We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminds me of the old joke, when a woman complained to her husband that he loved Tottenham more than her, to which he replied "I love Woolwich more than you".
I'm afraid that all my nearest and dearest would probably accuse me of loving Tottenham more than them (except for my mum).
I've had this issue with my girlfriend a bit... the way I attempt to placate her is to explain that my love for Tottenham and my love for her are two different types of love and therefore aren't comparable. One is a romantic, sexual attraction that makes me want to be with them constantly. And the other is my love for my girlfriend!

Last edited:
looks like we may have a fully fit squad to choose from....

so who misses out being in the 18 all together?
Are you basing that on the England squad or did you see that in the press? Are Kane and Winks fit now?

Last thing I heard about Kane was that he was hopeful and confident...... But that's probably him all the time.

looks like we may have a fully fit squad to choose from....

so who misses out being in the 18 all together?

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Trippier, Rose, Davies, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Lucas, Son, Lamela, Kane, Llorente

That's probably our strongest 18. Wanyama, Aurier, Foyth, Vorm, Skipp and Walker-Peters missing out.

It still feels like an abstract concept for me at the moment.

That final week before the final, though... holy fuck I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.
I'm away with my family that week as its half term...

To be honest, when we first booked it in summit like Jan/Feb, the thought of even coming back the day before WE were in the CL FINAL, was the last thing on my mind... :vertna::pochcmon:

I'd literally assumed I'd be back to watch two random teams playing out the final... and it don't get more RANDOM than SPURS in the Final... so maybe I KNEW all along?
:kanehand:

Now I think about it, a week away might be a pleasant distraction, cos I'm not going to be able to think about ANYTHING else!! :pochfacepalm::sonhmm:

What were the various percentages in each category? Cany find it. Cheers.
From an email the club sent:

This game is a UEFA governed event, as such the allocation and pricing structure is dictated by UEFA directly.

Our ticket allocation
for this fixture is 16,613.
Ticket prices are:
  • Category 1: £513 (£410 restricted view)
  • Category 2: £385 (£308 restricted view)
  • Category 3: £154 (£120 restricted view)
  • Category 4: £60
The above allocation is approximately broken down as 5% at Category 1, 21% at Category 2, 54% at Category 3 and 20% at Category 4. There are a small number of restricted view seats available in the top three categories. All of these tickets are charged at full adult price.

In addition to the above, we have also been allocated a further 300 Category 1 seats which will be used as part of the Club’s internal allocations to playing and coaching staff.​

And the ticket news web page currently lists categories 1, 2 and 4 as "very limited availability remaining", but no comment on category 3.

From an email the club sent:

This game is a UEFA governed event, as such the allocation and pricing structure is dictated by UEFA directly.

Our ticket allocation
for this fixture is 16,613.​

Ticket prices are:​
  • Category 1: £513 (£410 restricted view)
  • Category 2: £385 (£308 restricted view)
  • Category 3: £154 (£120 restricted view)
  • Category 4: £60

The above allocation is approximately broken down as 5% at Category 1, 21% at Category 2, 54% at Category 3 and 20% at Category 4. There are a small number of restricted view seats available in the top three categories. All of these tickets are charged at full adult price.

In addition to the above, we have also been allocated a further 300 Category 1 seats which will be used as part of the Club’s internal allocations to playing and coaching staff.​

And the ticket news web page currently lists categories 1, 2 and 4 as "very limited availability remaining", but no comment on category 3.

Thank you.

Why is there such a huge gap between the end of the season and the CL final?

Does Infantino need to get a holiday in to get the final refreshed? Or does this Nations League rubbish need to be fitted in?

They could have easily pulled it forward a week so allowing the lads to have an extra week off before pre-season (1 July?)

Does Infantino need to get a holiday in to get the final refreshed? Or does this Nations League rubbish need to be fitted in?

They could have easily pulled it forward a week so allowing the lads to have an extra week off before pre-season (1 July?)

Some leagues don't finish their domestic seasons until mid/late May. CL date is arranged months in advance.

Italian league final fixtures are Sun 26th for example.

Some leagues don't finish their domestic seasons until mid/late May. CL date is arranged months in advance.

I thought that was UEFA/FIFA's job. Ensure the leagues finish at roughly the same time to ensure players are not hanging around for weeks rather than resting in preparation for next season.

They manage to do this for the World Cup and Euros but not for the most important Club competition in the world? I'm sure the lads welcome the break but it will be the best part of a month before they play competively again.

La Liga are a week behind us. Their final games are this weekend, and their cup final is next weekend. And Serie A still have 2 weekends left. We just finish earlier than other major European leagues for some reason. Considering all the fixture congestion we have I don't see why the Premier League don't align with them.

The question should be more why did the Premier League start so unnecessarily early, straight after a World Cup? We could've had another week off, and still had 2 weeks to spare (1 week if the finalist is in the FA Cup Final) at the end of the season, which is exactly what La Liga did, with the final round of games taking place this weekend.

La Liga are a week behind us. Their final games are this weekend, and their cup final is next weekend. And Serie A still have 2 weekends left. We just finish earlier than other major European leagues for some reason. Considering all the fixture congestion we have I don't see why the Premier League don't align with them.

No winter break in the EPL, and the EPL know how popular the Xmas fixtures are with fans.

No winter break in the EPL, and the EPL know how popular the Xmas fixtures are with fans.
Yet we have a couple of full midweek rounds of fixtures... and when teams do well in multiple cups there can be real headaches in rescheduling the matches that get postponed. It wouldn't hurt to lengthen the season by a week to spread things out a little bit more, while still keeping the busy Xmas schedule.

Yet we have a couple of full midweek rounds of fixtures... and when teams do well in multiple cups there can be real headaches in rescheduling the matches that get postponed. It wouldn't hurt to lengthen the season by a week to spread things out a little bit more, while still keeping the busy Xmas schedule.
The reason we still get the congestion, despite no winter break, is because we have 2 domestic cup competitions, whereas Spain only have the Copa Del Rey.

Back
Top Bottom