Walker's twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I doubt he's crying in a corner somewhere. He probably just couldn't be fucked with it any more and that's his prerogative.

Point is, gooners are laughing at us over this pathetic behaviour by some fans which is one good reason why we need to support him.

I doubt he's crying in a corner somewhere. He probably just couldn't be fucked with it any more and that's his prerogative.

Point is, gooners are laughing at us over this pathetic behaviour by some fans which is one good reason why we need to support him.
I don't think starting hashtags getting him back on twitter is going to stop the lolz to be honest.

But this isn't about him playing badly, it's about whether or not he overreacted to the abuse he received. Not only do you seem to be advancing the idea that the abuse is in some way tolerable because he's a rich footballer, but also that the maturity of his reaction to the abuse is irrelevant "because he's in the team on merit". I don't quite follow the logic of that argument.

When you were 22 were you of the same maturity level as you are now (assuming that you are at least 5 or so years older than that now)?

My posts are in direct response to people saying "He's only 22"

I never said that the abuse is tolerable, but his age is totally irrelevant......or are you saying that it would be ok for him to receive this level of abuse if he were older?

Woolwich fans booed when Eboue was brought on and every time he touched the ball and then cheered when he was subbed in the same game.....

My posts are in direct response to people saying "He's only 22"

I never said that the abuse is tolerable, but his age is totally irrelevant......or are you saying that it would be ok for him to receive this level of abuse if he were older?
No, I am not saying that at all. I am saying that with age and maturity these things become easier to handle and less likely to cause an overreation such as shutting down a Twitter account in a huff.

But, you didn't answer my question. Were you of the same level of maturity at 22 as you are now (assuming you are no longer within that age range)? I don't understand why you are ignoring the concept of maturity with age.

not trying to get him back on twitter. More trying to get proper spurs fans to speak up in support.
Up to him if he wants to be on twitter or not.
still won't stop the lolz, the horse has already bolted. I don't think that this kind of abuse on twitter will stop, emotions run high in the aftermath of a defeat and I reckon every player has had similar abuse.

anime-child1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom