Watford v. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit late to this one from me but that was a great start to the year. Watford just got completely brushed aside, big shame for Hugo that he didn't get a clean sheet but ah well. That was definitely the confident Spurs of last season playing. It's crazy how we went for months unable to score anything and are now putting balls in the net like it's the easiest thing in the world.

It may be a bit out of order to have a go at anyone after such a convincing win but the glaring weak link was Son throughout. He's such a frustratingly inconsistent player, as much prone to winning the game single-handed as he is to fucking up every single movement he's involved in for 90 minutes. I assume he was kept on because he won't be featuring in the game on Wednesday, which is also why our two players on hat-tricks were pulled off (ooo-err) early.

Gutted Janssen didn't get a goal. Is it ever going to happen for him?

He was brilliant yesterday. That doesn't change a great deal - Watford played like a League One team. The gap between Walker and Trippier is arguably the biggest 'gap' we have between a player and their back-up other than Kane > Janssen (and maybe Lloris > Vorm). Trippier will be gone by Jan 2018, I'm sure.

I'm surprised you think that Tripper will be gone. Unless he is unhappy, I don't see why. We don't have any really promising youth coming through in his position do we?

I'm surprised you think that Tripper will be gone. Unless he is unhappy, I don't see why. We don't have any really promising youth coming through in his position do we?
KWP is going to be great. He's right sided but his style actually reminds me of Rose. He can dribble inside or down the wing, he's pacy, combative and intelligent.

Trippier will struggle to keep his spot as second choice RB from next season IMO.

Only skimmed the last few pages of the thread. Delighted with this performance obviously but how bad was Gomes?? Seriously nowhere for the goals. It shows the value we do have in our current world class keeper, Hugo. Worth points to us in every game.

Only skimmed the last few pages of the thread. Delighted with this performance obviously but how bad was Gomes?? Seriously nowhere for the goals. It shows the value we do have in our current world class keeper, Hugo. Worth points to us in every game.

although he avoided calamity, he made mistakes for several of the goals, I agree it is a massive improvement we have nowadays compared to what we used to have.

Back
Top Bottom