Villa match fred: Danny Blanchflower derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I think AVB recognised the second half was shit but obviously doesn't want to destroy the morale of the players. Interestingly our first halves have generally been great this year and Aston Villa's have generally been very poor so hopefully we can capitalise on our chances early on.

Results didn't go our way today so it is vital we win tomorrow to make our efforts at OT count for something.

HyNdZee said:
Yeah, I think AVB recognised the second half was shit but obviously doesn't want to destroy the morale of the players. Interestingly our first halves have generally been great this year and Aston Villa's have generally been very poor so hopefully we can capitalise on our chances early on.
Yeah. When you are the better team in the first half it's impoartnt to capitalise. Save for OT, for some reason the players have got it into their heads that a one goals lead is enough and start to sit back. AVB needs to sort that out.

Got a nasty feeling it will be a scrappy draw and hte boo boys will be back again.

I never rated Darren Bent, still don't but he's the type of player that feels they have a point to prove against us and will have his 'statutory one good game this season' tm.

We just aren't closing out games, and this is another Norwich / West Brom waiting to happen.

Plus one of my previous bosses (the horsefaced, hypocritical, god bothering, megalomaniac, empire building, cunt features one) is Villa and I only ever hear from him when spurs don't win, and I could do with patronisation via text tomorrow.

Hmmm, I guess I'd like to see a decent performance first and foremost, a clean sheet and then worry about the win.

Oh yeah, and Lawro has us for a win, and he's never right about us. So that's that final nail in the coffin containing hope of victory.

I just hope it's not Harry on MOTD2 when Bent equalizes with a header. :harryblow:

Bent has had his time to show us what cunts we are and how great he is. He had that time at Sunderland. So I don't fear him having that extra motivation here. Only problem with that theory is he now has a problem with Lambert and will want to show Lambert how great he is lol Still, Villa will do what Villa do, they'll come for a draw. So I'm more worried about us not penetrating than I am about Bent. If we can break them down we'll win but clearly, that's something we struggle with.

If we do the whole "sit back and give them space" thing it will be fucking boring IMO as I expect them to sit down and have a picnic in their own half.

When Lambert was at Norwich last year they took the game to us a little bit and they got the three points. That must be in his mind for tomorrow and hopefully they come to at least try and score. Then we should have more space to do our damage and get the win. Haven't seen Villa at all this season so no idea what to expect from them really.

Smoked Salmon said:
HyNdZee said:
Yeah. When you are the better team in the first half it's impoartnt to capitalise. Save for OT, for some reason the players have got it into their heads that a one goals lead is enough and start to sit back. AVB needs to sort that out.

I agree in theory, but in practice we haven't been a clinical team since Berba and Keano so I think it is hard for Defoe to score more than a goal a game whilst learning his new role. You often see teams around us scoring 4s and 5s at home against weaker sides but it happens less often at the lane. Lennon and even Bale aren't that prolific, so it falls to Dempsey/Siggy to step up.

Just get that 2-0 lead and we'll be fine. We never do though, so we can expect a 90 minute torture session where we are tearing 'em up properly until we go 1-0 up and forget how to play the game.. :avbfacepalm:

However, I'm going 2-1 Spurs. :bale2: and will :adeohshit: score!

Just get that 2-0 lead and we'll be fine. We never do though, so we can expect a 90 minute torture session where we are tearing 'em up properly until we go 1-0 up and forget how to play the game.. :avbfacepalm:

However, I'm going 2-1 Spurs. :bale2: and will :adeohshit: score!

Is :adegrin:going to be playing?

Three points are a must today. Might seem a strange thing to say this early in the season, but I have a feeling that if we manage it we'll go on a run.

But then, I always fuck up the predictions. :gomes:

Back
Top Bottom