We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been holding off but watching it again now. Ajax players looked very relaxed at the start, almost a tad cocky.

Anyway, time for KO!

:pochsmirk:

I haven't rewatched it, but I did notice first time the Ajax players ignoring Eriksen in the tunnel. In general, as much as I respected the friendship and their philosophy, I did feel their fans, players, and club were extremely arrogant before the tie and during it. I feel this worked to our advantage second half.

I haven't rewatched it, but I did notice first time the Ajax players ignoring Eriksen in the tunnel. In general, as much as I respected the friendship and their philosophy, I did feel their fans, players, and club were extremely arrogant before the tie and during it. I feel this worked to our advantage second half.

I can't say I blame them but they were acting as if the game was over at HT.

We actually stated well first 10-15 mins. There were signs we could hurt them but they in turn always looked dangerous when they attacked us.

Fucking 'Fletch' and his pointless bloody stats!

He's such a boring and bland commentator, incapable of the sort poetry Davies could come out with nor the school boy glee of Motson at his best.

Last edited:
I can't say I blame them but they were acting as if the game was over at HT.

We actually stated well first 10-15 mins. There were signs we could hurt them but they in turn always looked dangerous when they attacked us.

Yes, I don't blame them, but it did inspire a bit of me to love it if we beat them lol.

Poch said himself he genuinely believed the first half was unfair and was relaxed in the changing room at half time. Personally, I felt deep down we knew we hadn't shown our best, and if we did turn up, it would surprise them. It was just a great second half, but combined with the rest of the tie, we still deserved to go through, whether we scored in the 85th minute or 95th minute.

Part of the reason for this is we tried to defend in the first leg and made a mess of it tactically. However, in the second leg they could not handle us at all defensively speaking. In general it was a great game of football.

People may question why Pochettino didn't just go for it at home, but I actually blame him for not defending better as 0-0 is the aim of the game with the away goals rule. You want a low scoring game at home and if anything we had too many strikers and not enough defensive midfielders. He actually got it spot on strategically in trying to defend even if we didn't implement it properly across the light midfield.

Second half in Amsterdam he was spot on.

As @joeclash says you were a fucking disgrace on here all night long. watch the game again all the way through and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it may have seemed...but you gotta keep the faith and be a true fan. None of this bullshit melting in a game...if they deserve it at full time then fair enough but all the way through? Makes you out to be a bit of a cunt. So next time, fuck the fuck off....spunk trumpet.

pipes gotta love a random disagree...he's a melt and it's fucking tiresome...so wind your fucking neck in and have the cojones to say why you disagree....cockwomble

tumblr_pr7tr8WocS1taqf28_540.jpg

Lucas just pulled one back, classic counter-attack.

I must confess I cheered it but I still didn't believe. A few minutes later though....

Sissoko giving away a free kick opened the game up for us. They crazily put a lot of men forward and left themselves open for the counter attack, which was perfectly executed. We had a vice like grip on the game for the next few minutes and the equaliser was inevitable. Just a beautiful sequence of football.

Sissoko giving away a free kick opened the game up for us. They crazily put a lot of men forward and left themselves open for the counter attack, which was perfectly executed. We had a vice like grip on the game for the next few minutes and the equaliser was inevitable. Just a beautiful sequence of football.

There was also another potential breakaway when Son was in but Dele's pass was cut out by De Ligt.

Back
Top Bottom