Walter Tull on TV, 9pm Sat

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walter Tull, Forgotten Hero is a good documentary by the BBC. The attached is the first of 4 parts (easy to see the other 3).

This is a dramatisation of his story

Then there is this which is a bit different

Why? He was the first black outfield player in England and he played for us.

I've not seen any TV docs but I've read about him, probably in programme notes at some time. Learning that we had the first black player was something that made me really proud.
Complete contrast to the Bluescum, who's fans in large parts booed and horibly racially abused their 1st black player in the 1980's. Its only a couple of year ago that they get caught doing it on the Paris underground. Scum.
We may have some bad apples but I truly think that our clubs culture, our values are so different to theirs (ditto spammers.)

I don't think we (as a club) came out of it with exactly a glowing reputation.

Other than sign him in the first place (which was as revolutionary as it was admirable at the time!) At the first sign of 'frightful awfulness' at Bristol City where he received dogs abuse, it seems we got rid, as the Club didn't want the bother of having racist abuse hurled at one if their players each week... then prettt much erased him from our histiru books.

Shame, and yet ironic that our FANS have had Anti-Semitic abuse hurled at us ever since!!

colored man
5147868-bart_simpson.png
Colored boy?

Back
Top Bottom