Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depends what way you choose to look at it. In 27 appearances he managed 1 open play goal which obviously is laughably bad but i actually dispute some of the other stuff you've said.

He links up well???? To be totally honest for a lot of the season it clearly looked like the other players were choosing not to pass him the ball. It was like the game was going on around him and he was just there.

Gets himself into positions? Again disagree. Ok he got into better goalscoring positions near the end of the season but for the most part he was a yard or so behind play and not where a striker should be.

He does work hard though i give you that.
I'm definitely biased towards VJ, but I do feel the "appearances" stat gets overly used to bash him. He did have a poor first season, but it's not like he started 27 games and scored one goal...

I find his hold up and link up play to be good, but he is a bit too static for mine, and always seems to make the obvious run rather than arriving unexpectedly in the box. I'd be happy to have another season with him as our main backup, if he doesn't find his feet then we should definitely ship him off, but we've seen what a second season with Porch can do with other players...

I'm definitely biased towards VJ, but I do feel the "appearances" stat gets overly used to bash him. He did have a poor first season, but it's not like he started 27 games and scored one goal...

I find his hold up and link up play to be good, but he is a bit too static for mine, and always seems to make the obvious run rather than arriving unexpectedly in the box. I'd be happy to have another season with him as our main backup, if he doesn't find his feet then we should definitely ship him off, but we've seen what a second season with Porch can do with other players...
Don't waste your breath - he's hated him from the moment he signed - go back in the thread, it's all there.

No one on this forum has seen enough of Jansen to make an accurate judgment of whether he should stay or go. The only people who can are the ones that train him throughout the season.

He's young and has moved to an alien league. Give him a bloody chance

I would like to see Janssen given another season. He's still young and he'll have a full pre-season behind him.

Fucking "A". Dude will come good.

Pin this post folks because two years from now big Vinny will either be the greatest flop in football or he'll have the offers rolling in. I'm praying it's the latter and I have faith it will be.

Spurs Legend in waiting.

Explain this blinder?

My whole post eluded to not making a rash judgment and nothing more. You've just completely misinterpreted a fairly simple message

Firstly you stated that no one outside of the club staff could be in a position to comment on his future which is an asinine statement in it's self but then proceed to follow that up by pressing for the same group to give him a chance. How can we possibly give a player a chance when we are supposedly not in a position to comment on him!?!

Firstly you stated that no one outside of the club staff could be in position to comment on his future which is an asinine statement in it's self but then proceed to follow that up by pressing for the same group to give him a chance. How can we possibly give a player a chance when we are supposedly not in a position to comment on him!?!

The second paragraph wasn't aimed at the club you clown. get off your high horse before you fall off.

I've no idea what ad hominem means but then I'm probably not a smart cunt like you , you crack on sunshine.

It means someone who relies on personal attacks rather than a reasoned argument based on substance!
Trouble is that probably applies to over 50% on here and I'm including myself!!

Confess to having googled it as I originally thought it referred to a caveman!
:levyeyes:

It means someone who relies on personal attacks rather than a reasoned argument based on substance!
Trouble is that probably applies to over 50% on here and I'm including myself!!

Confess to having googled it as I originally thought it referred to a caveman!
:levyeyes:

Basically it's when someone attacks the person making an argument, rather than the argument itself. A more common use of saying the same thing is 'play the ball, not the man'. (This would probably have been more apt, given that this is a football fan forum but I think Hood might have been trying a bit too hard ;-)

He needed to get up to Premier League speed. You can tell he was chasing the play all of last season.

If he can adjust he'll flourish. We've seen what he can do for Netherlands.

Feels good to hear that a lot of the fans watching the open training have positive things to say about Vincent (and the whole team tbf) and his performance.

What would you guys consider to be a good year for him this season?

Back
Top Bottom