We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I sorta didn't want to post this, but fuck it, I'm going to anyway. 3 days before the City away match, my Dad got diagnosed with inoperable cancer. Understandably, I was distraught. I was in a very bad place. I was having some dark thoughts. Seeing as we've always bonded over football, we got together to watch it. I was thinking how awesome it would be if we went on to win this motherfucker. That night I realized that I don't have a Dad that's dying, I have a Dad who is very much alive. We bounced around the living room and we won in the last few minutes of a classic. One of my fondest memories, even though it was only a month ago. I decided I was gonna get to him for every big match so we could watch it and enjoy it together. At this point, he decided he was gonna postpone his chemotherapy until after a family trip to Menorca was over at the end of May. Obviously the home leg against Ajax didn't go as planned, which was a bit of a downer, but it wasn't the worst case scenario. Our get together today was still on. And holy shit, what a day it was. At half time, I was your typical melt, as you'd understand. My missus had the text messages to prove it. I was so depressed it was unbelievable. I'd hoped to have this glorious last football run with my Dad, and we'd fucked it. I decided to roll some spliffs. I'd given up and was watching the beginning of the second half on a stream on my phone in the garden, which wasn't the best and I was 2 minutes behind. Then I saw him run up to the window holdings up a single finger. Fuck yeah! Then he ran up holding up 2 fingers. What the fuck? I abandoned my smokes and ran inside. For the rest of the game, we were on the edge of our seats. We had all but given up and then.... A FUCKING LAST MINUTE WINNER! We both jumped up and sprinted around the entire downstairs area while Mum frantically tried to keep control. She failed miserably. Spurs gave me such a moment tonight and the date Dad put his chemotherapy off until? The day after we get home from holiday, which is the day of the Champions League Final. Come on Spurs, do it for me and the old man! I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get tickets to that motherfucker so we can stay in the Spanish region and witness it for ourselves in person. As unlikely as it may be, wish me luck people. It'd be priceless. :)
i went through that 3 years ago.. sending a big hug amigo :dierpochhug:

I am beyond words. Oh Tottenham, the team that shows us all that the football gods choose banter.

Pochettino needs to better explain this Universal Energy thing, ‘cause it’s not some pseudo-spiritual mumbo-jumbo. My God, it’s really real.

Just noticed the time and I need to get up for work tomorrow too. But I'm really struggling to turn off the laptop, just reliving it all, time and time again. No just the football, but all the reactions, celebrations and other posters' thoughts and emotions.I have seen the clip of Poch in tears umpteen times and it gets me every time. How anyone still thinks that he is going to leave us after that, well they need their bumps feeling.
A couple of thoughts:
1. How much do you think it would cost if we hired a plane for TFC regulars, considering flights to and from Madrid are all full? Because even if I haven't got a ticket, I still want to go.
2. If that's not feasible, can we have a TFC social?
3. Can we petition the club to open up the stadium so we can watch it on a giant screen, and have the social there?

I really need to get some sleep, as I'm actually looking forward to getting into work tomorrow :)

Good night all you lovely people, it's been epic.

If anyone has instagram, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND watching Erik Lamela's livestream that ended a while ago. You can see some absolute scenes - Lucas "Swimming" through pools of Gatorade drink, the medical staff doing pelvic thrusts, all of it

Amazing how things play out..... Missed all the post match mayhem on here due to a minor crisis (now solved).

Can't sleep. Gotta fly to Berlin in a few hours (blatant). Gonna be a right old mess!

Fuck it! Love this club...

Need me some pics, clips n' shit now.... Halftime pelters from Kane (any leaks of what he said?). Lucas Hatrick (GIFs!). Poch cried (Need post match!!!). OMG!!!!

WHAT. A. FUCKING. NIGHT.

Big shout out to all the believers out there. :dierpochhug:

Just noticed the time and I need to get up for work tomorrow too. But I'm really struggling to turn off the laptop, just reliving it all, time and time again. No just the football, but all the reactions, celebrations and other posters' thoughts and emotions.I have seen the clip of Poch in tears umpteen times and it gets me every time. How anyone still thinks that he is going to leave us after that, well they need their bumps feeling.
A couple of thoughts:
1. How much do you think it would cost if we hired a plane for TFC regulars, considering flights to and from Madrid are all full? Because even if I haven't got a ticket, I still want to go.
2. If that's not feasible, can we have a TFC social?
3. Can we petition the club to open up the stadium so we can watch it on a giant screen, and have the social there?

I really need to get some sleep, as I'm actually looking forward to getting into work tomorrow :)

Good night all you lovely people, it's been epic.
Feel exactly the same Mrs p. My mate looked it up and he reckoned if we filled it then it'd be 200 quid per person. No facts to back that up mind. We are doing a minibus. I cannot sleep either. Best night since May 81 for me.

I sorta didn't want to post this, but fuck it, I'm going to anyway. 3 days before the City away match, my Dad got diagnosed with inoperable cancer. Understandably, I was distraught. I was in a very bad place. I was having some dark thoughts. Seeing as we've always bonded over football, we got together to watch it. I was thinking how awesome it would be if we went on to win this motherfucker. That night I realized that I don't have a Dad that's dying, I have a Dad who is very much alive. We bounced around the living room and we won in the last few minutes of a classic. One of my fondest memories, even though it was only a month ago. I decided I was gonna get to him for every big match so we could watch it and enjoy it together. At this point, he decided he was gonna postpone his chemotherapy until after a family trip to Menorca was over at the end of May. Obviously the home leg against Ajax didn't go as planned, which was a bit of a downer, but it wasn't the worst case scenario. Our get together today was still on. And holy shit, what a day it was. At half time, I was your typical melt, as you'd understand. My missus had the text messages to prove it. I was so depressed it was unbelievable. I'd hoped to have this glorious last football run with my Dad, and we'd fucked it. I decided to roll some spliffs. I'd given up and was watching the beginning of the second half on a stream on my phone in the garden, which wasn't the best and I was 2 minutes behind. Then I saw him run up to the window holdings up a single finger. Fuck yeah! Then he ran up holding up 2 fingers. What the fuck? I abandoned my smokes and ran inside. For the rest of the game, we were on the edge of our seats. We had all but given up and then.... A FUCKING LAST MINUTE WINNER! We both jumped up and sprinted around the entire downstairs area while Mum frantically tried to keep control. She failed miserably. Spurs gave me such a moment tonight and the date Dad put his chemotherapy off until? The day after we get home from holiday, which is the day of the Champions League Final. Come on Spurs, do it for me and the old man! I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get tickets to that motherfucker so we can stay in the Spanish region and witness it for ourselves in person. As unlikely as it may be, wish me luck people. It'd be priceless. :)
God bless you and your dad

Back
Top Bottom