Watford Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazaniga

Tanganga Sanchez Alderweireld Sessegnon
Lo Celso Dier
Lamela Alli Son
Moura

I have no idea what formation we will go with, but I want to see Tanganga, Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Lamela play.

Annoying they were supposed to play last night but didn’t... at least their preparation for our game may have been disrupted.

this will be really tough! They’re in great form need to keep a close eye on Deulofeu

They will be relishing it. They are favourites for the game.

A point for us in the current circumstances would be good.

A game where Sissoko's physicality woild have been of much benefit.

Going to be really tough, for me it's all about the clean sheet. Keep it and we will win.

We couldn't beat them at home when they were in horrible form at the bottom of the table so I have low expectations at their place. Especially after we threw 3 points away so foolishly in this game last season.

Gazza

Someone to stop Deeney - Someone to stop Deeney - Someone to stop Deeney - Someone to stop Deeney

Someone to stop Doucoure - Someone to Doucoure - Someone to Doucoure

Someone to beat Foster - Someone to beat Foster - Someone to beat Foster

Bench :- Skipp, Skipp, Skipp, Totheloo, Skipp, Skipp, Someone to laugh at Cathcart

Im not a big fan of 3 at the back but given as its worked "OK" and our serious deficiencies in central midfield I guess we have to stay with it again

Gazza
Aurier - Tanganga - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Sess
Winks - Lo Celso
Lamela - Lucas - Son

Vorm - Vertonghen - Rose - Fernandes - Eriksen - Alli - Parrott

(Jose will of course play Eriksen, Alli and Dier)

Watford have had an upturn in form but are still weak and shite and we have bar two games recently got the better of them consistently for their time in the prem. We should be going there confident of a win.
We still can't defend properly and have serious lapses in games but I think we will beat them tbh.

What I assume Mou will go with -

------------Gazza-------------
Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Sess
------Winks---Dier----------
-Moura--Lo Celso--Alli----
-----------Son----------------

What I'd like to see more -
------------Gazza-------------
Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Sess
-Lo Celso-Skipp-Winksy---
-------Alli-----Lamela------
-----------Son---------------

I don't think this team is suited to play with 2 CMs. Specially now that Harry is out and we cannot use him as an option to take down high balls. So we need more power and control in the CM area.
I agree that Tanganga has played really well and he has bright future with us. Though I doubt that 3 straight games within 7 days is proper way to treat him, sorry.
Lo Celso 100% has to start and despite having rough patch, Son has to start as well. But up top and has to play straightforward football. I actually don't have an issue with starting Alli - I know he has not been in super form recently, but same actually goes for Moura (who I think might be more efficient coming from bench against tired legs!).

Unpopular opinions, I know. But thats what I currently think.

You should probably suggest this to your gaffer. They may actually do better than your lackluster first team lot.

Bit of an embarrassment aren't they.
Well if anyone would know about embarrassment it'd be a Watford fan on a Tottenham forum!

I'll admit your mascot has some moves though!
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom