Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feels good to hear that a lot of the fans watching the open training have positive things to say about Vincent (and the whole team tbf) and his performance.

What would you guys consider to be a good year for him this season?
I guess league very much depends on Kane, but I'd like to see him hit double figures and take us on a good league cup run.

I guess league very much depends on Kane, but I'd like to see him hit double figures and take us on a good league cup run.
I worked it out like this in my head for myself.

Last season he did 6 in all comps, which is okay in my head for a backup striker on his first year in the PL.

Just looking at the league I'd be happy if he slotted anywhere between 6 and 10 goals. He is going to mainly play backup in the league after all. Throw on an extra 5-8 goals in the cups as well and I'd be happy.

So pessimistic I'd say 11 goals total. But I think he has more in him

I'd just like him to score when he gets the chance. Mostly from open play.

He would have had double digits if he scored some of the chances he missed last season and that's ultimately what you remember as a football fan.

No one cares much about his hold up play, which at times was brilliant, we could have signed Grant Holt for good hold up play.

I will say this though, he ended the season really strongly in my opinion. Considering the season he had. Movement seemed alot better, got some assists too. It's as if he knuckled down after Poch had words

I'm backing Vincent to do a Son and really find his feet this year.

Young guy first exposure to English football. I thought his attitude was 1st class.

Will revisit this thread 12 months from now and see if it joins my prediction that Gareth Bale would probably be a lot better if he just cut his hair so he didn't have to fuck around it with every time he stopped running, took a throw on, tackled someone, shot etc etc

Towards the end of the season he showed glimpses of what he can do. Good at holding the ball up bringing others into play, looks like he has good vision as well. He does know where the back of the net is, just a case of getting him believing in his abilities.

I reckon he will get 12-15 goals in all competitions this season if given a chance.

Janssen worked hard and very likeable, but one reservation i still have as a doubt about him is his finishing, he never placed a shot. Not even in the 27 goals at Eredivisie as i watched them.

I hope our Coaches points that out to him and forces him to be more confident nonetheless to ignore the numbers now. Hope he improves.

Janssen worked hard and very likeable, but one reservation i still have as a doubt about him is his finishing, he never placed a shot. Not even in the 27 goals at Eredivisie as i watched them.

I hope our Coaches points that out to him and forces him to be more confident nonetheless to ignore the numbers now. Hope he improves.

How is that, at 54 seconds, not a placed shot? That's great finishing.

1:13

That's a header, fair enough, but it's still great finishing.

1:50

Takes it onto his chest, takes the shot between the goal keepers legs, ends up in the bottom corner.

How are any of those not "placed shots"? Have you even watched his goals? His finishing is very, very good.

Not even for Holland, no of course not.
If that first chance he took on his first home game want it- on his weaker foot, the one where he tried to curl it into the net and missed- had gone in, I think we would have seen a better Jansen last year.
He looked a bit alien to how we play sometimes. Maybe a bit unfit, compared to how fit this team is, and wasn't taking up great positions.
That's not new for a player joining us.
He has something. He's only had a year in the Dutch league and Dirk Kuyt is kicking it up over there. Says it all.
If he doesn't improve this season, I'd be a bit concerned. Yet I think he has the correct mindset. Is a capable finisher. I reckon he'll do ok.

Takes it onto his chest, takes the shot between the goal keepers legs, ends up in the bottom corner.

How are any of those not "placed shots"? Have you even watched his goals? His finishing is very, very good.

He's got a decent left foot curler on him.

Looks pretty good, we should sign him :levystare:

Had thought about someone will criticize my choice of words. But i think you get my point, 1 placed from 27? Its outlier in stats terms.
Im not criticising him, merely pointing out things he should have tried.

Back
Top Bottom