Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No.

The maximum number of English teams that we can have is 5 apparently.

If we win the Champions League and Arse win the EL, only then will the 4th placed team move down to Europa.
More than 5 would only be possible if CL winner and EL winner are both English clubs outside top 4, right?

But yeah, after Sissoko and Rose won Poch over I don't rule anything out. Janssen was apparently in a bad place when he and Poch had their falling out so who knows.

The problem here is that before their poor patches, Sissoko (2016 Euros runner up and 50ish French caps (I'm guessing here) and Rose (top class LWB) had form.

Janssen hasn't. He had a good season in the Dutch league (which prompted us to buy him)and that's about it.

He's a Spurs player and I desperately want him to excel for us, but I don't think he ever will (just like Soldado, Pavlyuchenko and Rebrov before him)

Keeping him because he's cheap cover for Kane doesn't work for me.

Last edited:
The problem here is that before their poor patches, Sissoko (World Cup winners medal and 50ish French caps (I'm guessing here) and Rose (top class LWB) had form.

Janssen hasn't. He had a good season in the Dutch league (which prompted us to buy him)and that's about it.

He's a Spurs player and I desperately want him to excel for us, but I don't think he ever will (just like Soldado, Pavlyuchenko and Rebrov before him)

Keeping him because he's cheap cover for Kane doesn't work for me.

Yup, if you want proven and WC winners you will have to pay the money for it. Do we want a £60m+ player sat on the bench frustrated that he doesn't get a look in past Kane? Or do we want that spent somewhere else on the pitch where we are lacking? Llorente, Sonny, Moura and Lamella can deputise ok, as we've found.

Janssen as an understudy isn't a bad shout.

I believe Janssen had more than one decent season, he also showed amazing character to be dumped by his childhood club and come back. I hope we see him rising from the ashes once more. Also at the time we didn't have the funds to spend big so like most signing we were taking a punt.

I dunno, I have really mixed feelings on this one...

It's plausible that he starts v WHU and it may even be a good idea to rest Llorente. I would have preferred he had left in January and we were now asking Parrott to step up for a game or 2.

When Janssen refused (or so I read) to go on loan in the Premiership I gave up on him. He had the perfect opportunity to get used to the league, play some games, and hopefully score some goals. Going on loan abroad was basically saying I won’t be coming back, but no one wants to sign me this summer. (if he scores the winner against West Ham I will delete this post, and deny ever doubting him).

Janssen is not the first nor will he be the last player to find it difficult to adjust to a different team/style Rebrov,Soldado they both arrived with big expectations and made nothing of it! His goals ratio for Holland 7 goals in 17 appearances that’s not shoddy he’s only 24 he’s got time if he gets a chance in the next 3 games and takes them who knows?

Back
Top Bottom