We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barca haven't lost at home since May 2013

Since then - they have won 25 and drawn 2

Would love to believe, but I think we blew this when we lost to Inter having dominated for 89 minutes. For me both Barca games were for prestige only - we were never winning those - could have had a draw at Wembley if we didn't have Eriksen and Dele out

In the Champions League I take it?

Betis beat them 3-4 at the Nou Camp just 2 weeks ago. If they can put 4 against them, I'd like our odds

In the Champions League I take it?

Betis beat them 3-4 at the Nou Camp just 2 weeks ago. If they can put 4 against them, I'd like our odds
Yes CL only - unless you think they've only played 27 home games in the last 5 years in all completions

Yes CL only - unless you think they've only played 27 home games in the last 5 years in all completions

To be fair, I only read the haven't lost at home part. It's a good record in this competition.

I guess what we've got going for us is that theyve qualified and likely to rest players for our fixture whilst we will be fighting for our lives.

Won't be easy. Nothing ever is in this competition but we've shut people up before.

Barca haven't lost at home since May 2013

Since then - they have won 25 and drawn 2

Would love to believe, but I think we blew this when we lost to Inter having dominated for 89 minutes. For me both Barca games were for prestige only - we were never winning those - could have had a draw at Wembley if we didn't have Eriksen and Dele out

I much rather beat the Scum in the Europa final - even if we make the R16 - we're never winning the CL

We have shown that on our day we can be a match for the best in Europe and if we were to beat Barca and get through this group from the position we were in there is no reason why we couldn't go all the way! A decent run to the final and then anything can happen!

If we were to win this we would probably have a better chance of winning the CL than the league.

If we could only win one out of the goons and this who would you guys pick?

We have shown that on our day we can be a match for the best in Europe and if we were to beat Barca and get through this group from the position we were in there is no reason why we couldn't go all the way! A decent run to the final and then anything can happen!

If we were to win this we would probably have a better chance of winning the CL than the league.

If we could only win one out of the goons and this who would you guys pick?
We have a much higher probability of making the EL final than the CL final - not sure that is even an argument.

Even if we somehow beat Barca we would draw a 1st place finisher in R16 - so one of Atletico Madrid, PSG, Porto, Bayern M, Real or Juve. Assuming we draw the weakest on paper (Porto) (17% chance) - from there on it's only quality opponents.

Much shitter teams than us have won the Europa in the last decade alone whereas the last time a second tier club won the CL was 2004 and 1991 for a proper surprise so let's be real. Would be a massive prestige for this team and Poche to give it a serious go and claim a major European trophy. Sorry, I just think we have no chance of the CL - it's just a revenue generator and has been since the new format.

Last edited:
Game difficult but not impossible. The Barcelona is a great team but is in trouble in the Liga and already qualified in CL so something will have to leave on the way.

the last time a second tier club won the CL was 2004 and 1991 for a proper surprise so let's be real.
What about Liverpool and Chelsea winning it? We are better than the Chelsea side that won it. And, off the top of my head it's not easy to remember much about Liverpool's team that won it in 2005, but they finished 5th in the league and lost 14 league games (only six points above us that season, incidentally). I don't see why those teams should be considered first tier and not us this season. I'd say it's more accurate to say that both those two seasons a second tier club won it, as well as Liverpool getting to the final last year. It's a knockout competition and anything is possible. However, if we can't beat Barca's reserves then we don't deserve to win it.

What about Liverpool and Chelsea winning it? We are better than the Chelsea side that won it. And, off the top of my head it's not easy to remember much about Liverpool's team that won it in 2005, but they finished 5th in the league and lost 14 league games (only six points above us that season, incidentally). I don't see why those teams should be considered first tier and not us this season. I'd say it's more accurate to say that both those two seasons a second tier club won it, as well as Liverpool getting to the final last year. It's a knockout competition and anything is possible. However, if we can't beat Barca's reserves then we don't deserve to win it.
Get that man a pint

Back
Top Bottom