We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would go for an attacking formation, this formation is the formation that Man City Used to beat them.

I feel comfortable with this team, best players except Trippier, we have no choice.

---------------------Lloris

---Trippier --Vert---Alder---Rose

---Alli -----Sissoko -----Erikkson---

------Moura-----Kane-----Son

It it against the rules to put an electric dog collar on Trippier that gives him an electric shock whenever he runs after a ball that's being cut in from the wing?

That's what gives me nightmares, Mane cutting into the middle - Trippier going with him and exposing the fuck out of our right side for Robertson to do what he wants. Surely... SURELY... after the games against City and Ajax he'd have learned not to take the bait?

No Aurier either. Trippier will start - the manager has confidence in him.

On an unconnected note, Brighton have just sacked Chrissie! These chairmen don't have a clue.

got them promotion, two seasons in the premiership. All on peanuts. Football can be harsh at times. I'm not convinced they will do any better.

They are a YoYo club, like Cardiff and Villa who will come up and go back down and come back up and go back down. Neither have the allure, volume of fans or financial backing to be a consistent threat.

There are a breed of managers who can roll their sleeves up and get things done who will have a season or two in both the Premier and the Championship with luck often deciding their fate.

Trippier? Aurier? Foyth? Being defenders, they all have the ability to let you down at vital moments, the poor souls. On balance, I'd go with Trippier because he crosses the ball into the box - and, if our recent finishing is anything to go by, we're going to need as many attempts on goal as we can get. Additionally, I think he knows he's got to prove himself. However, this time please don't ask him to mark someone at corners who's 7ft tall. If not Trippier, then Aurier. Foyth is good, but this occasion's too big for him at the moment.

Trippier is at the point where he costs us a goal every game he plays ,almost guaranteed and Aurier is always a mistake waiting to happen
It won't happen but i'd like to see KWP play

Trippier? Aurier? Foyth? Being defenders, they all have the ability to let you down at vital moments, the poor souls. On balance, I'd go with Trippier because he crosses the ball into the box - and, if our recent finishing is anything to go by, we're going to need as many attempts on goal as we can get. Additionally, I think he knows he's got to prove himself. However, this time please don't ask him to mark someone at corners who's 7ft tall. If not Trippier, then Aurier. Foyth is good, but this occasion's too big for him at the moment.

I couldn't believe it against Ajax. All it needed was a word from the touchline.

Call me old fashioned, but I think the FBs should be guarding a post each, not challenging for the cross. That's Kane/Llorente, Dele, Sissoko's, CBs job - the big guys.

I couldn't believe it against Ajax. All it needed was a word from the touchline.

Call me old fashioned, but I think the FBs should be guarding a post each, not challenging for the cross. That's Kane/Llorente, Dele, Sissoko's, CBs job - the big guys.
Exactly - I nearly posted that too, but didn't want to bang on for too long.

Currently in hospital on a morphine drip. Dozed off earlier and woke up convinced that it was the day after the final. Kane came on with 15 minutes left a scored a near post header with 5 minutes left to win it. Even now I am clearer in mind I can ‘see’ the goal as clear as day. Even the celebration he does a klinsmann dive near the corner flag before everyone piles on top of him. 2-1 to us. Tempted to visit the bookies for first time in my life if I get out of here before the final! It seems so real!!!

Get better soon mate, go easy on the morphine as well (speaking from experience)!

:pochsmirk:

Like it or not, Trippier played in the knockout phase and got us to this final. The team needs balance to compete properly with Liverpool which immediately rules out playing an inexperienced CB like Foyth in the RB position. KWP is not ready to start a game like this.

Aurier may well start but that stayed on the bench yesterday indicates that the manager does not believe in him. It's a straight fight between him and Trippier for the starting position over the next 3 weeks. I don't see anyone complaining about Rose potentially starting despite his many horrible errors, Trips has played with heart just like the rest of the lads and was important to our comeback against Ajax. He's done more to earn a start than a silly sausage like Aurier who has been a non-entity for months.

There is no ideal option at RB, all of the options have made many gaffes this season, but Trippier appears to still have the confidence of the manager and we should give him our confidence too.

Like it or not, Trippier played in the knockout phase and got us to this final. The team needs balance to compete properly with Liverpool which immediately rules out playing an inexperienced CB like Foyth in the RB position. KWP is not ready to start a game like this.

Aurier may well start but that stayed on the bench yesterday indicates that the manager does not believe in him. It's a straight fight between him and Trippier for the starting position over the next 3 weeks. I don't see anyone complaining about Rose potentially starting despite his many horrible errors, Trips has played with heart just like the rest of the lads and was important to our comeback against Ajax. He's done more to earn a start than a silly sausage like Aurier who has been a non-entity for months.

There is no ideal option at RB, all of the options have made many gaffes this season, but Trippier appears to still have the confidence of the manager and we should give him our confidence too.

Rose has been our most consistent player since about Christmas.

Never say die. Never gives up. Never shirks a challenge. Never worries about clattering/maiming the opposition! My kind of player.

It it against the rules to put an electric dog collar on Trippier that gives him an electric shock whenever he runs after a ball that's being cut in from the wing?

That's what gives me nightmares, Mane cutting into the middle - Trippier going with him and exposing the fuck out of our right side for Robertson to do what he wants. Surely... SURELY... after the games against City and Ajax he'd have learned not to take the bait?

He's nearly 29.....he's never going to learn now

Rose has been our most consistent player since about Christmas.

Never say die. Never gives up. Never shirks a challenge. Never worries about clattering/maiming the opposition! My kind of player.
Trippier gets destroyed by anyone with a tiny bit of pace and responsible for giving a goal or two away in almost every single match. Poch has to wake the fuck up and not start him. Would be stupid to give them a couple of goals when it is avoidable.

Trippier gets destroyed by anyone with a tiny bit of pace and responsible for giving a goal or two away in almost every single match. Poch has to wake the fuck up and not start him. Would be stupid to give them a couple of goals when it is avoidable.

I thought he was fine 2nd half against Ajax. He has it in him to play well. Doesn't do it often enough these days.

However there's no-one else. Surely not Aurier or a 21 year old CB?

RAWK - We’re a plastic club apparently.

“On the contrary, maybe they have been punching above their weight so what?, but they have won fuck all for how long? in terms of them being plastics to me they are, ok no oil state or whatever but they are a plastic club, from the plastic flags on their 1st champions league campaign, to their 1 hit wonder (top 4's their everything).

Media darlings due to their geographical location, good manager, yes, good players , yes, good side , yes but they are still a bunch of plastics that do not even register with our great club. So the plastic piece isn't exclusive to Chelsea & City, it runs deeper and this lot are plastics as anything.

A decent side but lets get some perspective. My main point being was anybody backing us when we had the cancers in charge expecting to compete with Cheslea and mancs? No they didn't, even our own fan base was ignorant to it in terms of their expectations of teh team and manager.”

Plastic? What kind of plastic thick cunt would pick Spurs? LOOOOOL

Apparently every single team we knocked out are better than us too....

Back
Top Bottom