Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks out!?

:dembelewtf::dembelefingers:

That boy has BIG things ahead of him.

(It never fails to amaze me how people can have such drastically different opinions on a player. Adds the discuss I guess. )
There is no discussion, we simply need to be informed. Brace yourself!!

Jansens recent comments sound to me like there's a strong possibility he'll be off.

Not quite sure why he expected more game time. Was never going to replace Kane and never made a case for himself.

I don't like to write players off too quickly but I don't see that he really has any attributes that suggest he'll be a success in the Prem.

He looks like one of the most unnatural players I've seen when in possession. His balance is poor and his technique is really awkward.

Just rewatched his YouTube clips from the previous season at AZ and the only thing that stands out is some of his link up play (which in fairness we have seen a few times for us too) but all of his goals were on a plate tap ins.

If he stays I'll have no complaints and will hope to see him improve but if it were my call I'd probably cut our losses and replace him with another Son type that can play as one of the 3 in behind or as the 1.

There are two n's in Janssen. I hate it when people can't spell our players names correctly.

Erikson
Ali
Sisoko
Jansen

Come on now

200.webp

Last edited:
Jansens recent comments sound to me like there's a strong possibility he'll be off.

Not quite sure why he expected more game time. Was never going to replace Kane and never made a case for himself.

I don't like to write players off too quickly but I don't see that he really has any attributes that suggest he'll be a success in the Prem.

He looks like one of the most unnatural players I've seen when in possession. His balance is poor and his technique is really awkward.

Just rewatched his YouTube clips from the previous season at AZ and the only thing that stands out is some of his link up play (which in fairness we have seen a few times for us too) but all of his goals were on a plate tap ins.

If he stays I'll have no complaints and will hope to see him improve but if it were my call I'd probably cut our losses and replace him with another Son type that can play as one of the 3 in behind or as the 1.
I'm not bothered if he leaves, hes been abysmal.
Sissoko has deflected a lot of the criticism he would have faced for being every bit as bad or arguably worse than the Frenchman.

Pace in the midfield/final third is one of our only weaknesses. The other is experience. Jansen hinders both of these weak points in our game.

It's a shame because he is a Gibbsyish player. Strong, determined and can (gasp) keep up the ball. But I was already complaining about our combined pace issue via the outfield spine (Dier/Dembele/Eriksen/Kane) or link up play from midfield to attack (Dembele/Eriksen/Lamela/Kane).

Son's PACE IMO was criminally underrated by pundits at the end of the season. The extra burst of pace really helped the linkup play between Alli/Kane/Eriksen. So the last thing our squad needs is another attacker that is slow off the mark.

I'm hoping we sign pace/experience/intelligence/set piece taker. I'm not usually hoping players go out the door in recent years, but I think we are pace/experience/intelligence from being the next Utd. I think Jansen and Winks out and spend big on those areas and we will shatter domestic and European records over the next decade.

IMO Eriksen stalking just outside the box when someone whips in one of the MANY MANY corners we win will be an awesome option. More competition for Eriksen re set pieces will up his game too hopefully.

9936278.gif

Can we find a buyer realistically? I'd say our best bet is the dutch league but it would be at a loss.

27 goals in 34 games for AZ. 8 in 10 for Netherlands U21. 7 in 13 for Netherlands.

These are impressive numbers.

In 27 games for us he showed that he works very hard, he links up well and he gets into positions. It is known from the previously mentioned records that he can score.

All of the above before turning 23.

We would be able to find buyers. I am hopeful we won't try, though. He'll come good if given time and opportunities.

27 goals in 34 games for AZ. 8 in 10 for Netherlands U21. 7 in 13 for Netherlands.

These are impressive numbers.

In 27 games for us he showed that he works very hard, he links up well and he gets into positions. It is known from the previously mentioned records that he can score.

All of the above before turning 23.

We would be able to find buyers. I am hopeful we won't try, though. He'll come good if given time and opportunities.
Depends what way you choose to look at it. In 27 appearances he managed 1 open play goal which obviously is laughably bad but i actually dispute some of the other stuff you've said.

He links up well???? To be totally honest for a lot of the season it clearly looked like the other players were choosing not to pass him the ball. It was like the game was going on around him and he was just there.

Gets himself into positions? Again disagree. Ok he got into better goalscoring positions near the end of the season but for the most part he was a yard or so behind play and not where a striker should be.

He does work hard though i give you that.

:carrollwtf:
:pocheyes:
:pochwtf:
:pochfacepalm:

I don't even know much about this bloke but, fuck me did I cringe....

Comes off like he thinks he's The Rock, Stone Cold or some other WWE character...

Tip: Self appointed nick-names and talking about ones-self in the 3rd person = Epic faaiiiiiiiil!!!

Depends what way you choose to look at it. In 27 appearances he managed 1 open play goal which obviously is laughably bad but i actually dispute some of the other stuff you've said.

He links up well???? To be totally honest for a lot of the season it clearly looked like the other players were choosing not to pass him the ball. It was like the game was going on around him and he was just there.

Gets himself into positions? Again disagree. Ok he got into better goalscoring positions near the end of the season but for the most part he was a yard or so behind play and not where a striker should be.

He does work hard though i give you that.
What a mug

Back
Top Bottom