We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Aurier returns and Jan's OK we could field virtually the same team that turned over Dortmund. (Except for Winks)

Lloris

Foyth Sanchez Toby

Aurier Sissoko Dele Vertonghen

Eriksen Son Lucas

That wouldn't be my choice as I'd rather a back 4 but it certainly looks a tasty prospect.

With a back 4 we could line up

Lloris
Aurier Toby Vertonghen Rose
Dier Sissoko
Dele Eriksen Lucas
Son

I think either of those has a couple of goals in them.

A 0-1 is a pain, especially as I, and a few others woulda been happy with a tight 0-0... but that said, We were ALWAYS gonna need to score in the 2nd leg... nothing's changed.

We just need 2 is all! :sonhmm::sonlol:
They can even afford to score if that happens! :llorishuh:

I think 3 at the back is a bad idea, the first leg showed that..

Lloris,

Aurier*, Toby, Verts**, Rose

Sissoko, Dier

Moura, Alli, Eriksen

Son

* Tripps if Aurier not ready
** Sanchez if Jan not ready

I think we will win over there, I saw enough in the first game to suggest Son can do damage. Two or three times we got behind them only to turn back as there was no out ball.

Concern is conceding though.

ss.png

Perhaps Aurier instead of Foyth, Trippier (+ Wanyama + Llorente) shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI.

Remains to be seen if we do, but no doubt in mind that we're capable.

COYS!!!!

If we get the first goal this tie swings slightly back in our favor.....mentality we need to be prepared, we need to be smart, for large periods of this game Ajax will dominate, so we need to be patient and not think we have to win this match in the first 20mins.......

Hopefully no more back 3/5 bullshit.

I like it when we've got the ball, but not when we're defending. I know, I'm going back now, to what was a different team, with Dembele at his peak, but in the 16/17 season, I liked the way, when we had the ball, that Dier would drop back in between the centre backs and the fullbacks were pushed forward. But then when we were defending, we would revert back to 4 at the back, with Dier ahead of them.

If we get the first goal this tie swings slightly back in our favor.....mentality we need to be prepared, we need to be smart, for large periods of this game Ajax will dominate, so we need to be patient and not think we have to win this match in the first 20mins.......

I'll think they'll throw the kitchen sink at us in the first 20 minutes and feel they will definitely score at least once during the game , I think we showed them to be a little naive during the first leg and hopefully we will make out experience show.

I'll think they'll throw the kitchen sink at us in the first 20 minutes and feel they will definitely score at least once during the game , I think we showed them to be a little naive during the first leg and hopefully we will make out experience show.
their home form is not all that impressive in the C.L so hopefully that stays the same ...we can score away ...coys

They won't know how to approach this game. Sit back and defend their lead, or push for another and leave themselves open. This should help us. Even if they play the same as they did on Tuesday, we've got Son to get behind their defence now.

If we go 4 at the back, with Sissoko in midfield, and Son and Lucas up top, I think we'll control the game. Keep Nando on the bench in case we need to throw long balls at them with 20 minutes to go. As long as Sonny's still there, Lorente can knock balls down for him, but I'd rather that was our plan B

Back
Top Bottom