Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All you need to see is potential. I don't see enough. I see a guy busting his gut to little effect, playing at a level above his station. If he was at Woolwich under Wenger I'd expect him to get several more seasons of under performance before quietly being shipped out. Think Bendtner. Think Chamakh. And I'm pretty sure they scored more than a single open play league goal (in injury time in a 4-0 win) in their first seasons. Poch is more ruthless and less belligerent and I'm pretty sure he'll be moved along.

Out of interest if he doesn't get moved on, what would he need to do next season for you to change your mind?

10, 15, 20 goals?

Out of interest if he doesn't get moved on, what would he need to do next season for you to change your mind?

10, 15, 20 goals?

If we're highest scorers again and he played the same minutes, 7 non penalty goals would be reasonable. But it's not just about numbers it's about influencing games, which he hasn't done nearly enough.

If we're highest scorers again and he played the same minutes, 7 non penalty goals would be reasonable. But it's not just about numbers it's about influencing games, which he hasn't done nearly enough.

Thats fair enough, i just think he deserves another chance, he's had time to settle, will get pre-season and hopefully an early goal or 2 will set him on the way.

Pace in the midfield/final third is one of our only weaknesses. The other is experience. Jansen hinders both of these weak points in our game.

It's a shame because he is a Gibbsyish player. Strong, determined and can (gasp) keep up the ball. But I was already complaining about our combined pace issue via the outfield spine (Dier/Dembele/Eriksen/Kane) or link up play from midfield to attack (Dembele/Eriksen/Lamela/Kane).

Son's PACE IMO was criminally underrated by pundits at the end of the season. The extra burst of pace really helped the linkup play between Alli/Kane/Eriksen. So the last thing our squad needs is another attacker that is slow off the mark.

I'm hoping we sign pace/experience/intelligence/set piece taker. I'm not usually hoping players go out the door in recent years, but I think we are pace/experience/intelligence from being the next Utd. I think Jansen and Winks out and spend big on those areas and we will shatter domestic and European records over the next decade.

IMO Eriksen stalking just outside the box when someone whips in one of the MANY MANY corners we win will be an awesome option. More competition for Eriksen re set pieces will up his game too hopefully.

Pace in the midfield/final third is one of our only weaknesses. The other is experience. Jansen hinders both of these weak points in our game.

It's a shame because he is a Gibbsyish player. Strong, determined and can (gasp) keep up the ball. But I was already complaining about our combined pace issue via the outfield spine (Dier/Dembele/Eriksen/Kane) or link up play from midfield to attack (Dembele/Eriksen/Lamela/Kane).

Son's PACE IMO was criminally underrated by pundits at the end of the season. The extra burst of pace really helped the linkup play between Alli/Kane/Eriksen. So the last thing our squad needs is another attacker that is slow off the mark.

I'm hoping we sign pace/experience/intelligence/set piece taker. I'm not usually hoping players go out the door in recent years, but I think we are pace/experience/intelligence from being the next Utd. I think Jansen and Winks out and spend big on those areas and we will shatter domestic and European records over the next decade.

IMO Eriksen stalking just outside the box when someone whips in one of the MANY MANY corners we win will be an awesome option. More competition for Eriksen re set pieces will up his game too hopefully.
Winks out? Yeah, I'm sure you'll get loads of support for that proposition dude.

:pochserious:

Winks out!?

:dembelewtf::dembelefingers:

That boy has BIG things ahead of him.

(It never fails to amaze me how people can have such drastically different opinions on a player. Adds to the discussion I guess. )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom