Watford v. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Spam try to give us Andrew Carroll for free we should kick them in the teeth. Even if they don't we should still kick them in the teeth.

Great win, I want to build a statue of Ser Harry Kane out of gold, myrrh and frankincense.

The last minute goal against, Woolwich beating pitiful Palace and Son missing a couple can't change the fact we are fucking good. Everyone played well, Son missed a couple but I love the fact he didn't hide. Lamela was the same when he was struggling, good players still want the ball when it's not going their way to try and play their way back into form. Another reason Ozil is a pussy. Trippier's crossing was Mitchell Thomas in his prime, fantastic pass for Kane's 1st aswell.

Bring on Commie Oil Fulham! Lets have those dirty fuckers!

I've had a drink too mate. Happy New Year.

Particularly gift horse breath.

What the fuck is a gift horse?
A horse that has been given as a gift?
If your confused , if you were given a car as a gift it would it be deemed impolite to look under the bonnet to check it was in the very best of health?
Pre cars it was considered impolite to be given a horse and then inspect its teeth to see if it was healthy etc. I.e., ' you don't look a gift horse in the mouth'
Not looking in a horse mouth because of horse breath was my attempt at a joke.

Fantastic to start to the year. We seem to be making a habit of it! I think Kyle might be looking over his shoulder at Trippier now :) The passing and movement and fluidity of performance today was reminiscent of the standards we set last year. Fuck all these muggy Spurs hating pundits. The more they undervalue us the more I fancy our chances. Happy New year everyone!

That was some of the best movement we've had in the attack since last season.

Trippier was excellent. Kane and Dele were superb. Dele seems to have found his scoring touch again. Harry was much more involved in the attack. Thought he's been isolated in the last few matches. Obviously much more involved today

Son was wasteful, but he's very lively and does well stretching the back line. He brings something different.

Just a quick mention for Wanyama today, he was a fucking beast, created some good passing moves from midfield, tidied up some loose passing and took no fucking prisoners.

I can now see why Poch wanted him, a very good hard bastard who can play football, pity we will never see Roy Keane try to fuck about with him.

The whole team was on point yesterday, even son who was wastefull and a bit selfish but he keeps creating havoc and defenders really need to watch him all the time.

Loved how confident Winks looked when he came on too, setting the pace, showing off some skills and positional awareness, lovely stuff. Esp that one move where he carried the ball out of defence, changing pace three times and then delivering a nice forward pass. Very promising but he'll need some time in the gym unfortunately as he gets bullied of the ball a bit too easily

Last edited:
Same. Especially considering he generally plays in games where our performances are below standard. i.e. Europe. Was surprised to hear WindyCOYS WindyCOYS say he thought he wasn't up to scratch.

Edit: Gwan Trips.... That defending tho
He was brilliant yesterday. That doesn't change a great deal - Watford played like a League One team. The gap between Walker and Trippier is arguably the biggest 'gap' we have between a player and their back-up other than Kane > Janssen (and maybe Lloris > Vorm). Trippier will be gone by Jan 2018, I'm sure.

He was brilliant yesterday. That doesn't change a great deal - Watford played like a League One team. The gap between Walker and Trippier is arguably the biggest 'gap' we have between a player and their back-up other than Kane > Janssen (and maybe Lloris > Vorm). Trippier will be gone by Jan 2018, I'm sure.
Rose > Davies

Poch and Kane gave Trippier very good wraps and he done what he was asked off !

Just a quick mention for Wanyama today, he was a fucking beast, created some good passing moves from midfield, tidied up some loose passing and took no fucking prisoners.

I can now see why Poch wanted him, a very good hard bastard who can play football, pity we will never see Roy Keane try to fuck about with him.
Wanyama has been so good that he actually makes picking the team tough. Didn't think in the summer that he'd be supplanting Dier in the team, but the CDM spot is his at the moment...

The shame is that a CB injury or playing three at the back is required to get them both on the pitch at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom