We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doing a job today which included Tony Gale we (the group) began talking about how modern offside and handball rules are.
One sites the Sissoko handball as absurd up pops Gale with a comment ‘the decision was fine it’s just Spurs players are right morons’
No doubt the meeting went into freefall as I couldn’t stop myself spewing out everything I direct to the worst of West Ham. Tosser

I'm actually more pissed off with individual performances from our own players than the result.

For me it's difficult to even think about the game, of course you can win or lose but our players never left the dressing room. Maybe making such a bad mistake after 20 seconds drained their confidence away but after coming back from 3-0 down in the semi they should have had the belief that it was possible. Hard to believe that the same team that sweat blood against City and Ajax and achieved a miracle could go down so limply, but maybe that sums us up.

It was the biggest game of their careers and the history of the club and they all let themselves down. I think it took 70+ minutes before we had a shot on target, we still can't deal with real pressure to win. For me the performance was very eye-opening as to how far away we are from winning a trophy, Liverpool produced the worst CL final performance I have ever seen and it was still enough to beat us. For the entire match they let us have the ball and we couldn't lay a glove on them. I know it was tough to take that early penalty but it was just one goal, with way Liverpool were playing I just don't understand why we didn't believe. They were asking for it.

I'm still annoyed by it all, to the point of pulling a face at any scouser shirts I may espy (I really want to spit, but that's not very ladylike!).
It's going to take a while to get over it, but a substantial win against them will help a lot.

What pissed me off and still does(it ain't going away) was the fact the scousers weren't that good either.20% more effort/fight from most of our players and it could of all been so different...

Last edited:
What pissed me off and still does(it ain't going away) was the fact the scousers were that good either.20% more effort/fight from most of our players and it could of all been so different...

Liverpool were terrible too. It is weird I haven't had any stick from my Liverpool mates since the day after the game. I think they know they got away with one on the day.

EPL was always top of my list anyway. :adestare:

I bet if the dippers were honest, they'd say the same too.....

Seen loads of finals like this. Two nervy teams, the heat, etc. Not many teams play well when they win a final. It's normally like that- settled by one piece of brilliance, madness, or bad luck. Also Liverpool's defence is one of the best in Europe, but we were shite in the final third.

IMO difficult to tell if it was those factors or our players 'bottling it'. I'd hope the former, though I remember looking up at the big screen before kick off and Hugo looked terrified!

I was at the game, finally watched the whole thing again yesterday. How the fuck you reckon Sissoko and Rose were better than Trippier in that game is anyone's guess.

Outside of the two CB's - who lets face it, had fuck all to do really - Trippier was probably the only player who offered anything like what his remit is. Was defensively good, saw more more ball than anyone bar the CB's, played a couple of our only 2/3 incisive passes. Winks was OK/meh. Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Son were varying degrees of fucking meh, Rose offered fuck all all game until the last 10 minutes and lost the ball more than anyone on that pitch, and Sissoko spent 85 minutes shitting himself and pointing at random tourist sites of Madrid, one of which cost us a goal.

Trippier is a weak link
No positional sense whatsoever

Deal with it without having a go at Sissoko ffs
Really getting boring now

Sooner Tripps fucks off to Juve the better

Trippier is a weak link
No positional sense whatsoever

Deal with it without having a go at Sissoko ffs
Really getting boring now

Sooner Tripps fucks off to Juve the better

What’s really fucking boring is your biased Sissoko FC bullshit.

Sissoko is a weak link who cost us much more in this final than Trippier did. And not just his stupid fucking penalty, all he did all game was fucking hide and point. Unlike Trippier.

If you think Sissoko was better than Trippier was in this game then you either didn’t watch it or are totally incapable of objective honesty. You are just peddling your cliched narrative. And it’s fucking tedious.

Sissoko did fuck all except hide and fucking point. I’ve even posted evidence of it in the Sissoko thread.

Interesting that one of Europe’s best teams is interested in Trippier, we haven’t been able to give Sissoko away for the last 4 fucking windows, even to China. Wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom