Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This was while the score was 0-0 in the 70th or so minute. I hope he was showing excitement for Janssen and not joking around with so much on the line for club.

Another silly oversight regarding Vinny.....I thought for the few minutes he came on he looked composed and up for it.
It was nice to hear the crowd remembers his song too and chants of Yiddo. Great stuff.

Sadly he’ll be gone in the summer and despite his injuries was not given the same chances that Lamela and Sissoko were given to prove himself, despite numerous claims of clean slates from Poch.

I’m convinced the guy could have been something

Another silly oversight regarding Vinny.....I thought for the few minutes he came on he looked composed and up for it.
It was nice to hear the crowd remembers his song too and chants of Yiddo. Great stuff.

Sadly he’ll be gone in the summer and despite his injuries was not given the same chances that Lamela and Sissoko were given to prove himself, despite numerous claims of clean slates from Poch.

I alway felt the same about Soldado but we never fed him the right balls, he needed it early but we passed & passed (bit like we do now)

If we are going with a striker v Westham, I would honestly start Janssen. I thought he looked well up for it tonight in the short cameo and the crowd gave him a great reception. Llorente looked dead on his feet and we need all the help we can get against Ajax with Sonny missing, so Llorente will be needed.

If we are going with a striker v Westham, I would honestly start Janssen. I thought he looked well up for it tonight in the short cameo and the crowd gave him a great reception. Llorente looked dead on his feet and we need all the help we can get against Ajax with Sonny missing, so Llorente will be needed.
I'd probably still start Llorente based off of match fitness and sharpness. But I'd give Janssen more than 10 minutes based off of last night. Llorente got nullified last night because he had Dunk and Duffy using him as a jungle gym for 90 minutes but when we brought Vincent on it forced them to split up. He did look up for it.

I'd definitely consider starting him against Bournemouth if the result against Spam goes our way. Would give Llorente some rest in between the CL ties as well.

I would start Janssen and give him 60mins, leaving Llorente a solid 30mins if needed. I'm really interested to see what he can do, I think he is strong and has good link-up play, wanting to come short, then turn the defender and run. Whatever issues there were, massive steps have been taken to bring him back into the team so lets hope the work of all parties involved can be repaid. One decent goal will shift opinion on him massively.

We're still in the 'Kane triangle' where any decent striker will go missing on the bench waiting for their opportunity, they know that so are unlikely to sign for us. Llorente has shown he can do a job and gives us a different option, Vinny can be Kane's understudy. I'm hoping there is still time.

For me, my view on Janssen was formed when Kane was injured and he had to be our main striker for almost 10 games.

He tried so damn hard but things didn’t go smoothly. When a player struggles like that, I really focus on their (on field) attitude, rather than output. From my point of view, he always kept trying and didn’t give up.

Poch did treat him very harsh afterwards, but we don’t know the full extent of what happened behind the scenes.

The fact that he’s back in the squad and subbed on in a crucial moment will mean so much to him and I want to believe Poch put his trust back in him. And trust has to be earned, especially with Poch.
All very fair points.

He did always give his best when given the chance so we are always thankful for that. I felt the games he did play shown he wasn't going to make the grade.

The fact that Poch was very harsh in his treatment of him would lead me to believe that maybe things happened that we wouldn't be happy to hear. But, as you mention, we don't see behind the scenes.

Maybe he is now showing the right attitude and he will be rewarded for it. If this is the case then I hope it works out. There is a chance that we were desperate and had no one else to turn to other than Jansen. We will see.

Yeah, although ultimately it mostly rests with the player. He has talent, his previous career shows that.

You have to make it impossible for the manager not to have you at least in the squad. He obviously couldn’t convince Poch.

We should give him mucho game time now to up his value and then 3-way trade him with Palace and West Ham so we get Zaha, Palace get Janssen plus 30m and West Ham get some of our old carpet from the old White Hart Lane

All very fair points.

He did always give his best when given the chance so we are always thankful for that. I felt the games he did play shown he wasn't going to make the grade.

The fact that Poch was very harsh in his treatment of him would lead me to believe that maybe things happened that we wouldn't be happy to hear. But, as you mention, we don't see behind the scenes.

Maybe he is now showing the right attitude and he will be rewarded for it. If this is the case then I hope it works out. There is a chance that we were desperate and had no one else to turn to other than Jansen. We will see.
The story that makes the rounds on the internet (so obviously take it with some salt) is that Janssen and his longtime girlfriend had a big break up during the second half of his first season (she did not enjoy London apparently) and that basically knocked him for a loop and took him out of the football. To which Poch tried some tough love to sort him out, which most likely did not work exactly to plan.

But if he has his head screwed on straight now I hope Poch is willing to work with him, even if it is just to make an exit in the summer easier. As long as he is with us I will root for him.

Back
Top Bottom