Watford (h) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
But not every player has shown it in matches

That montage does not flatter Sissoko. Its what he does now, so what if it took him two years.
Some of us saw his potential back then too and have the posts to prove it...we didnt imagine it, and neither did the manager, which is why he stuck by him.

You saw potential of what ? What do you think you saw that others didn't? What are you seeing now that's so fabulous?

I'm not seeing in that Youtube (or his performances for us) anything that impresses me. There are players throughout this league that can do basic stuff competently.

I didn't rate him when he started playing for Toulouse (and I saw a shit load of him), I didn't rate him when he went on a couple of runs that came to nothing at the Euros and I still don't rate him now.

Maybe we just have different quality thresholds?

I'm not seeing in that Youtube (or his performances for us) anything that impresses me.

Yeah see I dont believe you so we'll leave it there, he's playing better than Dembele at times, because he doesnt undo all his hard work by going back and trying to do the same thing again for no reason.

Offers something no one else in the team does. Not one player

Last edited:
Yeah see I dont believe you so we'll leave it there, he's playing better than Dembele at times, because he doesnt undo all his hard work by going back and trying to do the same thing again for no reason.

Offers something no one else in the team does. Not one player

We actually might not be miles apart on Dembele (and we are probably both in a minority), but that's another debate. But as you say, we aren't going to agree on what Sissoko, I'm sure I won't have any more chance of convincing you that we have kids in our academy who could do what he does, any more than you'll convince me that he's bringing something great.

Agree to differ.

With Sissoko the mistake a lot of people make is to rely on him to create like an Eriksen or to finish like an Alli
That’s not his game at all
It would be nice but he doesn’t do that

What he does do is stifle, disrupt and frustrate the opposition disrupting their rhythm with his covering and tackling

The tackle on Kovacic against the Chavs is an example

The forward run against Inter was a game breaker

I saw that in him long before he came good
So did sammyspurs but more importantly than us so did Poch

Yes he will misplace the odd pass or his control fails him occasionally (name a midfielder who doesn’t) but his contribution nonetheless is immense and I’m sure when fit he’s one of the first names on Pochs teamsheet

Get behind him and be thankful we’ve got him and not Everton

Son MOTM for me.

Thought the only person who came close to him was Winks. It was so comfortable for us at times. Watford didn't even seem like they wanted to attack, though not surprised after they went a goal ahead.

With Sissoko the mistake a lot of people make is to rely on him to create like an Eriksen or to finish like an Alli
That’s not his game at all
It would be nice but he doesn’t do that

What he does do is stifle, disrupt and frustrate the opposition disrupting their rhythm with his covering and tackling

The tackle on Kovacic against the Chavs is an example

The forward run against Inter was a game breaker

I saw that in him long before he came good
So did sammyspurs but more importantly than us so did Poch

Yes he will misplace the odd pass or his control fails him occasionally (name a midfielder who doesn’t) but his contribution nonetheless is immense and I’m sure when fit he’s one of the first names on Pochs teamsheet

Get behind him and be thankful we’ve got him and not Everton

I’ve shown you evidence that refutes this, he’s not even in the top 11 in our squad for tackling, or top 15 for interceptions. And I’ve shown you how meagre his pressing/pressure regain stats are too. And I’ve repeatedly given you examples of his poor tracking and closing down.

Yay, he tackled someone a couple of games ago. And about 20 games ago he did something productive in a CL game.

Well worth 55m.

I’ve shown you evidence that refutes this, he’s not even in the top 11 in our squad for tackling, or top 15 for interceptions. And I’ve shown you how meagre his pressing/pressure regain stats are too. And I’ve repeatedly given you examples of his poor tracking and closing down.

Yay, he tackled someone a couple of games ago. And about 20 games ago he did something productive in a CL game.

Well worth 55m.

He certainly is

Without him we wouldn’t be still in the CL

Well worth 55m.
Your souless reliance on statistics to prove a point condemns you.
There is far more to the game than stats

Your souless reliance on statistics to prove a point condemns you.
There is far more to the game than stats

And I’ve repeatedly given you examples of his poor tracking and closing down.

I can only keep saying the same things over and over Mick. I've written numerous examples of things I see Sissoko doing badly, Bazali has read them. You want to ignore them, your prerogative.

There is far more to the game than stats, but facets of the game are quantifiable and qualifiable. Measurable.

When one person says "Sissoko tackles and stifles" and the other says "Sissoko doesn't tackle and stifle" then I think trying to prove one's perception with some cold hard evidence, gathered by independent arbitrators is a reasonable next step.

I don't know why stats that tell a truth are any more soulless than fallible opinions expressed by people who have a vested interest in ignoring facts?

I think people who only want to bury their heads in the sands of their own opinion bias, and refuse to contemplate other forms of evidence, anecdotal and statistical, are far more worthy of condemnation.

I can only keep saying the same things over and over Mick. I've written numerous examples of things I see Sissoko doing badly, Bazali has read them. You want to ignore them, your prerogative.

There is far more to the game than stats, but facets of the game are quantifiable and qualifiable. Measurable.

When one person says "Sissoko tackles and stifles" and the other says "Sissoko doesn't tackle and stifle" then I think trying to prove one's perception with some cold hard evidence, gathered by independent arbitrators is a reasonable next step.

I don't know why stats that tell a truth are any more soulless than fallible opinions expressed by people who have a vested interest in ignoring facts?

I think people who only want to bury their heads in the sands of their own opinion bias, and refuse to contemplate other forms of evidence, anecdotal and statistical, are far more worthy of condemnation.
7a082c97e70bafe2b6f75af41445cedf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom