculous time delay while the referee firstly listens to the VAR people, then goes to the touchline to review the incident, potentially adding up to 15 minutes onto each half.

The new rule is worse than the old rule because it doesn't eliminate mistakes, but it DOES ruin the flowing drama that makes football such a compelling sport.

And it’s not like everyone didn’t know the new directives is it. And what the fuck is he pointing at anyway?

It’s a fucking pen.
Is it bollocks. Do you think the ref gives that in the dipper penalty area. You really are a twat

Look at the Sterling's first goal against us Vs Man City. Alderweireld feels like has to put his hands behind his back, therefore can't jump properly and do little more than
stand there like a dummy. He actually ends up ducking under the ball. The Origi goal is similar. Defenders are being disadvantaged simply by having been born with appendages. They're increasingly acting like armless people when in their own boxes.

I'm glad we won't see such a farce in the PL next season. But CL games will become more of a lottery now and we'll have this tedious discussion after every round until UEFA admits it fucked up.

Last edited:

It’s a fucking pen.
FFS!! It WASN'T DELIBERATE. Pointing to your own player absolutely proves that it wasn't deliberate. There is a difference between making yourself "bigger" and giving out instructions. At no point is he trying to make his body bigger to block a shot.

I'm glad we won't see such a farce in the PL next season. But CL games will become more of a lottery now and we'll have this tedious discussion after every round until UEFA admits it fucked up.
I think it'll be especially harsh on underdog teams that play defensive against the elite sides.

Over 180 minutes of two legs, there will be enormous scope to just keep flicking the ball at defenders in their own box and screaming for VAR decisions while hoping a 'handball' took place somewhere. And come on, we all know how fucking whiney some European teams are, and how much UEFA likes to help Barça where possible.

As for the Sissoko handball incident, I'd say that our own FA coming out and saying that it wouldn't be given as a penalty this season tells you all you need to know.

FFS!! It WASN'T DELIBERATE. Pointing to your own player absolutely proves that it wasn't deliberate. There is a difference between making yourself "bigger" and giving out instructions. At no point is he trying to make his body bigger to block a shot.

So presumably if you want to block a cross with your arm all you have to do is pretend you are pointing to a team mate and you can get away with it? I don't doubt that Sissoko was genuinely just panicking at having to defend a cross 20 seconds after the kickoff and gesturing wildly to nobody in particular but it was asking to be punished. There's a reason defenders keep their arms down in the box, it seems like any kind of handball is being given now and Sissoko should have known better.

If there's an argument against the Sissoko handball it's that it hit his chest before his arm, not that there was nothing dodgy about his arm being raised.

It’s a fucking pen.

Having spotted his obsessive stalker in the crowd he was indicating to the Madrid police where to go to make the arrest.

So presumably if you want to block a cross with your arm all you have to do is pretend you are pointing to a team mate and you can get away with it? I don't doubt that Sissoko was genuinely just panicking at having to defend a cross 20 seconds after the kickoff and gesturing wildly to nobody in particular but it was asking to be punished. There's a reason defenders keep their arms down in the box, it seems like any kind of handball is being given now and Sissoko should have known better.

If there's an argument against the Sissoko handball it's that it hit his chest before his arm, not that there was nothing dodgy about his arm being raised.
Sorry mate, absolute nonsense. No defender has ever been instructed by any law in the game to keep your hands down. I've posted the laws as they stand above and one that says you have to keep your hands down simply doesn't exist.

Regarding the Sissoko handball, the law clearly states it has to be "deliberate". It also clearly states that if the ball comes off any other part of his body and goes onto his arm that this ISN't handball!! It wasn't hand ball.

Why are we still going on about the penalty incident anyway. Wwe were not going to win that match anyway. They were always going to score and we were never going to with the quality of attacking play we put up. Move on.

Read the fucking rule FFS. It does not have to be deliberate. And the reason he makes his shape bigger is fucking irrelevant, just that he did, and he did make his body bigger by stretching his arm out perpendicular to his fucking body.

Everyone knows this new rule is being applied, less conspicuous examples were given, in the fucking CL (like the one against PSG v ManU).

Sorry mate, absolute nonsense. No defender has ever been instructed by any law in the game to keep your hands down. I've posted the laws as they stand above and one that says you have to keep your hands down simply doesn't exist.

Regarding the Sissoko handball, the law clearly states it has to be "deliberate". It also clearly states that if the ball comes off any other part of his body and goes onto his arm that this ISN't handball!! It wasn't hand ball.

The law doesn't clearly state it has to be deliberate. It has been amended and I've posted the amendments and you know it.

Why are we still going on about the penalty incident anyway. Wwe were not going to win that match anyway. They were always going to score and we were never going to with the quality of attacking play we put up. Move on.

They never remotely looked like scoring. We did. The course of the match was completelty altered by the penalty.

I don't actually care about winning the CL anymore, it's basically become a game of craps. Just a case of who gets the role of the dice on the day, and it's only going to get worse with more stupid rules introduced, more opportunities for corruption and underhand payments to officials.

I just want to get as far in the CL as possible for the money. I only want to win it for the money. If we win it next season, I want all the players to get their dicks out and piss in to the trophy, then throw the piss all over the UEFA officials who present them with it. "That's for turning the beautiful game we invented into a crapshoot." They should say. "Cunts". And they should change the CL anthem to something more fitting like Lady Gaga's Poker Face.

All that effort put in by the players, all the adversities overcome, the fortunes people spent going to the game and then you give a fucking penalty from a ball kicked at someone's chest from 3 yards away and bounces on to his arm and you don't even review it? Joke of a tournament.

They never remotely looked like scoring. We did. The course of the match was completelty altered by the penalty.

I don't actually care about winning the CL anymore, it's basically become a game of craps. Just a case of who gets the role of the dice on the day, and it's only going to get worse with more stupid rules introduced, more opportunities for corruption and underhand payments to officials.

I just want to get as far in the CL as possible for the money. I only want to win it for the money. If we win it next season, I want all the players to get their dicks out and piss in to the trophy, then throw the piss all over the UEFA officials who present them with it. "That's for turning the beautiful game we invented into a crapshoot." They should say. "Cunts". And they should change the CL anthem to something more fitting like Lady Gaga's Poker Face.

All that effort put in by the players, all the adversities overcome, the fortunes people spent going to the game and then you give a fucking penalty from a ball kicked at someone's chest from 3 yards away and bounces on to his arm and you don't even review it? Joke of a tournament.

It didn’t bounce off his chest and then ricochet onto his arm though, it hits both pretty much simultaneously.

Much more damaging to us was his performance for the next 90 odd minutes, which consisted of mostly hiding from the ball and a lot more inane fucking pointing, which had fuck all to do with the ref.

It didn’t bounce off his chest and then ricochet onto his arm though, it hits both pretty much simultaneously.

Much more damaging to us was his performance for the next 90 odd minutes, which consisted of mostly hiding from the ball and a lot more inane fucking pointing, which had fuck all to do with the ref.
And here we have the DNA of your defence of the handball. It's not about whether it was or wasn't, it's about the fact it was Sissoko. You LOVE the fact that it was Sissoko.

Read the fucking rule FFS. It does not have to be deliberate. And the reason he makes his shape bigger is fucking irrelevant, just that he did, and he did make his body bigger by stretching his arm out perpendicular to his fucking body.

Everyone knows this new rule is being applied, less conspicuous examples were given, in the fucking CL (like the one against PSG v ManU).
The deliberate law still applies, it hasn't been removed.

Pointing to your player isn't a deliberate act of handball. He's making no attempt to make himself bigger, by blocking, he's literally instructing a player on their position. AGAIN, if you fail to understand the difference between actually making yourself bigger (this could also include jumping in front of the kicker like in a wall for example) and instructing another player, then your head is gone. No laws exist about a player having to keep his arms by his side. The ball came off his chest onto his arm, there is a law that clearly states if this happens then it is NOT handball.

The other handball you state are also furiously debated with the overwhelming majority of people stating that they weren't handballs, you could add Rose's against City in that list too. Whilst I completely believe that the PSG handball wasn't a handball, I see it MORE of a handball than Sissoko's, for the reason about making yourself bigger, the player jumped in the air, so there IS at least room for debate about him making an attempt to block the ball, which he clearly was trying to do. (Sissoko made NO such attempt).

Back
Top Bottom