WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
After the good wins against Southampton, Watford and Chelsea respectively comes another tough game vs WBA. They're on a good run and always put up a fight against us, usually a 1-1 draw!

With a full weeks rest for most players and the form we are in then this game comes at a good time.

Same team as vs Chelsea

Get at them from the off and try and get the early goal. If we can get that then they'll open up leaving gaps. No doubt Foster will have another worldie so we need to take our chances.

Last edited:
Play the same team as against Chelsea please, swapping around is all well and good in the cup games, but I think that 4-3-3 gives us flexibility in attack.

If we can get the early goal, which we've lacked at some points, it'll really work in our favour.

Pulis will put the 10 men behind the ball and just lump it forward, however they have injection of pace now with Phillips. Walker and Rose will need to be on point.

Alli loves a goal against WBA though, and a punch :allitongue:

If we can get the early goal, which we've lacked at some points, it'll really work in our favour.

Pulis will put the 10 men behind the ball and just lump it forward, however they have injection of pace now with Phillips. Walker and Rose will need to be on point.

Alli loves a goal against WBA though, and a punch :allitongue:
Problem is, if we play 3 at the back against West Brom, then won't Rose and Walker be caught too far forward in the event of a pacey West Brom counter attack?

Could see Vertonghen getting done that way.

For me, this is the hardest home game we have left this season. Having Lamela for this one would be huge, because Sissoko is most likely not going to work here. We will have most of the ball and get almost no space. Dont know if to play 4231 or 343... Poch will work it out.

The side we played against Chelsea was 3-5-2 ya' doofus :eriksenlol::dierpochhug:
FFS, that's the sort of post that makes men think us girls know nought about football!!! Of course, it was 3-5-2, and that's what I meant ...... I'm not well and not far from delirious. Forgive me chaps, hopefully normal service will be resumed by the weekend.

Against Chelsea WBA parked the bus and got beat 1 nil, late goal. It will ve the same against us. We are playing with confidance and are taking our chances. there is no reason to fear them . They are on good form ATM , this may alow them to believe, they are as good. Before they always played the underdog, this time they will have expectations they may not fulfill..

FFS, that's the sort of post that makes men think us girls know nought about football!!! Of course, it was 3-5-2, and that's what I meant ...... I'm not well and not far from delirious. Forgive me chaps, hopefully normal service will be resumed by the weekend.
Im ill. Its the end of the human race or have ee all eaten at the same place and had Lasagne?

------------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------
----------Dier---------------Alderweireld--------Vertonghen-----
Walker-----------------------Wanyama--------------------------Rose
--------------------------Eriksen--------Dembele-----------------------
------------------------------------Alli-------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Wimmer, Winks , Sissoko , Son

Back
Top Bottom