Walker's twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still incensed by this. Kyle Walker's a grown up so he'll get over it. But this makes our fans look like fucking pricks and is something I would expect of them lot down the road, not us.
I've felt driven to start a twitter profile dedicated to retweeting proper fans' support of Kyle Walker. He may never see it, but I think we need to prove that not all our fans are fickle cunts.
It's @OneKyleWalker if anyone wants to get involved.

:walkerwtf:
I think all spurs fans should get behind Kyle walker and promote the #onekylewalker tweets he will prove all doubters wrong

Bottom of Park Lane were on him like hounds on a limping fox yesterday after the fourth went in, almost as bad as they gave to Ashley C***. Pretty dangerous for the team if you start abusing your own players worse than the opposition's. Some of the fans during the last couple of years have really done their best to hack off the fans that will support the team no matter what and no matter who they are.

Bottom of Park Lane were on him like hounds on a limping fox yesterday after the fourth went in, almost as bad as they gave to Ashley C***. Pretty dangerous for the team if you start abusing your own players worse than the opposition's. Some of the fans during the last couple of years have really done their best to hack off the fans that will support the team no matter what and no matter who they are.
A lot were also giving it to Dempsey and Gylfi, don't understand why you would call your own player a cunt.

Don't get me wrong. I was at the game and was unbelievably frustrated by what walker did in the build up to the 4th goal and I think his defensive performances this season have been disappointing. If a player makes a crucial error like that then of course supporters are going to have a moan at the time.
But once it's done you have a duty, in my opinion, to get behind the guy and let him know that there's a way back from a spell of poor form.
You don't go on twitter calling him a cunt, or whatever it is people did

Don't get me wrong. I was at the game and was unbelievably frustrated by what walker did in the build up to the 4th goal and I think his defensive performances this season have been disappointing. If a player makes a crucial error like that then of course supporters are going to have a moan at the time.
But once it's done you have a duty, in my opinion, to get behind the guy and let him know that there's a way back from a spell of poor form.
You don't go on twitter calling him a cunt, or whatever it is people did
I can understand the frustration and the moaning, but some of it gets quite vitriolic and aggressive. Why act like that towards your own player. I think a lot of people have trouble in understanding that these people are humans.

He's one of the best players we've seen in the last twenty years and he needs to know that the proper Spurs fans amongst the WHL crowd appreciate that. I want Kyle to hear the voice of the extremely grateful and appreciative majority, rather than that of the plastic, expectant minority of 'fans' that seem to think that an ounce of success guarantees it forever more. Anyone who believes football is like that should stick to their armchair, while we, the real fans, continue to sing our hearts out for the team come rain or shine.

He's 22 ffs until we start asking what does he do like we did with Jenas when he got too old to realise his potential!! :mong:

How much booing was there at half time? I went down to get a beer just before the whistle.

It's a shame he has felt the need to delete his Twitter account but alas keyboard warriors who probably go to a game a season think they know it all and have a right to verbally abuse and are too thick to realise that it probably doesn't help. Of course everyone has the right to criticise and he was proper shit but I some of these d*ckheads realise that a bit of support on the lads twitter might make him feel just a little bit better. I despair at the way some of our support is heading.

Still at least there wasn't too much booing at the end.

Bale is 23 now and he used to get piles of abuse when he was 18/19 from the East Lower. It's just how a lot of supporters behave at football matches and twitter gives anyone the option to give someone abuse from behind the safety of their computer and keyboard.

I'm sure Ferdinand and the rest of the high profile players who use twitter get abused daily. Fact is they are the one's sitting there with big bank balances and walking out on the pitch every week and playing professional, they just learn to rise above the shit given by people who frankly don't have a fucking clue about what they are talking about.

I don't see why his wages should make a difference as to whether or not he's human enough to get upset by the vitriol.

If you saw a hundred thousand people verbally abusing a 22 year old on the street you wouldn't say "that's not on...oh hang about, he's rich, it's ok".

Bad enough the abuse players have to take from supporters of other teams, but to get it from your own? Ironically, it's these same people that abuse their own players that then turn around and moan about players only doing it for the money and showing no loyalty to the club.

So, becuase he is earning well, that means he has someone matured beyond his quicker than any of the rest of us did at his age?

No.

He's in the team on merit not because he's young.

His performances should receive equal scrutiny to all the other first team regulars - the fact he is 22 isn't an excuse for playing badly........sink or swim

Another young man who thinks hes made it before he has. Dogs abuse will do him the world of good.

So what hes had a strop and deleted his twitter, this will be in the back of his mind...am I good enough?

Im more worried about Dempsey / Sigg...

I was in the bottom Park Lane right next to where he conceded possession, aside from people shouting what you might expect I heard no one give him any personal bollocking, and, along with a number of others I stayed and clapped at the final whistle. I thought the fans were pretty good on the whole. I was a little disappointed at the reaction to going 3-2 down, only little pockets of fans singing, could have done with the whole stand getting behind the team.

No.

He's in the team on merit not because he's young.

His performances should receive equal scrutiny to all the other first team regulars - the fact he is 22 isn't an excuse for playing badly........sink or swim
But this isn't about him playing badly, it's about whether or not he overreacted to the abuse he received. Not only do you seem to be advancing the idea that the abuse is in some way tolerable because he's a rich footballer, but also that the maturity of his reaction to the abuse is irrelevant "because he's in the team on merit". I don't quite follow the logic of that argument.

When you were 22 were you of the same maturity level as you are now (assuming that you are at least 5 or so years older than that now)?

Back
Top Bottom